This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgh!

Someone called me "Nursey" today when leaving the surgery and I felt like my Insides curled up and died in cringe.

TIL I ****ing hate being called that. I've been called 'nurse' and even pet names I don't mind so much but that really made me wanna die in disgust!

Comment

Royal mail is turing into one of the worst parcel company's, staff dont seem to give a ****, we've had multiple recorded delivery parcels just dumped on the doorstep and quite a lot of stuff go missing thanks to parcel theft.

The latest ordeal takes the p though,I ordered quite an expensive item last week it had been sent Monday morning by guaranteed next day, so should of been here Tuesday, it never showed up, Wednesday Thursday had strikes action on but they said they were running limited services to deliver special delivery items, nothing showed up which is fair enough.

Nobody will be in today so i arranged for pick up at my local post office last night thinking i should be able to pick my parcel up on my way home this eve, nope can't pick up till Monday now!!! starting to ask why did i pay for guaranteed next day when its going to be 7 days between my parcel being posted and myself being able to pick it up, absolute shambles of a company and no doubt its in this state thanks to privatisation.

Update -------

They just ignored that i asked to pick it up from post office, signature has been faked and they shoved it through letterbox at least it wasnt left on door to be stolen again this time.
      Last edited by Lebowski; 02-12-2022, 12:15.

Comment

Yep all because RM are trying to hold the share price for the upcoming sale, the staff don’t even get paid for striking, a lot of them are really struggling, but they’ve gone this far now its too late to back down.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
          Urgh!

Someone called me "Nursey" today when leaving the surgery and I felt like my Insides curled up and died in cringe.

TIL I ****ing hate being called that. I've been called 'nurse' and even pet names I don't mind so much but that really made me wanna die in disgust!
          Was it a kid, an old lady or a creepy, "bitty"-type weirdo?

Comment

Actually a nice middle aged patient in a pleasent way, it just hit the ear in all sorts of wrong.

Comment

How AliExpress (and generally Chinese) clothing, via "fast fashion", has leaked onto UK sites like Amazon.

Today I wanted to buy a cheap, plain, zip-up hoodie to keep at my workplace, as the office can get a bit chilly. Finding one was actually quite difficult because for all of the initial matches, when you look at their reviews, you can see many saying the same thing - "too small". This is because the clothes are all made in China to Chinese sizes, where I literally have to order a 6xl shirt to get something approximating a UK XXL; a Chinese XXL shirt is somewhere around a UK med-to-large.

This is a pain for men, but I can see it's a nightmare for women's clothing as these clothes are often "plus size" that top out at laughably small sizes for that label, or, if they support bigger sizes, they end up looking something like a pregnancy smock, and even when those big sizes exist, they're often still too small in the chest.

I've no problem with the sellers sourcing the clothes from China (well, "fast fashion" and the ethics of using Chinese labour are topics worth discussing, but that's not the point I'm making here, right now) but you'd think they would convert their measurements to European or American sizes when they do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                How AliExpress (and generally Chinese) clothing, via "fast fashion", has leaked onto UK sites like Amazon.

Today I wanted to buy a cheap, plain, zip-up hoodie to keep at my workplace, as the office can get a bit chilly. Finding one was actually quite difficult because for all of the initial matches, when you look at their reviews, you can see many saying the same thing - "too small". This is because the clothes are all made in China to Chinese sizes, where I literally have to order a 6xl shirt to get something approximating a UK XXL; a Chinese XXL shirt is somewhere around a UK med-to-large.

This is a pain for men, but I can see it's a nightmare for women's clothing as these clothes are often "plus size" that top out at laughably small sizes for that label, or, if they support bigger sizes, they end up looking something like a pregnancy smock, and even when those big sizes exist, they're often still too small in the chest.

I've no problem with the sellers sourcing the clothes from China (well, "fast fashion" and the ethics of using Chinese labour are topics worth discussing, but that's not the point I'm making here, right now) but you'd think they would convert their measurements to European or American sizes when they do so.
                You can't trust Amazon any more. Its a kin to a roadside Bazaar. Its knock off people hawking their wears.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post

having worked for a clothing retailer designing catalogs for their clothing department you find their is very little that doesn't originate form china, the difference is how on the ball the retailer is in sizing their items correctly for the market their selling in. Vans used to be pretty consistent and i could always guarantee that if i bought a large T-shirt or jumper it would fit Perfect. Somethings changed this year though as they seem to have gone all over the place. Recently I ordered a few T-shirt in their sale and they where all massively smaller than their usual cut and i ended up passing them on to my son. Learning my lesson i ordered a size up on a recent order but even that wasn't right. One item was to small still, one was comically large, and one was just right. I felt like the three bears explaining why i wanted to return two items out of the three .

Button up Shirts piss me off too, as its even more complicated now, take Holister every size has tfour brackets a large isn't a large anymore, slim fit (smallest) tailored fit (medium fit) and regular fit (regular size) and muscle fit (i don't have a clue) so you have four versions of one item size and often you don't know which shirt is which style of size till you dive into the details of it.
                  Last edited by Lebowski; 06-12-2022, 08:58.

Comment

Sizing is beyond a joke on clothing full stop, i really feel sorry for women trying to find anything that fits them.

Comment

I straight up can’t buy long sleeved Uniqlo stuff here in Japan because the sleeves are too short but I’ve bought Uniqlo shirts in the UK, US and Russia and they’re all fine. It’s not just a size translation thing, like UK M = JP L, because the sleeves are actually a few cm shorter even if the chest/neck is the same.

I’ve never even considered buying clothes from Amazon even though they do free returns for fashion stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                        I straight up can’t buy long sleeved Uniqlo stuff here in Japan because the sleeves are too short but I’ve bought Uniqlo shirts in the UK, US and Russia and they’re all fine. It’s not just a size translation thing, like UK M = JP L, because the sleeves are actually a few cm shorter even if the chest/neck is the same.
                        In Japan, I lost around a quarter of my bodyweight, and I still couldn't buy a jacket in GAP or Uniqlo. It wasn't a fat thing; losing the weight proved that. If I put their largest jacket on, it would tear at the shoulders if I stretched my arms. The shape of the garments was just all wrong. I actually used to order much of my clothing from the UK, sent over.

Though I eventually got to the point where I could buy clothes from a place called GU, which was kinda like the Japanese equivalent of Primark. It was funny because all of my clothing was really worn, and I ended up going in during a weekday, where I was the only customer in this huge store with several staff, and explaining to one of the female attendants that I needed to buy pretty much an entire wardrobe, and I expected to spend a few hundred quid. It ended up like being something of an 80s movie music montage scene, where a pair of the staff walked around with me, picking up different things and making up different outfits. Honestly I think they were just bored

Comment

I can't stand when clothing doesn't fit right and I've no patience to keep trying things on - as a result when I find something that fits perfectly, I'll just buy the same thing repeatedly in a few different colours. I just can't be bothered with it, all the trying on. I only really need to look faintly smart. I look like a cross between Les Dawson and Bob Carolgees, nobody is going to care what trousers I got.

As a good example, back when Debenhams were closing down, I got two pairs of chinos from their in-house brand Maine. Couldn't try them in-store due to Covid rules at the time, but they fit so well I went back for another couple of pairs. Then more recently, I ordered another pair from their (still alive) website. I'm off on holiday soon, could do with more trousers, back onto the Debenhams website for some more. It's literally the only type of trousers I've bought since 2020. Before that, it was M&S ones going back at least a decade - they changed to a "new and improved" fit that just weren't as good. That was enough to immediately sever my relationship with them, they lost the trousers contract. They could have been selling them to me until I died.

It's the same story with shirts, about 80% of what I've got is an M&S regular fit button-up shirt - some long sleeve, some short sleeve. I just go in the discount outlet and see if they've got any new ones in my size. And shoes - I just wear the same black slip-on Skechers for every occasion until they're worn out enough to buy whatever is the most similar-looking to what I had (they keep updating them).

Comment

I used to rely on George in Asda for my jeans until they changed all the fits and names for their styles. They have no changing rooms still so, as I just got paid, I picked up 5 pairs in what I thought were my size in different styles, bought them, then tried them on in the loos and immediately returned the ones that were unsuitable, which on that trip was all of them, ended up getting one pair in a different size that had to do for a trip I was about to leave on.

Comment

Websites. Specifically, that so few have figured out how to make themselves viable without succumbing to the increasingly OTT demands of advertisers. Being advertised to is bad enough, but it's particularly egregious when you're already a captive audience but can't actually use the site as your browser is brought to its knees from the volume of overlays, auto-play videos, notification pop-ups and so on. I feel like I've probably moaned about this before and forgotten about it, but it's not gotten any better.

Also, why does my autocorrect want to turn "sunday" into "Saturday"? You devious little bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                                Websites. Specifically, that so few have figured out how to make themselves viable without succumbing to the increasingly OTT demands of advertisers. Being advertised to is bad enough, but it's particularly egregious when you're already a captive audience but can't actually use the site as your browser is brought to its knees from the volume of overlays, auto-play videos, notification pop-ups and so on. I feel like I've probably moaned about this before and forgotten about it, but it's not gotten any better.
                                It's a real shame, and it's incredibly frustrating if you open one news article, or one cooking recipe, and you're absolutely waylaid by banners and ads, to the degree where it's difficult just to use the site.

But they have my sympathy, somewhat. A related example is how everyone bitches about YouTube ads, with YT being one of the most popular and useful websites on the internet and, for all its flaws, one of the best things the information age has produced - but rather than just pay the price of a couple of KFC meals for YouTube premium, people instead either complain about the ads or get into the adblocker arms race. If YouTube can't win that battle, of getting people to pay a small sub, the Tunbridge Wells Echo or the Somerset Mail have absolutely no chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X