Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw linked via the Daily Mail so may be wrong but apparently the accuracy of UK deaths is in question because of, again, academics at Oxford who say the figures reported are actually too high. Johnson would love that but man does that Uni need to sod off

Comment

The deaths that the hospitals count after the doctors sign the death certificate? I suppose they might be too tired and miscounted them, or not have realised the patient hadn't actually died.

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...n-tells-huawei
      Huawei's 5G ban in the UK might be reversed before it comes into action because it seems like it was mostly done just to please Trump
      Noone was shocked that day. The issue isn't that the Chinese have a secret back door into Huawei's 5G kit (for which there is absolutely zero evidence such a thing exists - the only thing that exists is a claim from the US which hasn't been backed up with anything and it would have come to light as it did in 2011), it's that the US doesn't, not like those nice US made Cisco routers.

If I were building a communications network, I'd actually be far more wary of using US kit.
      Last edited by MartyG; 19-07-2020, 11:04.

Comment

Johnson says we can avoid a second national lockdown... presumably by simply not imposing one and letting the virus run rampant as...

Officials warn we are at risk of Coronavirus exponential growth due to the failures of Test and Trace

Medics appeal to public to prevent ‘overwhelming’ resurgence by following face mask and physical distancing guidelines

And senior Doctors plead to the public to help fight off the threat of the Second Wave which could devastate the NHS this winter.

All whilst protests against Face Masks take place in London based on... conspiracy theories gives them too much credit given how feeble the arguments are. It's that damned 5G innit? That and Vaccines!

Comment

UK, are you okay? https://www.irishtimes.com/news/worl...exit-1.4308236

Funny how the article goes into detail about the different systems each EU country is putting in place, almost as if they have the autonomy to make their own decisions. I imagine that will be lost on many who voted for Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/19/anti-...oned-13010504/
            All whilst protests against Face Masks take place in London based on... conspiracy theories gives them too much credit given how feeble the arguments are. It's that damned 5G innit? That and Vaccines!
            At least these keep all the lunatics briefly isolated in one place.

Comment

It's no wonder Oxford are so vocal on Coronavirus given they have skin in the game:

Oxford University's coronavirus vaccine trial team is 'absolutely on track' and the vaccine could be available as early as September, David Carpenter, Chairman of the Berkshire Research Ethics Committee, which approved the Oxford trial has said.

They claim they could have their vaccine available widely by September

It's currently being raced through testing phases 2 and 3 simultaneously to try and get it to market first

Comment

Oxford University isn't just one thing. There are different groups within it, doing different research, doing different press releases, which actually contradict one another.

The group developing the vaccine (which is a good thing! A vaccine would be great) is not the same group as Gupta's posse who are saying we don't even need a vaccine.

Comment

We need to be careful with vaccines that are rushed through because I saw a documentary about a vaccine for cancer, but it ended up turning the patients into monsters that hate daylight and chased Will Smith around New York.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    We need to be careful with vaccines that are rushed through because I saw a documentary about a vaccine for cancer, but it ended up turning the patients into monsters that hate daylight and chased Will Smith around New York.
                    Along with the clear danger of turning everyone into zombies, except Will Smith, we also don't want to give credence to the anti-vac brigade by putting something onto the market half tested which turns out not to be as safe as first thought because something was missed. The last thing we need is that lot being able to say "We told you so".

Comment

First responses from the Oxford vaccine find it to be safe and effective at building the immune system against the virus. Johnson, meanwhile has played down the chances of making a vaccine available before we reach 2021.

Comment

I'm completely up for that vaccine, Will Smith looked like he was having a right old laugh for the first third of that film.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                          Along with the clear danger of turning everyone into zombies, except Will Smith, we also don't want to give credence to the anti-vac brigade by putting something onto the market half tested which turns out not to be as safe as first thought because something was missed. The last thing we need is that lot being able to say "We told you so".
                          Ha ha ha, can you imagine?
                          "Well, it's not the decimation of mankind and the constant hunting by nocturnal mutants that's the worst thing about this apocalypse, it's that Karen was right."

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            At least these keep all the lunatics briefly isolated in one place.
                            We should nuke them from orbit. Just to be sure.

Comment

So which members of the Westminster cabinet have a stake in the Oxford vaccine... I’m sure that’ll leak soon.

Comment

I bet Cummings is sat there right now daydreaming about what else he could have put in the vaccine and lamenting the fact that there isn't really any kind of "brainwash" drugs for him to implement his ultimate plan so he can finally take over the world and rule over it in a selection of hideous casual clothes.

Comment

Working...
                                X