CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    Faint but still a positive test today. The next two days are isolation days 9 and 10 meaning it's pointless testing any further to go back early as that option is now gone.
    Need to do my one later today, hoping it's clear now, can't deal with being stuck at home working...wife is on annual leave now as well so it's got a thousand times worse being stuck here

Neil

Comment

My wife currently has covid. I haven't got it yet and neither have my kids but I had a small surgical procedure last week (nothing serious) and I'm due to get my stitches out tomorrow. No idea what happens if I get covid. Can you just leave stitches in indefinitely?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        My wife currently has covid. I haven't got it yet and neither have my kids but I had a small surgical procedure last week (nothing serious) and I'm due to get my stitches out tomorrow. No idea what happens if I get covid. Can you just leave stitches in indefinitely?
        Hope all ok buddy?

Depends on the type I think
        Some are dissolvable so will eventually just go away but if they have booked you in to have them removed then would assume they aren't that type & will actually need removing, could go funny & cause an infection if left in
        I'd test today if you have any LFT & then if negative just go like you are supposed to

Neil

Comment

Yep, these are the ones that don't dissolve. They need to be removed.

Comment

Ah poo

Surprised they are using them at the minute to be fair what with the current situation you'd think they would move this kind of thing to dissolve ones just to be extra safe but then I guess it really depends on the type of procedure anyway

Sorry it's not an easy one

Neil

Comment

Take them out yourself. If they are ready, it's not difficult. Just uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                Take them out yourself. If they are ready, it's not difficult. Just uncomfortable.
                Yeah, I was wondering if that was an option.

Comment

Youtube guides

Comment

Woke up. Felt rough. Got covid. Damn!

In response to Charles’ remove your own stitches suggestion I was looking for a dremel yesterday and the first review on Amazon is titled “home dentistry”. The body of the review is what you might expect!

Comment

Yeah we get most patients come in saying how they hate the dentist or how they are scared of the dentist.

I am scared of the patients that are so scared of the dentist they are more comfortable about pulling out their own (adult) teeth with pliers than get it done at the dentist. It happens more times than you think. First year of nursing we had an incredibly anxious lady who had pulled 3 of her own teeth out before her husband insisted she went to the dentist as she had a host of problems which included removing 2 teeth. Note she may have pulled out teeth that was referred pain from a different tooth.

That **** scares me that people in pain and anxiety would do that to themselves

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                        Yeah we get most patients come in saying how they hate the dentist or how they are scared of the dentist.

I am scared of the patients that are so scared of the dentist they are more comfortable about pulling out their own (adult) teeth with pliers than get it done at the dentist. It happens more times than you think. First year of nursing we had an incredibly anxious lady who had pulled 3 of her own teeth out before her husband insisted she went to the dentist as she had a host of problems which included removing 2 teeth. Note she may have pulled out teeth that was referred pain from a different tooth.

That **** scares me that people in pain and anxiety would do that to themselves
                        Much of that is down to not having affordable, universal dental care in this country. That fear will be down to the cost incurred from getting dental care, particularly if the limited NHS dentistry isn’t available locally.

Comment

I still do not have covid and managed to get my stitches out today. Phew. It’s all over my workplace though. I have been remote mostly so I’m not in that covid pit but it’s just everywhere now.

Comment

Well I'm all groovy & back in the office now
                            Glad all clear but even more glad that I had a light dose of it & got away squeaky clean

Neil

Comment

Happy days. I never tested positive in the end but was a rough week. Makes me nervous over the real thing. But hey ho, Covid is over and if I die, well apparently it doesn't matter.

Comment

Reading the last couple of pages on here has put me generally at ease. In the same boat as others where I hadn't caught it since the first round back in early 2020 and only tested positive on Sunday after a workmate I was out with on Friday night advised he had done a test after feeling awry in the early hours of Sunday and received a positive result.

The test I did today was also positive. I'm hopeful I will get a negative test soon as apart from an occasional cough that isn't causing any pain and maybe a little tiredness I'm not getting any of the more severe symptoms that I had on day one and a little bit of day two. Just waiting on the test strip to show the required result when I next do one.
                                Last edited by Paddy; 31-03-2022, 23:24.

Comment

Working...
                                X