Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just band it already, unless its on medical grounds for reconstruction etc it just feeds a monsterous industry

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
      We're fixed at the moment with EDF
      Can't not let this pass unnoticed...

Comment

The panic buying at my local Morrisons fuel stop has begun. Wankers queueing back out on to the road, jamming the store car park, staff out now directing traffic. Just...wankers being wankers.
        Last edited by Golgo; 24-09-2021, 12:12.

Comment

Debates about minimum wage rates - NMW is borderline useless and the wrong solution to poverty

Comment

Keep raising the minimum wage beyond reasonable levels for companies to handle and the hours just get reduced to compensate.

Comment

It's a really lazy political crutch. We'll raise wages by 2% this year!
              Meanwhile prices and taxes raise by 4-5% across the year so everyone just persistently becomes poorer. If cost of living doesn't freeze then the wage increase is meaningless

Comment

The NMW is meant to be the minimum amount a person needs to live the minimum reasonable lifestyle our society accepts a working person should have, if they work 40hrs a week.

I say "minimum reasonable" because it needs to include housing, bills, costs, food, potentially money to support dependents, and some money left over for both saving for a rainy day and some nice things.

If a company can't afford to pay someone that much, it means the "job" they offer isn't really a job. It takes up all that person's reasonable working time and doesn't pay enough for them to have that reasonable standard of living. We shouldn't tolerate that, because it creates a class of people who are, by definition, not earning enough for that minimum standard of living, and that shouldn't be something we're willing to accept.

You shouldn't be allowed to have a business that pays people less than NMW, outside of maybe specific mitigating circumstances like start-ups or very small businesses under a certain turnover/staff number who are still working up to that goal.

Comment

Yep, its just a false baseline though as they raise it on the 01 April each year and prices across the board rise to reflect it and the same day tax increases meaning that any rebalancing is immediately nulled and any further increases across the year widen the gap. It's fine that they have a safety net but instead of setting something seen as a minimum it's the standard for too many, hence the rise in food banks etc. It just seems to expose further that despite their reputations the Tories are actually **** with money. Broken system etc

Comment

Expected a parcel from good old Royal mail but because its raining they couldn't be bothered. I did get an email saying they attempted delivery and to see the card they put through the door...no card because they never came. **** bastards.

Comment

An anti-vaxxer having just recovered from a hospital stay due to covid tell people to "not use your intellect, use your heart" and get vaccinated.
                      **** off you absolute ****. YOUR intellect is the problem!

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                        An anti-vaxxer having just recovered from a hospital stay due to covid tell people to "not use your intellect, use your heart" and get vaccinated.
                        **** off you absolute ****. YOUR intellect is the problem!
                        We’re trying to get RID of the morons. Shhhhhhhhhh.
                        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 03-10-2021, 21:59.

Comment

Logging in to my online credit card.

With my bank, I just need a pin number and I'm in.

My credit card needs:

Username
                          Text authentication number
                          Credit card details
                          Password
                          Pin number

Almost all of which I need to reset every time I have to log in.
                          It's become such a hassle that I literally need to shut myself away for a good hour. Absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

Do you use a password manager?

If not, get one - it'll change your life!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              Do you use a password manager?

If not, get one - it'll change your life!
                              So do you only need one password to get into that then?

It sounds really easy!

As easy as looking after your first pet. What was your first pet's name again?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                So do you only need one password to get into that then?

It sounds really easy!

As easy as looking after your first pet. What was your first pet's name again?
                                You have to phrase it in terms of pronstar names, didn't you learn anything from last time?

Comment

Working...
                                X