No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get some vitamin D in you. Hope you feel better soon! I'm expecting round 2 very soon given the complacency of everyone, although I'm still rocking my mask on the bus and an air purifier in my classroom.

Comment

Aye hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Yeah take care of yourself and find some things to do that don't require too much concentration. I tried playing games, reading and watching stuff on tv but just could not focus. After a couple of days I found starting a new farm on Stardew Valley and chilled with it more than usual on my switch as some days I was laid in bed or the sofa. Drink plenty of fluids and have some stuff in to help that sore throat and to help sleep with coughing if that's an issue as not sleeping as well as feeling ill is the worst!

Visited my family last weekend and had a load of missed calls from my mum today. She was worried I might be ill as my stepdad, my sister and her wife have all fallen ill and are awaiting tests. Like my mum I had a couple of off days but then I have been working my ass off this week so I doubt I was really ill but we have had a few people being asked to be tested at work as 3 nurses got sick suddenly (all 3 were fine but one has unexpectedly been ill for 2 days).

We have not had any advise or guidance if we should try and get any more boosters working in the practice. I know at least one clinician who said she does not plan to have any more as the last one made her very ill as apposed to all the rest. I have my flu vaccine booked in for 2 weeks time and it was after my first Covid jab I had my first ever flu one which made me feel worse than when I had Covid but for a shorter space of time.

Comment

I'll be in for flu and covid shots this winter. I'm at a smaller school now, but 1400 is still a lot of ways to get sick with kids coughing and sneezing all up and down the halls (and colleagues coming to work sick ffs).

I've already had one kid let me know they've got covid and school has only been back for 3 weeks.

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. Well, it's 5 days later since catching Covid and I'm back to 100%. Well, besides my voice but that will fix it's self over time.
            I was worried that my eyes were buggered as focus was way lower than it should have been but thankfully my eyesight has returned to normal.
            On the bright side, I managed to complete another two Battle of the Ports shows so that will save me some time in the coming weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
              We have not had any advise or guidance if we should try and get any more boosters working in the practice. I know at least one clinician who said she does not plan to have any more as the last one made her very ill as apposed to all the rest. I have my flu vaccine booked in for 2 weeks time and it was after my first Covid jab I had my first ever flu one which made me feel worse than when I had Covid but for a shorter space of time.
              I’ve had annual flu jabs since I was an undergraduate student and 1 out of 3 will make me feel crap for 6 hours or so, BUT that is better than having an illness that could last for weeks and hospitalise someone in my situation.

Same for Covid jabs. Would take a few hours potential discomfort over long term organ damage, hospitalisation or death, any day.
              Last edited by Protocol Penguin; 25-09-2023, 11:57.

Comment

I get the flu jab at work and it usually gives me mild nausea for a few hours, but I half think that might be kind of a reverse placebo effect as I’m not keen on needles (the flu jab one is a doddle as needles go, mind). Does stop me getting flu though.

Comment

The oldies have been getting COVID booster and flu jab at the same time, and it definitely knocked dad a bit for the following 24 hours this year.
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Wife started a new job and brought it home she's confined to the bedroom at the moment, but the shared bathroom might be a problem.

Comment

Oh dear. Hope she gets better soon and the illness passes quick.

I'm still fine getting my flu jab as planned but if it makes me sick all through the weekend I'm having Monday off work!

Comment

Had a viral infection in my lungs for over a month now, antibiotics & steroids started to take effect but the course didn’t run long enough and it just came back.

Then I break my little toe and fracture the inner one.

Thursday I finally crack and left work at 2pm and my body breaks down with yet another cold/virus on top, cold sweats, migraines (I’ve never had a migraine) dizziness & disoriented.

Gets doxycycline & a new much stronger inhaler.

Cue massive side effects yesterday and I’m 10 times worse, this time with hallucinations for 2 hours.

I’m not enjoying the whole life thing right now.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          Had a viral infection in my lungs for over a month now, antibiotics & steroids started to take effect but the course didn’t run long enough and it just came back.

Thursday I finally crack and left work at 2pm and my body breaks down with yet another cold/virus on top, cold sweats, migraines (I’ve never had a migraine) dizziness & disoriented.

Cue massive side effects yesterday and I’m 10 times worse, this time with hallucinations for 2 hours.

****, that sounds terrible. Hope you pull through it.
                          And yeah, when I got Covid the migraine was one of the worst aspects. A constant throbbing pain in my head was not something I'd ever experienced until this year.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post

Grim times. Get well soon.

Comment

Yes that sounds very bad indeed, get well soon.

I went several years with maybe 1-2 colds (inc 1 bout of mild covid) and then in the last month 2 times. Got a GP appt on Monday, not sure if it might need anti-biotics as it’s been around 10 days and still feel scummy/tired. I think recent up tick is due to my having had little exposure for a long time and recommencing face to face work with clients.

Comment

F me yesterday wasn’t fun. I’ve kept the antibiotics and dropped the new inhaler today and no side effects so far.

I kid you not, for 2 hours straight I was hallucinating that acolytes in robes were shuffling round and round in circles on the extension roof outside the bedroom window, shooting me glowing green eyes & whispering at me, then to each other.

Comment

Working...
                                X