This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handbrake crunchers

Seriously, how the **** do people not know how to put a handbrake on?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      Handbrake crunchers

Seriously, how the **** do people not know how to put a handbrake on?
      I think people actually like the sound of the ratchet and pawl mechanism. Of course it would be easier to apply the hand brake and probably holding tighter if they actually bothered to push the button in.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        Only I’m driving the Tesla now and it did an emergency stop thing, so he won.
        Sounds like the "hardman" got a lucky escape if he was reliant on the emergency stop thing!

Comment

Unexpected WFH side-effect: spending most days barefoot has meant that my feet have expanded. Supposedly podiatrists acknowledge this phenomenon and I'm not just going mad. It's not really the kind of thing you notice either, until you do have to go out for longer than the half hour it takes to dash to the shops and back, and you then come back and find you're left with pain that's present whenever you stand for the next few days. For a bit I was thinking that most of my going out being to gigs where I'd stand still for hours on a hard floor was the primary cause, but no, even just sitting on my arse in the cinema set it off the other day. It was already difficult enough to buy shoes in my size, but now it gets even more complicated.

Comment

Fun one today. Apparently some anti-maskers in the US have made a documentary film, where they have this bizarre conspiracy theory that all the recent deaths of celebs and everyone else are due to the COVID vaccine, saying it's the a common factor.

When in practice...

(1) this is probably not unreasonable; those people also hard a starsign and were born on a day with a "y" in it
            (2) it's been suggested that nearly twice as many Republican voters have died of COVID than Democrat voters in the US, when also the number of antivax people in the Republican base is much higher:

The authors of a new study can’t say if this impacted the midterms, but say that it’s “plausible given just how stark the differences in vaccination rates have been, among Democrats and Republicans.”

But the irk is that it seems to have had a lot of publicity, when it's clearly just garbage.

Comment

The American conspiracy theory movie is a rabbit hole you in equal part want and don't want to go into. They are pure garbage from all movie technical standpoints and wet paper tissues are stronger than the "evidence" they present.
              But then you discover things like Trump CGI movies or that guy the whole world wants to imprison so he goes "off the grid" with a laptop and some 3.5" floppies.

Comment

Who at this stage are they trying to convince other than themselves? Is there anyone still left who is on the fence about getting a vaccine by now?

Some similar conspiracy theorist Dale Gribble off King of The Hill type turned up with his cronies in my city the other way handing out his free newspaper (I won't name it), weirdly enough at the same time there were loads of stickers appeared on lamp posts and phone boxes complaining about "5G death masts" and giving "independently verified advice" about vaccines. I wouldn't say I'm the smartest person out there, but as a general rule of thumb I don't tend to get my health advice from a sticker on the side of a bin.

Comment

"I don't tend to get my health advice from a sticker on the side of a bin." Chef's kiss.

Comment

My Logitech 810 keyboard has started double typing on the wasd buttons, then the F broke off when cleaning it, ok not that big a deal i have a spare set off key caps, OOOOOOOOOHHHH NO you don't says Logitech, box clearly states G810 keycaps, but they don't sit in the switches properly and are a different height to the other keys, 1 raised F key higher than all the others and it just falls out, 1st world problems and all but its just ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      My Logitech 810 keyboard has started double typing on the wasd buttons, then the F broke off when cleaning it, ok not that big a deal i have a spare set off key caps, OOOOOOOOOHHHH NO you don't says Logitech, box clearly states G810 keycaps, but they don't sit in the switches properly and are a different height to the other keys, 1 raised F key higher than all the others and it just falls out, 1st world problems and all but its just ridiculous.
                      Logitech needs to get the uck outta here!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        Logitech needs to get the uck outta here!
                        Please don’t circumcise the swear filter

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                          Please don’t circumcise the swear filter
                          FBH looked bemused at his faulty keyboard until he realised the problem:
                          "OH, F OFF!"

Comment

Ha. Good stu..

Comment

Press F to pay respects.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                                Good stu..

Comment

Working...
                                X