No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Demark plans to kill, ALL its mink, the entire population of 17m animals because a mutated strain has been passed onto, get this, 12 people.

This is whats wrong with the world. 12 humans get infected and an entire countrys population of a species needs to die.

Ive just had enough of it all now to be honest.

Comment

Am I understanding that story correctly when I take it that these mink are all in fur farms where, if not killed now, they will live on for a brief period and then skinned? With that story and the whole bat origin story and the suspected causes of many other pandemics, it’s almost like how we treat animals generally isn’t doing us any favours.

Comment

Sounds like their saleability has tanked and the livestock owners just want to clear out stock rather than have to maintain them

Comment

There was talk in late Sept that, post Brexit, fur imports could be banned in the UK (with a few exceptions...vintage, religious etc). Given we have already banned fur farms it would effectively kill the sale of furs here. It seemed more fluff than substance (Twat Goldsmith idea), and I haven't seen anything since, but fingers crossed.

Although it would reduce the opportunities for 'mutton dressed as lamb' amusement.

Comment

I've been invited to be part of a Covid-19 vaccine trial in my local authority (or at least, be considered to be part of it if I'm reading the text from NHS right - don't think if you sign up you're actually going to be part of the trial).

Unsure whether to sign-up to it or not, I'd say 70:30 towards doing so.

Comment

If I wasn't working for the NHS and single I would take part. If they would allow me to take leave for it I would consider it but that's very unlikely to happen now that work is manic atm (loads of staff have left, we have more new/ unqualified/ inexperienced nurses in than regular staff in than ever).

I've had several letters from my GP/ the NHS in the last 2 months to come in sometime for more (non covid) routine tests and to get a flu vaccine as 'I am more vulnerable with my condition' which I have never heard or had mention before. First time I have ever heard I should 'need' to have the flu vaccine, I strongly suspect they are pushing NHS workers to have them this year to avoid any chance of absences except Covid. Never had it before despite working in Health and Social care for over 10 years now. Maybe not the best time for me to go on a vaccine trial.

Comment

Sorry for the double post

Woke up to a small crappy cough this morning. Probably nothing but carried on thoughout my drive to work. That conbined with me feeling very lethargic and falling asleep during the day in the weekend made me concerned enough to call work from my car and ask their advise if I should come in. They said no stay away and get a test so I'm at home and just booked a drive-in test for this afternoon.

Unfortunately my MOT runs out tomorrow and I am due for a test. I'm hoping the covid test will come back quickly and I can still make it tomorrow if clear otherwise I'm gonna have to sign the car off the road until it can be done which I have never had to do before. This suck.s

Comment

Well in my trust they're already taking people on to give out the vaccine, meant to be at the start of January for the full roll out. I have no issues having it myself, just like with the Flu Jab

Comment

[MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION] there was a good YouTube video showing how almost all the global pandemics can be traced to interaction with animals

Comment

My wife's Hospital had a notification go round saying they are at critical levels now. During the last wave they had 110 confirmed cases with 12 in ICU. Now they have 160 covid cases with 18 in ICU. This is without the winter wave of flu and homeless people.

Comment

I've just commented in the America thread, but the military guy just giving the briefing about the testing kits in Liverpool was worse than Biden.

He picked up the testing kit as if he's never seen it before, then giving off the instructions whilst looking down at his notes,

'This is a swab test'
                        -looks down-
                        'you'll be in an enclosed booth'
                        -looks down-
                        'all covid controls will be in place'
                        -looks down'
                        'you put the swab in your mouth and then in your nose'
                        -looks down-
                        'then give it back to the soldier to complete the test'

...and so on it goes, I give big presentations at work and also at events, I would never ever go into a meeting or conference call without any sort of prep.

What a joke.

Comment

They just chose the one of many military guys who may not be public speakers.

The guys at the drive-thru testing place were great, my only criticism is they need to put up a massive sign next to the wrong car park that the GPS takes you to stating its around the corner as its only when you drive a few feet past that entrance you can see the white tents.

I reatched loads more than I expected swabbing my tonsils in the car. All very straight forward and apart from me nearly throwing up several times in the car it was simple enough to do and I didn't mess things up with snapping the end of the swab in the vial of liquid like I guessed I would. Volunteers advised going back and forth from the parked cars scanning in our qr codes and confirming we could seal our bags if all looked good. Then getting scanned again with a lady plucking the bags out of the cracked open window with a litter picker and dumping it into a big plastic waste bin with the rest.

Day 2 of self isolation, I feel fine with barely a cough and just feeling sleepy but thats probably cause I know I can't go out and it's cold and my bed is calling me. I can't go to sleep though as work is expecting me to return asap when I'm given the all clear and as the testing registry knows where I work they will probably find out when I do. Just hoping its at the end of the day now rather than the start, my car's MOT has now expired so I can't use it to get to work unless I'm dropping it off for the test (the garage said they will try and fit me in when I can which is nice of them, wish they did that when I was desparate 2 weeks ago).

Comment

The girlfriend tested positive so 2 weeks self isolation for us. She is currently in bed, feeling very lethargic. No breathing issues thankfully. She has lost her sense of taste and smell though. I know having "time off work" sounds great, but with a 2 year old and a 1 year old who is just getting into the joy of walking...this is gonna be a challenge!

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                              The girlfriend tested positive so 2 weeks self isolation for us. She is currently in bed, feeling very lethargic. No breathing issues thankfully. She has lost her sense of taste and smell though. I know having "time off work" sounds great, but with a 2 year old and a 1 year old who is just getting into the joy of walking...this is gonna be a challenge!
                              THIS!

Comment

What....as in snap?

Comment

Working...
                                X