Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tories failed to assess or investigate Russian interference in the 2016 Referendum. The committee said that they were unable to confirm or deny Russian interference affecting the result of the referendum because absolutely no effort had been made to find out if it had happened.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
      I'm starting to feel increasingly anxious about Covid-19 and really beginning to feel like it's the start of the end of the world.

The fact that it isn't going to go away, there'll be future spikes, the fact that the vaccine isn't guaranteed to work.

It's all piling on top of me and it's taking a huge amount of mental.energy to break down and bawl my eyes out.

Just me?
      Id be more worried about the fresh water running out personally 🤷

Comment

Raab actually has the gall to say they've seen no evidence of successful interference as they rule out launching an investigation into the matter.

Comment

Holding this back and then releasing it just as that vote on the NHS happens is misdirection upon misdirection. The public and the media don't know where to look right now. The UK is being hideously manipulated and it will eventually have far-reaching consequences. The Russian interference definitely warrants more investigation as far as I can make out from what they've released and yet it seems like next to nothing was done in the years since Brexit. And it's not an isolated incident. Russia are making a habit of interfering and they're getting away with it because the people it is benefiting don't want to shine a light on what it's helped them achieve. It's all very dark stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            Goodbye NHS!

Let's get #DontSellTheNHS trending.

Comment

Its so we can sell of he NHS to Trump, we are absolutely screwed. The American health care system is one that accounts for 65% of all US bankruptcy per year, Yeah lets bring that system over here absolute utter *****

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Goodbye NHS!

Not sure how many times i can keep saying i told you so.

Comment

Time and time again people yell "they're going to sell the NHS" - I've lost count of how many times this crops up over the years.

Lucas and Starmer put that amendment into the Trade Bill knowing full well it would never pass, but that it would generate headlines when it didn't. Worked didn't it?

No government of any colour will ever sell the NHS. Why? Because any government that does so ensures they will never be re-elected - proof? Half a dozen posts here outraged about it even by the very concept, let alone the implementation.

Noone is selling the NHS, even without this clause in the trade bill.

Comment

I don't believe that. I don't believe it because it requires thinking beyond the present. I'm not convinced anymore that the threat of not being elected again is something they fear. Or if they even should fear it given how well they did in the last election after an atrocious track record. I don't believe there is a low point at which the current government would really stop if they wanted to do something.

Comment

They won't sell the NHS, they'll just break it up into little pieces and gradually sell that off until the NHS is basically just a framework of private companies (who are party donors).

Comment

The NHS is one of those sacred things, even the very structure of it makes wholesale privatisation virtually impossible. A US healthcare style system in the UK is never going happen - it's something I'd be prepared to bet my house on.

Comment

I wouldn't bet your house on an internet game forum conversation, Marty. That's not a good idea generally.

Comment

Maybe not.

But yes, politicians are absolutely concerned about being elected. The very reason we have a Brexit is government now is because the Tories chased those votes massively shifting to the right in order to get them, just as they would have shifted massively towards stopping Brexit would that had of been a vote winner.

Selling the NHS to the US is an absolute assurity of there being a Labour government next time - because the stick Labour would get from it to bash the Tories would be able to knock down the very walls of parliament.

Comment

But Boris doesn’t care about the party at all. Nor do any of the others. Boris just wants whatever he wants for himself. Tories not being in power for another 100 years wouldn’t bother him

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                But Boris doesn’t care about the party at all. Nor do any of the others. Boris just wants whatever he wants for himself. Tories not being in power for another 100 years wouldn’t bother him
                                Exactly. Boris is probably tied into a couple of companies here and there who stand to do very well from the selling off of the NHS. He doesn't care about politics or the party he represents. He cares about being able to sit on a beach living off of the interest from his dodgy deals.

Comment

Working...
                                X