Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump is so scatter gun in his approach that maybe, just maybe he accidentally manages to do something positive but then on review of everything he does you still have to take into account that he is really just a tax dodging criminal white supremacist condoning idiot who has no idea how to actually run a country...

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      ^^
      This.

In fact - you've made the list. Anyone who supports Trump is supporting a white supremacist and really has no place here. It takes a lot to reach my ignore list.
      capcom posts some really strange stuff I'm still not convinced hes a real person. I think the mods here are trolling us to see if we except a chat bot as a member and engage with it.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        ^^
        This.

In fact - you've made the list. Anyone who supports Trump is supporting a white supremacist and really has no place here. It takes a lot to reach my ignore list.
        Cheers, did not know about the ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by saif View Post
          Cheers, did not know about the ignore list.
          NP - for those not aware of how to use this, this is how you do it ...

Click on the user name and the menu will pop up, select view profile

Then click on "Add to Ignore List"

Then click on "Yes" to confirm the change

Posts will then be hidden although you'll still see they've made a post in the thread and unfortunately the forum doesn't hide quotes (so don't post quote them folks). You can easily reverse or view the posts if you really want to.

I'd much prefer the forum to show nothing, but it is what it is, and the above is how it works for those that didn't know. As I said, I don't as a rule add people to my ignore list, in my entire forum tenure there are just three users in there, so it takes a lot of effort to reach it.

Comment

Harsh exampling there!!!

Comment

I would congrat that post, but he wouldn't see it...

Comment

The end play to this alleged discussion is just another example of cancel culture...well done you made the list...try thinking centre right for once in your life I am more of a mix between Reagan, George W Bush and Mitt Romney but you have already labelled me.

Quelle surprise indeed. This is a real account stop doubting your eyes...

In UK news across the Atlantic.

In a 2,000-word essay published over the weekend, Michael Gove sought to win round Tory rebels by arguing that ‘lockdown was the only way to stop the NHS being broken’. In the article, the cabinet minister paints a picture of an NHS all set to be flattened until lockdown 2 was introduced: ‘Infections were doubling

In USA news.

The left is excited about revenge once the president leaves office. But their chances of success are slim, to say the least.

Objectivity here...on both sides
                Last edited by CAPCOM; 30-11-2020, 18:15.

Comment

I mean, neither of those are objective and both articles sail about an ocean around the issues. In either case absolutely nothing about Trump is centre right, hell he isn't really on the right himself as he couldn't care less about it beyond its usefulness for himself. The trouble for the right is they allowed themselves to become enablers in a desperate clamour for power in any form because they thought it would be easy to reign in a vanity project celeb. In reality the Republican party is effectively dead, what exists now is a headless corpse of a monstrosity.

The thing is, being a Republican is one thing but being a Trumpite is another and a 2020 vote for Trump isn't a vote for the Republicans or the Right, it's a vote against America itself. He's an inescapable black hole of **** and a stain on the nation forever onward. He's going to be the textbook reference in future American History of what happens when the US system fails at every possible level.

Comment

I never said Trump was centre right I said I was...and a little to the left on some issues and to the right on others but definitley a fair moderate...

The Spectator gets a reputation but it is excellent journalism and more balanced than you give it credit for...

Like anything you have to get it from multiple sources and learn to "read between the lines" as the media is an industry just like the games industry where each developer wants to make you their slave...in terms of monetary matters see loot boxes EA, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Google, Apple and beyond...

The Guardian is not impartial. It has an agenda as overt as The Torygraph.

For example here is a counter argument from the excellent LA Times

Trump's continuous attacks on American democracy could lead to four years of durable disorder, acts of violence that become so common we stop to notice but barely flinch.

LA Times Snippet Op Editorial 29th November

President Trump’s post-election antics are dangerous. Few expected him to be a graceful loser, but his refusal to officially concede and his flood of tweets insisting the election was rigged may have serious and long-term violent consequences.

Even though he fashions himself as a modern-day strongman, Trump’s tactics mirror those of tin-pot dictators, who simply dismiss election results that don’t work out in their favor — and who portray their political adversaries as illegitimate and resort to intimidation to silence the opposition. It’s the kind of thing we saw in Algeria in the 1990s, Kenya in 2007 and Belarus earlier this year.

In one of the hundreds of tweets Trump has posted since the election in an attempt to undermine the will of the voters, he declared “I WON THE ELECTION, VOTER FRAUD ALL OVER THE COUNTRY.” By trying to convince his supporters that Democrats stole the presidency, Trump is actively delegitimizing the Biden administration and, in the process, condoning all forms of civil disobedience and public unrest related to the election results.

"Its difficult to believe in this day and age an individual does not have an agenda but I do not..."

If there is one it is getting to the heart of the truth like any good journalist or philosopher...
                    Last edited by CAPCOM; 30-11-2020, 19:39.

Comment

I'm all for balance, but if this is a representation of what 'center right' is, I think we can live without.

Comment

I'll definitely concede that The Guardian is biased though, they always have been but since their transition to being a tabloid they've become insufferably biased at times. They're very, very well laid out for finding out news updates etc for the purposes here but some issues they're obscenely poor at having a line on it and sticking to it no matter how badly it grates against the image their self-imposed image of respectable journalism.

Comment

Arizona and Wisconsin have certified Biden's win.

Whilst Trump is using his new Supreme Court majority to push for the exclusion of undocumented immigrants from census population tallies and isn't quite getting as much traction as he'd hoped as the SC struggles to match the data so far with the case.

Comment

I'm not saying Donald Trump is desperate for validation that his theory of the election results being fraudulent, I'm just saying he's currently retweeting somebody called "Cat Turd".

Comment

Comment

Let them keep at it - whilst they're doing this, they're taking their eye off the ball for the run offs in Georgia that can swing the Senate to the Democrats.

Nothing Trump can do now will hand him the election, short of starting a civil war, all he's going to end up with is a Trump Tower full of tiny violins.

Comment

Working...
                                X