No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're rebranding lockdowns as "temporary household-only events", due to a recent focus group (who all got covid after being stuck in a room together for hours).

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      This site is where Boris gets his info from; that's why there's been no new lockdown!
      He wants to keep the borders down?

Comment

Apparently this variant was discovered before Omicron
        Last edited by teddymeow; 04-01-2022, 19:16.

Comment

Well the shop i work in Ireland seems to have got massively effected, a lot of our suppliers seemed to have got hit hard with several closing down completely for a while as so many have got Covid, so our stock is a lot less than normally, and many local businesses have also got hit with one place a restaurant all the staff have caught it so closed down

Comment

About half my team have it at work.

Comment

In a very unusual turn of events, the prefecture (county) I live in hit 128 cases today. That is the most it has ever been but they didn't come from the locals. All cases have been traced back to the US naval base in Iwakuni. Thankfully that city is at least 2 hours drive away from my city so we're still at zero cases. It just goes to show how fast this sh!t spreads though. Apparently it all started by 1 us marine who contracted it from overseas and brought it back with him when he returned to base and being on "US soil" he wasn't subjected to mandatory covid testing.
              Yeah, thanks America!

Comment

Alberta added 4869 new cases yesterday, from 12318 tests.
                But don't worry! Everything with be FINE for the kids to go back to school on Monday.

Comment

After 10 days isolation i still am testing positive this one is persistent, i can't get hold of any lateral flow tests even as a NHS worker so my boss told me to come in and sit in her office and wait for her to get into work and do a test and if i was positive she'd give me a lift back home. It was like some metal gear solid crap, sneaking around the creepy umbrella mansion i work in trying to avoid people and touching anything as i made my way to her office. She showed me how to work the system to get some tests sent to my home as i can't be allowed back in the lab till i'm negative as the risk is too great, thankfully i can test mum & make sure she is still negative as she is pretty high risk of complications.

Comment

We're gonna loose at least 4 members of staff by the end of March due to the vaccinations being mandatory for NHS workers.

Boss was complaining how this is also affecting the staff shortages not just to Covid infections. People are leaving the profession, leaving NHS or a being 'forced' to leave if they refuse to have the vaccine. It's troublesome as to takes around 10 weeks to train someone with no training to work as a novice dental nurse without having to babysit them. Obviously it takes time and resources to train newbies which is more difficult when you have to pull staff from doing their job to train others which I'll be potentially doing in the next few weeks.

Dental nurses have to have Hepatitis vaccines before they start working anyway so I can see why the boss is getting flustered.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                      We're gonna loose at least 4 members of staff by the end of March due to the vaccinations being mandatory for NHS workers.

Boss was complaining how this is also affecting the staff shortages not just to Covid infections. People are leaving the profession, leaving NHS or a being 'forced' to leave if they refuse to have the vaccine. It's troublesome as to takes around 10 weeks to train someone with no training to work as a novice dental nurse without having to babysit them. Obviously it takes time and resources to train newbies which is more difficult when you have to pull staff from doing their job to train others which I'll be potentially doing in the next few weeks.

Dental nurses have to have Hepatitis vaccines before they start working anyway so I can see why the boss is getting flustered.
                      Surely staff at a hospital should all be vaccinated as a common safety percussion to patients?

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        Surely staff at a hospital should all be vaccinated as a common safety percussion to patients?
                        If you basically have any contact with people in the NHS it's mandatory to be vaccinated, we all got emails about it in november that by december you have to at least had the first vaccine already done or an appointment made to have it done because they were going to check everyone that's employed by checking their vaccination records. If you are genuinely medically exempt you have to get an official document to cover you. If you are one of the antivax types then you need to have a meeting with HR to discuss your options which basically boils down to if you wanna be a typhoid mary and spread it to everyone then you can piss off & find another job. After 2 years of been stuck at ground zero having to do thousands of tests a day as well as keep everything running those types can piss off onto the dole, even with the extreme lengths i went to to avoid exposure risks i still ended up getting it and same for a lot of others in our lab.
                        Last edited by importaku; 09-01-2022, 17:04.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          . If you are one of the antivax types then you need to have a meeting with HR to discuss your options which basically boils down to if you wanna be a typhoid mary and spread it to everyone then you can piss off & find another job.
                          Indeed. These people are not helping the situation and should not be in a location where the sick need to be.

Comment

How can someone work for an employer whose sole reason for existence is to help people through the use of medicine and that same person also be anti medicine?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              How can someone work for an employer whose sole reason for existence is to help people through the use of medicine and that same person also be anti medicine?
                              Oh you'd be surprised, i work in microbiology & over the years we have had several despite them doing a job that deals with viruses & bacteria so they know fully well how vaccines & antibiotics work. So far we still have at least one person at work that i know of that refuses to get the vaccine as she believes it has too many risks to take, when the nhs sent out that message about having to get your vaccine status checked i knew she'd be targeted lol. The weird thing is that everyone needed to be vaccinated against loads of different stuff before you can even work there as we deal with some really nasty organisms so she must have already been vaccinated at least several times before she started working but i guess i will see just how strong her principles are if she gets sacked over refusing the covid jab.

Comment

Our place is looking at losing hundreds of staff in March due to anti-vax stance. It'll be hard but ultimately they can't care that much about the people they're looking after.

Comment

Working...
                                X