Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigh ,lockdown and people told to avoid unnecessary travel and the boss today on New year's Day promoting deal for the day for ice cream until 6pm by one get one free seems opposite of what a lockdown is...first customer of the day was a old man with no mask just getting a newspaper....my patience is being sorely tested

Comment

Taking down Christmas decorations and tree, covered in white ****e/ fake snow from the tree.

Would usually have decorations up for longer but just wanna get things back to normal to ready my brain back to work mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
        Taking down Christmas decorations and tree, covered in white ****e/ fake snow from the tree.

Would usually have decorations up for longer but just wanna get things back to normal to ready my brain back to work mode.
        We just did ours and fake snow and glitter is everywhere. The hoover just won't get it out the carpet. It's weaved in.

Comment

Luckily the carpet in our rented apartment is like a dishcloth so it should be easy enough to hoover, you can feel the nails in the floorboards through it.

Did a tidy up all round today, gonna air out the place, dust and vacuum the place in the morning, including the curtains that has the white herpes all over it from the tree.

Comment

We're not taking ours down yet, until tomorrow or Tuesday. Love Christmas too much.

Comment

Ours came down on the 30th actually, earlier than I thought we would, but Kathryn had already pulled the tree over once, so we were just making our lives easier!
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Insurance and loss adjusting is a hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                  Insurance and loss adjusting is a hive of scum and villainy.
                  Probably better to stay away from The Rainmaker by Mr Grisham, may or may not be your cup of tea but believe me you'll certainly come away thinking the American Insurance companies at least, that prey on the poor are a right load of scumbags.

Comment

Bad enough working in the UK industry. I need to get out for my own sanity.

-edit-
                    The novel actually sounds quite gripping. Might give it a read.
                    Last edited by Cepp; 04-01-2021, 18:09.

Comment

A few small irks

On early days of diet.

Getting grumpy because of diet and impatient for new manga to arrive. I haven’t bought anything new in ages and just bought yet another as the waiting is doing my head in.

3 fillings on a 4 year old whilst mum played paw patrol on the iPad pausing every 30 secs cause of adverts. Ffs get Chase outta my face and stop your kids teeth from getting this bad in the first place!
                      Mother came back to complain we forgot to give her daughter a sticker (I actually had one for her but she stormed out before I could give it), never even apologised for being 20 mins late for the last appointment of the day too (the dentist had changed to go home just as they arrived). Kid was ok to a point at least considering what she had to go through.

Comment

Just smashed the Gundam coffee mug I bought in Japan in 2018

Looking online for replacements and I can't find any. I purchased mine inside a little pop-up store next to the giant moving Gundam; they had rows upon rows of just normal shaped mugs with cool Gundam designs on them. All I can find on Google/eBay is awful/garish products, nothing like what I saw available back then.

Comment

Nooo! Poor [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] bought a Sonic the Hedgehog mug that was merch for the Sonic Alton Towers ride when it was a thing. He smashed it at work a couple of years ago and he was super sad too!

Bet he would have felt worse if it was a Gundam one from that store though, such a shame!

Comment

Damn, sorry to hear that Asura. It sucks and was completely my fault, but that just makes it worse lol. Should have been more careful.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                              Damn, sorry to hear that Asura. It sucks and was completely my fault, but that just makes it worse lol. Should have been more careful.
                              It was one of these ones

Comment

eBay.

Had someone buy my old CPU and return it as faulty. Didn't seem as if it had even been tested. Went through the faff of popping it back in my board - completely fine. But it's not like I have a right to refuse a return so whatever give them their refund.

List it again, someone buys it and their payment is immediately placed on hold. Just cancelled the transaction outright now. You get treated like **** as a seller, wish there were better alternatives. Maybe I should try on Reddit or something.

Sigh.
                                Last edited by speedlolita; 13-01-2021, 22:07.

Comment

Working...
                                X