Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's that herd immunity working out then?

Comment

That one is from a while ago and, while it’s not one of the cases I had seen (I think they were Chinese), there still can be an immunity built up. But yeah, it’s still just a possibility rather than a reality and, if someone does become immune, it could be temporary. But really, that’s a moot point because spreading a disease through a population is not how herd immunity happens. It doesn’t protect from anything until, as the name suggests, the herd is immune. It’s an after the fact thing and, in practical real world terms, means wide scale vaccination which does not exist at this time. Without that, it’s little more than a buzzword and as useful as saying Harry Potter will delay the spread.

Comment

The number of new infections in China, South Korea and Taiwan has been vastly reduced, so we do know that isolation is working. As we haven't had large percentages of populations infected, we've no idea if immunity will hold and WHO has said as much - a sufficient mutation will render immunity from previous infections ineffective and then you've got a massive nationwide infection for no good reason.

I personally don't trust a thing Johnson says, he's a known liar and I certainly wouldn't want to gamble my health and wellbeing on a nod from the current government.

Comment

Remember I had gone to Tesco for beer and crisps and witnessed the panic buying? Well I was just there for my beer and crisps and so no worries for me, except for only having that one bag of crinkle cut. After all, I already had my usual weekly groceries online order in to be delivered this weekend.

Just got an email saying that they’re having trouble fulfilling the order due to lack of products. Damn those panic buyers!

Comment

UK infections increase by 342 to 1,140, with 21 deaths confirmed by Public Health England as of 9am 14th March.

Comment

Panic season in my local Morrisons, all bread and bogrolls gone, place all warm and full of sweaty people, I zoomed in and nabbed some wine, some paracetamol and a few packs of AA batteries for the Xbox pad, then straight through the self-serve and was out of there in less than two minutes.

Person upon person with fully-laden trolleys, darting eyes, rowdy chavs looking roused and amused, the stink of soggy human everywhere. Had to get outta there. Like fokkin cattle, man, selfish bovine stinkers.

If I'm gonna be dyin then I'm drinkin my wy-ine.

Comment

Interesting point about closing schools. It would mean lots of grandparents looking after kids while folks at work.

Comment

Delivery day tomorrow usually so gonna make a trip to the big supermarket in case there are any nappies, toilet rolls or wet wipes. It's the inability to wipe our backsides I object to

Comment

I can't see any problems with bogroll as I'm quite conservative in my usage of it, a roll can last me a month.

But, anyway, where's the prob in filling a sink up and using a sponge or flannel or summat??!! And I'm being serious, it's just a bit of poop, peeps. Why take all the bogroll?

It's hardly fokkin rocket science!!!

Comment

Kitchen towel, too. Tear into quarters and you can fold it after one wipe and the poop don't seep thru.

Or am I Einstein??????

Comment

Worst thing are the toilet roll memes and 'jokes' that are clogging up the net. Absolutely sick of seeing stuff on FB about it in particular.

To understand comedy, one has to comprehend that it's not the roll itself which is amusing. It's what it wipes away that is the 'amusor'. Paper - inherently - is not an amusing thing.

Please no more jokes about paper. Paper isn't amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                          Kitchen towel, too. Tear into quarters and you can fold it after one wipe and the poop don't seep thru.

Or am I Einstein??????
                          No, you're Stan Laurel. Toilet paper is manufactured in such a way that it disintegrates in the sewer system. Kitchen roll does not and can clog up pipes.

If you run out of toilet paper, use my genius method of keeping your bum hole clean and avoid an expensive visit from the plumber.

Comment

For 'special situations', my good man. I'd be happy with the sponge, tbh. Like crossing a bidet with an ass-massage.

Anyhoo, don't matter if the bogs get blocked up, we're all gonna die!!!!!!!!

Comment

Plus, you know if you bend a metal coathanger a little bit? Better than Domestos.

Comment

A month a roll Jazz, unless you only go at work (get paid to go), I dunno how it can be done.

Comment

Working...
                                X