• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

Edit: Full details (and clearer charts) here
    https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...ng1january2021

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

Open image in new tab for a bigger version, but even without 3D specs, you can tell that April spike is terrible.

Comment

I think banning the ingestion of food should be the next step, I'm pretty sure that the percentage of choking accidents will drop in one fell swoop.

Intravenous all the way for me, I don't wanna choke on no hunks of food, I'll only be happy when that IV is filling my veins with good, safe, non-chewable nutrients!!!

It won't be the new normal...it'll be the new better.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
          I think banning the ingestion of food should be the next step, I'm pretty sure that the percentage of choking accidents will drop in one fell swoop.

Intravenous all the way for me, I don't wanna choke on no hunks of food, I'll only be happy when that IV is filling my veins with good, safe, non-chewable nutrients!!!

It won't be the new normal...it'll be the new better.
          I'm going to miss a good Steak

Comment

^me too. Just passed a shut Miller & Carter in town, today. My gut ached for the ribeye.

Still, bug-burgers won't be too far away so let's not give up hope, eh?!

Comment

Overall summary of the respiratory viruses in circulation within the UK

Cases seem to be levelling off, testing has dropped from being 600,000+ per day but in either case it seems to be starting to halt the rise.

Comment

Started my training/ online reading marathon to volunteer administering the vaccination at the GP surgery down the road from where I work. Initially they advertised wanted people to help with just letting people in and fill forms but clinical staff were asked by HR last night to volunteer and found out today its to actually to inject people!

Still happy to go ahead if I pass the assessments and such, every little helps even if it does eat into my weekend.

Comment

So far English COVID rules have been changed 64 times since the pandemic began

ULTRA 64!!

Comment

All the media bangs on about is harsh fines and stricter rules. Yeah, the traffic jams I am in when picking the kids up from nursery shows that people arent falling for it.

Google trends data shows that are moving around twice as much as lockdown 1. https://www.bbc.com/news/55626008

Here in Wales, non essential items are once again taped up in supermarkets to prevent people from having small joy of browsing for books and photo frames.

Comment

Yeah the traffic is still as bad as it is most of the year except most of the school run traffic is gone.

As [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] mentioned, the few times I get to venture outside during the day when its not first thing in the morning or at night going too and from work, the sea front is buzzing with LOADS of walkers, baby buggys and kids on their bikes. Its constantly busy to a medium degree, not summer levels but enough people out you would never think people were being told to stay indoors. I only walked by the beach maybe 8 times last year, mostly at night.

Comment

It's crazy. Also not that hard to enforce if people really cared. The police will likely just tell you to go home, whereas I just read a story where a couple breaking curfew laws in Canada were fined £800 EACH for walking down the street. As a couple. That is a great deterrant, not that I would want that here but a dozen of those bad boys and your beach would be empty.

Comment

Is anyone getting more roadworks in their area?

Thought Hunslet Road was dying down with the roadworks and then I get the bus to town yesterday and there's now MORE roadworks than there were this time last April.

They must be terraforming the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
                            Cases seem to be levelling off, testing has dropped from being 600,000+ per day but in either case it seems to be starting to halt the rise.
                            Am I right in thinking that lower testing is probably a good sign?
                            I mean if less people are being tested it means less people are showing symptoms & therefore should be less cases or have I got that wrong?

In other Vaccine news Katie is booked for her first jab on Friday @ 5pm

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                              I mean if less people are being tested it means less people are showing symptoms & therefore should be less cases or have I got that wrong?

Neil
                              That was trumps reasoning we are only having a high number of cases because we test more stop testing cases go away

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                                No - it just means it was the weekend and capacity was lower, the important bit is percentage of positive tests, not the overall number of tests.

Last 14 days of percentage of positive tests (oldest at top)

14.51%
                                13.29%
                                12.67%
                                13.73%
                                13.08%
                                13.71%
                                13.11%
                                12.50%
                                9.44%
                                10.98%
                                9.67%
                                8.86%
                                9.50%
                                8.48%

So it is starting to trend downwards, which you would hope you'd start seeing with another lockdown.

Comment

Working...
                                X