Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given the money involved I assumed the bigger ones would have funds, insurance etc for eventuality's like this rather than be on the edge of collapse whenever something comes up. Everytime something happens that affects any business/service it feels like none ever have a plan for disruption in services despite it always being a threat.

Comment

Woolworths in Australia is to begin operating a dedicated hour for elderly shoppers to protect them from being screwed over by stockpilers. Should work well here... oh, we lost Woolies too.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        Given the money involved I assumed the bigger ones would have funds, insurance etc for eventuality's like this rather than be on the edge of collapse whenever something comes up. Everytime something happens that affects any business/service it feels like none ever have a plan for disruption in services despite it always being a threat.
        Yeah, I was wondering about that too. With so much money involved and lots that can go wrong, I would have thought they are insured up to the eyeballs. But then I was reading about SXSW not giving refunds because they said that their insurance didn't cover pandemics - not sure what happened there as I didn't get the end of the story.

Comment

Heard about a few events doing that which I kind of get but they might feel it next year because from a customer service point of view it's awful

Comment

We have a local fast food chain here called Supermacs (yeah...) and they're now giving free meals to anyone in the emergency services. That's pretty cool... although I'm not quite sure what it means for the staff of Supermacs. Large amounts of Irish people seem to be doing the right things at the moment. The one obvious problem was people going to the pubs but that's a non-issue now that they are closed.

Also -
            Last edited by Dogg Thang; 16-03-2020, 10:10.

Comment

Looks like Arnie is well sorted for meat.

Comment

The other thing going on here in Ireland now is that apparently they have massively widened out the testing. If you even have just normal cold or flu symptoms, you're to call your GP to see if they should test you. Up to now they have been sending people out to houses in full on hazmat suits to collect them for tests but I'm guessing that has to change because they couldn't keep that up if they are doing loads of tests.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  And again while we’re all looking at the death figures, it seems that if you pull through there is a chance you can be left with permanent lung damage - https://www.sciencealert.com/even-th...ath-afterwards
                  I wouldn't have thought that particularly notable; even a bad bout of normal 'flu can leave you with lung scarring.

Comment

Yeah, 20-30% drop in lung function is grand. Barely worth mentioning. Carry on.

Comment

On the plus side, lots of new organ donations

Comment

Looks like Arnie has got some Coronavirus symptoms.

He's feeling a little horse...
                        Last edited by QualityChimp; 16-03-2020, 13:05.

Comment

Yeah, 20-30% drop in lung function is grand. Barely worth mentioning. Carry on.
                          What? They've said it has symptoms similar to pneumonia. Lung damage is a symptom of pneumonia.

Comment

No need to panic, the numbers are going down. Thanks Johnson.

Comment

Wait, what am I looking at? That can’t be right...?

Comment

If you stop testing people then you have less new people with the virus than you did when you were testing for it. Simples! If we didn’t test at all we’d be a corona free country!

Comment

Working...
                                X