No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And this is why the UK is over run with the Corona virus. People are ****ing dumb!
    Last edited by Brad; 18-04-2020, 15:33.

Comment

I find the whole clapping for the NHS cringey as **** especially now that people are trying to make it a regular thing, as a one off i didn't mind but now it's almost starting to feel like the USA & their flags. Give it a few more months and there will probably be one for the NHS lol.

Comment

NHS - NO HAND SLAP!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
          NHS - NO HAND SLAP!
          *Slugs zaki in the gut*

Comment

That's OK, but if you are on your own in a park and dare to sit down youre in a world of ****.

Comment

Saw a couple in the local park taking their daily excercise...by practising MMA in a bunker on the mini golf course! I thought it was a genuine punch up until I got closer and could see the padded gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                That's OK, but if you are on your own in a park and dare to sit down youre in a world of ****.
                Obviously.

Riot squad should of just shoved them all off the bridge and done the rest of us a favour.
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 17-04-2020, 21:16.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                  I find the whole clapping for the NHS cringey as **** especially now that people are trying to make it a regular thing, as a one off i didn't mind but now it's almost starting to feel like the USA & their flags. Give it a few more months and there will probably be one for the NHS lol.
                  I try not to be too cynical and tell myself it's a nice thing, but the NHS has been hugely under-resourced for years and it seems like this has now been romanticised into a scenario where we cheer these brave soldiers going to war, forgetting that it's not a war and they shouldn't have to be working insanely long shifts without the proper equipment or support.

I know two people who are nurses and have heard of stories about how stretched they are long before this crisis. Neither of them seem especially taken aback by people ferociously banging their pans each Thursday, but certainly one of them has been quite vocal about how she'd like people to support her pay-rise.

Comment

If this link is correct, I've had it for a couple of weeks. https://www.newsweek.com/diarrhea-co...-study-1495667 loose yellow motions and need to get to the loo fast

Comment

In the last few days I've realosed that this is whole situation is turning me into an awful human being
                      I see the daily death tolls & it barely even registers anymore, I just go "oh ok" & then go back to wallowing in the misery of wondering when we'll all be let out of lockdown & can carry on like normal.

I fell myself doing it but just can't seem to muster a response to it at all anymore.

Neil

Comment

Maybe what you think is happening is not what you think is happening, Neil. If I remember correctly, early on you lamented the lockdown and loss of normality so that part might not be new at all. And yet your words imply that you're feeling bad about not having enough of a response to the hardship and death that some are going through... which in itself is a response. It is in itself an acknowledgement of those feelings. I could be reaching here and, yeah, I'm reading between the lines rather than taking your words at face value so I could be totally wrong but maybe it's not turning you into an awful human being and, instead, you're feeling that human cost but it's manifesting in other ways. Anyway, even if I'm wrong your words do acknowledge the situation so you can make active choices after that.

Comment

You kind of have to adapt as if you don’t it will eat away at your mental health while helping others in this crisis is a good thing you also have to be a little selfish too. As sad as it is we can’t save everyone, as horrible as it sounds you take care of yourself and your family first everyone else has to do the same as heartless as it sounds, it doesn’t mean I wouldn’t help anyone but it’s a fend for yourself first kind of situation.

Comment

I’m still baffled why people find it hard to stay in their own homes. This country is obsessed with home ownership and keeping up with the Joneses, and yet when people are told to stay in them, they can’t do it. Must be some real sad cases who only live for work, have zero hobbies are unable to amuse themselves at all.

Comment

Yeah, I struggle with that too, admittedly. I struggle even with the idea that some people seem unwilling to accept what ultimately aren't terrible changes to their lives in order to keep themselves and others safe. A lot of us live pretty great lives, all things considered. Even being made to stay at home, we get to live pretty great lives in the big scheme of the world. We want a lot of stuff but we don't actually need a huge amount.

To be clear, I don't mean to dismiss the worry especially when people are losing work. I'm on a financial countdown so I get that anxiety. I'm talking more about people feeling they need to go out shopping several times a week when they want their favourite relish or wanting to go to their favourite park for no other reason than it's where they usually go. Or worse, just because they are being stubborn and take a "they can't tell us what to do" approach.

Comment

I have found it somewhat amusing that people, like the guys I work with for example, who rarely go out socially, have no hobbies and don’t exercise and seem to spend all their spare time watching box sets and sport on TV while drinking are now desperate to get out of the house.

I’ve never seen so many people out walking round my way. And there’s a lot of families on very shiny bikes too. I just hope people keep it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X