• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Nope that’s purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Yeah, I think we need to be careful about pulling percentages from some random orifice. The bottom line is that the creators and testers of the vaccines have outlined how to give it and they are the ones with the information. And even then, it is limited information. But it is information. And they are not recommending holding off on that second dose.
      Again, as with my previous comments, these suggestion about single dosing and applying the second 'booster' later comes from virology experts and is not something made up just to contradict the musing of some of the others here.

But of course nobody knows until you adopt or at least trial a strategy like this on a wide enough scale whether it is better ie. saves more lives, one way or the other. Time will tell I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
        But of course nobody knows until you adopt or at least trial a strategy like this on a wide enough scale whether it is better ie. saves more lives, one way or the other. Time will tell I guess.
        Such as at the stage when you're trialing a vaccine before certifying it? That's a good plan. Like measuring twice and cutting once.

There is not concensus amoungst experts on this, there are concerns that delaying a booster shot where the single dose is only partially effective could lead to strain mutations that cause virus resistence (as published in the BMJ).

It may not be an issue, increasing the gap may not be an issue, but they haven't measured twice - I think I'd prefer to err on the side of caution and go with a rollout that's actually been shown to work.
        Last edited by MartyG; 06-01-2021, 16:37.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          Such as at the stage when you're trialing a vaccine before certifying it? That's a good plan. Like measuring twice and cutting once.

There is not concensus amoungst experts on this, there are concerns that delaying a booster shot where the single dose is only partially effective could lead to strain mutations that cause virus resistence (as published in the BMJ).

It may not be an issue, increasing the gap may not be an issue, but they haven't measured twice - I think I'd prefer to err on the side of caution and go with a rollout that's actually been shown to work.
          This is what I don't get with the logic from Bojo & Co... Why risk going on an untested route? The last thing you want to be doing after a year of lockdowns and a new strain emerging is weighing up untested options and theories.

I get the feeling the government thinks it knows better on this one but a quick scan over previous decisions this past 12 months would make me think it's just more of the same stupid nonsense. They really are fecking Muppets.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
            This is what I don't get with the logic from Bojo & Co...They really are fecking Muppets.
            The Muppetry is brazen and never-ending. Check this clip of Hancock today, being quizzed by one of his own MPs on the asinine bureaucracy getting in the way of vaccinations: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-55560147

Hancock responds by laughing at the idiocy of the bureaucracy he himself has just set up, declaring that he swept much of it away this very morning, and then claiming credit for being a great warrior against idiotic bureaucracy (his own, in case we forget).

Comment

Mum & Dad had their first jab this evening
              Slot was booked for 6.30 but they didn't get in & seen until 8.20
              The queue to be done was ludicrous & went all round the car park in loops
              Our vaccine centre is a place called the George Herd Centre which is a community centre & it's done in small cubicles in what is normally the dinning room

They apparently had the Pfizer vaccine & have their card for their booster jab which is in March

Mum said it was entirely painless & no issues
              Dad has a small mark but nothing else

Seems to have been ok apart from the complete mess of queuing in the cold in a car park while waiting to get the jab

Neil

Comment

It's because the vaccine is potentially labelled as a controlled substance, which only a nurse practitioner (not a regular nurse) is authorised and prescribed to be able to administer. There's usually only one or two per GP practice. This is the "bottleneck" currently. In time and more people needing it, it will hopefully be rolled down to less senior medical staff able to administer it.
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by saif View Post
                  Pfizer are not saying how long the vaccination will last for. What if it takes a year to jab everyone and then everyone becomes vulnerable again just a little later?
                  My understanding is this is a very real posibility. No-one knows yet how long the immunity will last for, it could be a few years, it could be a few months. It's quite possible there will need to be more rounds of vaccinations.

Comment

You just need to keep your body temperature at minus 70 degrees at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                      You just need to keep your body temperature at minus 70 degrees at all times.
                      Should be pretty achievable soon, seeing that the mop haired *** seems content to see you all die anyway

Comment

It was confirmed late yesterday that Dental staff are gonna receive priority access to getting a vaccine so looks like I might get mine sooner rather than later. Had a fun 28 minutes waiting to get through to my GP surgery to get my NHS number so one of my managers can register all staff in line to get it as we were asked this afternoon to confirm our numbers and date of birth.

Gotta give credit it was probably Conservative MP Craig Whittaker questioning Boris about it this week that helped. Boris confirmed we would get the vaccine at some point but not answering if we were getting priority access like other health care providers.
                        Last edited by Blobcat; 09-01-2021, 07:41.

Comment

Overall summary of the respiratory viruses in circulation within the UK

Another day, another new UK record number of cases - 68,053

The number of deaths within 28 days riding at 1,325

Hospitalisations also shooting up to 3,867

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
                            Another day, another new UK record number of cases - 68,053
                            This is higher today because there is a significant increase in test numbers - positive test dropped from the highs of 15% earlier in the week to 11% in this instance, even though the numbers themselves have increased.

Also, saw this earlier, not something I'd considered some grifter might do, but clearly there's no level to which some people are prepared to sink: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-covid-vaccine
                            Last edited by MartyG; 10-01-2021, 11:07.

Comment

Lockdown 3.5? Hancock doesn't rule out tightening the screws on the current lockdown further

Whilst Starmar says he accepts EU Free Movement is gone and won't pursue it down the line

Comment

I think we all knew free movement was done for if Brexit went ahead, regardless of what he's said in the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X