No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that sounds horrible. Get well soon.

Comment

My poor mum has it. Had the jab nearly 2 weeks ago, went for a week to Italy with a friend, felt rougher than usual flying back and took a test before meeting up with my sister.

She's worried about her visit in just over a week's time. I'm pretty sure she will be ok, she sounds way better than she was before, I'm quietly confident at least as I don't want her to feel worse if there is a chance she can't come.

She gave it to me when we met up in London last year (my stepdad apparently wasn't feeling great when he dropped her off at the train station that time but her friend she spent 2 days with before me was perfectly well before and after) so she's scared she is going to overly share again.

Comment

A young guy in my team at work has long COVID. He collapsed in the street early this year and it was found after many tests both here and back in Germany that his heart was only working at approx. 20% of what it should.

He had COVID earlier and felt fine but a few of the young guys at work are in to cycling and I suspect he didn't allow himself to recover fully before over exercising.

He is back at work recently but still can only manage around a day per week in the office.

I see people on public transport now behaving like the whole COVID thing didn't exist

Comment

Hope you recover soon Fishbowl head.

Comment

Well all the shuffling acolytes have gone away so that’s a plus.

Last night it was cold sweats every time I fell asleep, woke up and everything I touched was soaked, my pillows, clothes, duvet, bed, everything. Had to strip it all today and do a deep clean, fun. I’m on the sofa tonight with basically a tarp under a blanket so I can’t cause any more damage if I cold sweat again, ugghhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Get well soon all.

Since the start of the school year I've already had 2 colds, whereas I'd had none last year until getting covid. Now it's all the ****ing time. It really does a number on your immune system.

Comment

Eh, the thread you never want to see a resurgence of.
                Somehow I've got it as well, started last Thursday, mid-day, as a mild sore throat which quickly snowballed to a runny nose by the evening. Immediately took something thinking it was just some temporary, but Thursday night was rough and woke up on Friday with a small fever, less than 37°C.
                I felt sick like a normal flu and had a headache, so I opted to stay in bed; the headache turned out to be a bit too strong, so I took some Ibuprofen, which knocked down the fever to 36.3°C and made me feel much better. I got out of bed, prepped some stuff for Saturday, but fever rose back to 36.8°C, so I went back to bed.

Another rough night, woke up with the same temperature, and decided to stay in bed the whole day...and hoping I'd be able to stay awake long enough to order me a RetroTINK 4K. During Startuday temps got up to 37.1°C, so I took some Paracetamol, which again had a good effect. In the evening temps were back up again but I stubbornly stayed up till 23 (local time) to order the RT4K. Which I was able to do! Yai!!!! Hopefully it'll ship soon and I'll get it before Christmas or between Christmas and New Year's.

Third rough night, but morning temps weren't all that different...until they rose up to almost 38°C in the afternoon. Got some Paracetamol again, and wen to sleep at 8 PM, only to wake up at 8 AM after the first decent night in a while.
                Thanks, Paracetamol.

I spent Monday in bed checking temps, but I started a light coff, both nostrils clogged, roughish voice, ears like they were underwater, getting up to go to the toilet were....interesting experiences, wild cold/hot swings, lots and lots of sweating, tiredness out of nowhere.
                Woke up today a bit better, at least one nostril declogged, and I was able to get to the pharmacy to get a self-test...and shop for some groceries as I usually do the big shopping on Saturday. Self-test turned out positive, was able to meet with the doctor late this evening and he confirmed there's a viral infection on its way out, and got myself till Friday to get back on my feet.
                Already booked a proper test the 21st, before I would travel back home for Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                X