No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Far more likely that the lungs are so damaged from the toxins that the virus is unable to infect due to no viable healthy tissue - note the article says some "substance in tobacco", what it doesn't say is nicotine prevents Covid-19.

I'm not going to be slapping on nicotine patches as some are suggesting doing (someone on my conference call this morning said they'd bought some to wear) as a preventative measure just incase, because do you really want to become addicted to nicotine and risk heart rhythm problems (potential nicotine side effect) via a patch simply on a premise it might help?

Worth pointing out that it was a French study that also claimed 100% success rate with hydroxychloroquine which turned out to be a load of waffles https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/19/fr.../?guccounter=1

The fact is the doctors are throwing everything at the wall just to find out what sticks - best wait until we know what actually works rather than spinning a roulette wheel and taking a gamble, unless it's really the last chance saloon to avoid the worst outcome.
    Last edited by MartyG; 23-04-2020, 10:35.

Comment

Now that I'm working from home I'm vaping so much I must be practically inoculated at this point.

Comment

Yeah, I should probably have added that it was posted for amusement factor only.

@wakka gets it! (I'm hoping my chronic doobie habit will serve me well haha!)

Comment

Paypal Credit are offering account holders the option to apply for a Payment Holiday where for 3 months you don't need to make payments to your account and they won't charge you interest. It also doesn't freeze your ability to buy using your account or your credit rating, nice to see one credit lender actually do something nice. Just one click too, no questions and granted within a few days

Comment

Probably have it now, having to self isolate for two weeks. Knew it would come eventually as working at a shop/petrol station i feel it was inevitable

Comment

Yikes. Hope you’re okay and it passes quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                Yikes. Hope you’re okay and it passes quickly.
                Cheers, dunno what its like where you are (dublin is it?) But in cavan near the northern ireland border noticed things been getting busier at the shop (One of the local Quinns group are still working away) and things were getting a lot more complacent was driving though Cavan on sunday and the sheer amount of people there just blew my mind as nothing was open)

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                  Cheers, dunno what its like where you are (dublin is it?) But in cavan near the northern ireland border noticed things been getting busier at the shop (One of the local Quinns group are still working away) and things were getting a lot more complacent was driving though Cavan on sunday and the sheer amount of people there just blew my mind as nothing was open)
                  Yeah, I’m in Dublin. I haven’t been going far so I’m really only seeing the area around me but people here are generally pretty good. Lots of people going out for walks but keeping their distance. A few shops early on seemed a bit chaotic but one close shop has been brilliant so I haven’t gone anywhere else for weeks. So what I’m seeing seems good but admittedly I’m not going far to see what else is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    Now that I'm working from home I'm vaping so much I must be practically inoculated at this point.
                    Because if your lungs are already damaged, what can the virus do??

Comment

That’s interesting. I was only reading the other day about a theatre actor who was going to lose a leg due to a blood clot that was reported as a consequence of covid. It was the first I had heard of blood clots being a thing that could happen. That’s nasty.
                      I have heard of a decap being attributed to Covid. His head just fell off as the guillotine sliced the neck but the virus JUST got him before the jugular was severed.

DVT is very, VERY common. VERY. I mean, like when I was working in A&E we'd get like 10-15 suspected a day. Every time they'd need an ultrasound and 90% of the time they'd wanna walk. About a third I'd take back would have to go back to CDU in a wheelchair because they had confirmed DVT. Every day I'd get 'em. It's very common these days given our diets and HABITS. Lots of fat folk who sit on couches and eat biscuits out there. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Let's not get hysterical here. Serious. Are headcrabs the next symptom of Covid???!

I'm your guinea pig, if I die I'll let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                        Lots of fat folk who sit on couches and eat biscuits out there. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Let's not get hysterical here. Serious. Are headcrabs the next symptom of Covid???!
                        What part of my post are you interpreting as hysterical, JF? Or that this actor is fat and sedentary (hint - he’s not and, as you would know, active fit people can get DVT too)?

Comment

Think I'm able to downgrade my vote to DEFCOM 2 again as those with it seem to be pretty much past it now.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                            Probably have it now, having to self isolate for two weeks. Knew it would come eventually as working at a shop/petrol station i feel it was inevitable
                            **** man, I hope you are wrong and it's just something like a cold.

Comment

What part of my post are you interpreting as hysterical, JF? Or that this actor is fat and sedentary (hint - he’s not and, as you would know, active fit people can get DVT too)?
                              There's no hysteria: actual doctors consider the risk of thrombosis in COVID-19 significant enough to be trialling potentially dangerous blood thinners in patients who already have it.
                              Last edited by endo; 24-04-2020, 10:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                **** man, I hope you are wrong and it's just something like a cold.

Nope likely it , burning up last night and now my lungs feels bad like smoked a load of cigarettes and doing much makes me out of breathe. Will not know 100 percent unless i get tested but would not do that unless my symptoms got worse

Comment

Working...
                                X