No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My area has been pretty good for abiding by common sense safety guidelines but this morning a bunch of kids were all out playing together and it's nuts because one of those kids has a parent who still has to go out to work so is in contact with more people than most right now and another kid lives with an elderly grandmother. Kind of weird now seeing people not be sensible. It's actually the first time since this began that I've seen first hand some people really not be smart about this.

Comment

What an arsehole.

Edit: Stanley Johnson, not Dogg. Lol

Comment

Harsh.

Comment

Dunno like, DT. If you end up cussing Return of the King...

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
            You ****in' wot, Stanley?! Your son gets ill and you think that is the catalyst the country needs to see how serious this situation is? Almost 1000 people dying a day is nothing but your floppy haired, windbag spawn contracting the disease is the tipping point?!!

GTFO!!
            "He nearly took one for the team," Spaffer Snr said. What a bell end. There isn't an iota of team sentiment in your execrable son, Stan. The idea he'd put himself on the line for anything other than his own personal gain is laughable.

Comment

There is a woman in the flat opposite who works late at the local hospital in some capacity, who also has a young guy lodger ( I say young, he might be our age but from the brief times we have met I’d say mid 20’s?). Last night we heard the building’s front door open and shut several times but next door’s front door more so (doors are very thin and when they unlock it almost sounds like they are trying to enter our flat) to the point we got up to check our door was still locked.

Opening our Kitchen window after cooking dinner confirmed the idiot was having a get together with at least + 2 other guys over for drinks as we could hear them. Feeling angry and worried this guy has brought in Unknown’s into the building and not only breaking self isolation/ social distancing rules but also potentially endangering all tenants and people that hospital worker is working with.

What can I do in this scenario? If I report/ say something I’m just a nosy meddling neighbour. If I don’t do anything I’m frustrated, angry and genuinely concerned about the risks. I’d like to leave a general note on the inside of the front door but they would probably guess it was me.
              Last edited by Blobcat; 11-04-2020, 22:03.

Comment

Cough next to them when they step out for a ciggie. Apologise, saying that you have the CV.

Comment

I'd report them. It's idiots like this who are making this situation worse.

Comment

If the walls are that thin, try playing audio clips of really bad coughing and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                      I'd report them. It's idiots like this who are making this situation worse.
                      The correct answer.

Comment

I will when I have proof if it happens again.

Seen some very ugly comments online about people arguing that it's not against the law to be outside/ basically arguing about what the police can and can't do in regards of stopping gatherings and such. Some claiming police brutality/ too much power given to the police, others up in arms saying a family having a picnic in a park were targeted because the mother was breastfeeding , I think they were asked to leave twice cause they were not excising but literally sat having a picnic in the park and ignoring safety advise.

Comment

New greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                            What can I do in this scenario? If I report/ say something I’m just a nosy meddling neighbour. If I don’t do anything I’m frustrated, angry and genuinely concerned about the risks. I’d like to leave a general note on the inside of the front door but they would probably guess it was me.
                            Apparently someone in the same set of flats where my brother still is (I’m currently lockdown with the missus and not going back there yet) had people over with their kids, he notified somebody and some policeman did turn up to speak to them (and probably issue fines) so they are taking things like seriously.
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Potentially being made to work in an emergency hub practice for 2 half days next week which is over a 40 minute drive away. Manager that called said she needed to confirm the rota as staff needed to be furloughed for at least 3 weeks to get that pay yet I'm only on my second week (if bank holidays don't count technically today I'm on day 5.

Not terribly happy about it but will have to do it if I must, as long as they confirm pay is sorted I'll have to go along. My guess is they will have to wait another week.

Comment

AAaaaand i'm back to work on standby as of tomorrow on full pay, rota for next week to follow. Great.

Comment

Working...
                                X