This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
    The government has done a pretty terrible job of late in regards to making the public take this seriously and with the cummings fiasco has lost all its credibility. It really dose feel like boris and co have taken a massive step back in a very obvious ploy to remove them form scrutiny.

It all feels like a game at the moment the reopening of shops the dithering over distancing and masks, but none of that really matters as The BLM marches and statue counter protests have taken over the news feeds. I bet Cummings and Boris are rubbing there hands with glee as it gives them a get out and takes the spotlight off their current failings. If in two weeks time we see a massive uptick in case again it wont be anything they have or haven't done it will be the protesters faults for not following distancing measures.
    You have to wonder though what the impact of 10s of thousands of people packed cheek by jowl screaming in close proximity and possibly piling on to public transport will be. So far the chart of new infections is indicating a continuing decline in new cases. There could also be a seasonal effect with this virus as there is with many others which would give rise to an increase in cases in the southern hemisphere during their winter.

Comment

There's going to be another spike after seeing the scenes in Biscester Village, Sports Direct and Primark.

Oh, but it's the BLM protesters that caused it.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        There's going to be another spike after seeing the scenes in Biscester Village, Sports Direct and Primark.

Yeah, I was thinking this same thing. Never mind all the beach pics from the week before the protests. Covid only kicks in during protests.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

But you'd think it wouldn't help especially when there continuing up and down the country, packed in like sardines and screaming right next to each other. Many of those at the protest were in face masks however. I'm still confused about how effective face mask are. Despite all that the infection and death rates appear to still be in decline for now.

Comment

Surprised anyone would put a penny into the pocket of that vile blob Mike Ashley. A turd of a man.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoju View Post
              But you'd think it wouldn't help especially when there continuing up and down the country, packed in like sardines and screaming right next to each other. Many of those at the protest were in face masks however. I'm still confused about how effective face mask are. Despite all that the infection and death rates appear to still be in decline for now.
              Yeah, I do feel like their reason for being there is just a little bit more justified than those currently cramming into Primark for discount pants they could buy online anyway, though.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                Yeah, I do feel like their reason for being there is just a little bit more justified than those currently cramming into Primark for discount pants they could buy online anyway, though.
                I've been over the justification for it but BLM UK themselves were not keen on these protests happening at this time for obvious reasons. Then there's the backlash and inflaming of tensions.

Comment

I think the fact that over a couple of posts you’ve managed to ignore all the other examples of people needlessly putting themselves and others at risk and yet come back to BLM protests being a bad idea probably tells us this isn’t about Covid and you would have a problem with them regardless of the timing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    I think the fact that over a couple of posts you’ve managed to ignore all the other examples of people needlessly putting themselves and others at risk and yet come back to BLM protests being a bad idea probably tells us this isn’t about Covid and you would have a problem with them regardless of the timing.
                    They were already being criticized here but the BLM protests were not. That's what I couldn't understand IF you believe the virus is deadly enough to require unprecedented lockdown measures. I'm still on the fence in that regard considering the fallout from lockdown could end up being catastrophic. Furthermore I can't see what good is supposed to come out of this action other than a lot of racial tension playing into the hands of agitators.

Comment

The way things are going the protests could well continue all through the summer but given the government's in charge currently and the self-preservation mode of private businesses that will be kicking in I don't think this round of protests will ever result in much material change, it's sadly yet another area where change will be slow when it could be quick. The arrival of the Second Wave of Coronavirus will throttle efforts and is likely something the Tories are banking on for that.

At work instances of sickness are very low atm thanks to the time of year and people staying at home more but the very slightest symptom has everyone in a panic that they're infected. This winter is going to be absolutely bedlam whether the virus peaks or doesn't... though it will.

Comment

So, Government pushing for full school reopening in September with... no plan. Literally didn't get what they wanted two weeks ago so now they'll just throw everything out the window, dangle some funding to school heads and ignore the obvious second wave. The only good thing is everything at the back end of the year might well finally destroy the Tories appeal to enough people.

Comment

Some MP's are pushing for a 4 day week to help unemployment 'post COVID' which is the new Great Lie of 2020 as a term currently. I'm in - as long as I get paid 5 days pay for 4 days otherwise they can sod off.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            I'm in - as long as I get paid 5 days pay for 4 days otherwise they can sod off.
                            Dont worry, just like the pensions private business will foot the bill.

Spoiler: we wont.

Laughable stuff yet again from the gov, its gone beyond funny now into sad and dangerously stupid.

Comment

I saw a shopping centre packed with hundreds of people today, within a minute I turned around and exited. I went for someone else it was not my idea.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                                I saw a shopping centre packed with hundreds of people today, within a minute I turned around and exited. I went for someone else it was not my idea.
                                We had to go into town for something critical for the wedding yesterday, and honestly, it was just an normal day at the seaside for the tens of thousands of people there.

I'm not a curtain-twitcher to the degree where I'm angry at people just for being outside, but it was ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X