No announcement yet.

United Kingdom VI: Summer Lovin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know tbh, but given the track record of this goverment and its propensity to obscure and obsfucate, I'd go with the former.

Meanwhile the reported deaths has jumped to 30 today with 2,420 new cases.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
      Genuine questions...are people on ventilators / those seriously ill, only tested once, so if they do stay alive for over 28 days from that test and then pass away on day 29+, they would not be counted?

Or are people on ventilators / those seriously ill continually tested, be that a standard covid test, or other sort of medical / treatment related test that confirms the presence of Covid and refreshes the 28 day period?
      Yes and no, in order. The death is only recorded against the first positive test, so regardless of whether they recover and then die, or die from COVID after 28 days, it's not recorded.
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ernational-law
        Government admits the new bill will break international law
        Even Theresa May asked "how can the government reassure future international partners the UK can be trusted to abide by legal obligations it signs?"

Comment

The US has said if the government renegs on the deal then a US/UK deal is off.

‘I can’t believe that any side would be acting in such a cavalier way when we're talking about a fragile peace in the North of Ireland’

Comment

Thanks!

Actually, I should have looked myself

The official blog of the UK Health Security Agency, providing expert insight on the organisation's work and all aspects of health security

Interestingly there is a fuller figure that covers

"the number of deaths that occur within 60 days of a first positive test. Deaths that occur after 60 days will also be added to this figure if COVID-19 appears on the death certificate."

but I guess the 28 day figure makes for better headlines.

Comment

The dashboard figures (the ones they report on the news) are only the 28 day figures.

Comment

Sure. ONS for the longer figure. Gets even scarier when considering deaths above average.

Comment

Apparently today's new cases omit the Northern Ireland figures so its lower but even narrower than it already seemed

Comment

Forum members outside the UK may find this website useful for keeping track of Brexit and other issues: http://arethebritsatitagain.com/

Comment

The Government has announced new emergency measures to combat the rise in COVID cases:

01 - From Monday a maximum of six in a social gathering of two groups will be allowed to aid the police who aren't implementing these checks to more easily identify rule breakers if they were in fact looking for them

02 - Children will also be barred from meeting together in groups of more than six at a time in a new update of the rules sure to capitalise on the natural behaviour of children who never socially interact with dozens of others per day in school and also never see groups of different friends at different times of the same day or concurrent day given how naturally unsociable the youth are.

The exemptions that everyone and the police will be required to ignore the above on are:

01 - When a household has more than six people

02 - When a support bubble between homes totals more than six people

03 - Work and education settings

04 - Weddings, funerals, organised team sports

New guidance will also be put into law, strengthening the powers of the police to administer action on all of the rule breakers they aren't checking for.

I found the link very informative, it was enlightening to discover that apparently national rules are still in place (!). I'm sure that this will all make a huge difference and by next Thursday the daily figures will be practically nil.

Comment

The rules are an absolute confused mess - how can they say with a straight face that meeting in your house with more than 6 people is bad, meeting in the office with more than 6 is good and expect people to go along with it.

And let's not even go into the Brexit stuff where they're only breaking international law on the Withdrawal Agreement "a little bit" - apparently if you only park half your car on double yellows, that's completely fine now.

Comment

This is what happens when the people that write the law have no respect for the law themselves. To them, the activities they did in the Bullingdon Club (sexual harassment, rape, vandalism) was just a bit of male fun.

Comment

Still waiting to see the specifics of the wedding rules.

Comment

Collective, hysterical madness.

Future generations are just going to laugh at us.

Comment

Haha, so true, so deserved!

Anyway, a decent enough non-partisan article from the BBC on the rise in cases. Some sense of proportion I suppose, but take it as you will.

Extra testing targeting areas with high infection rates and changes to eligibility are both factors.

Comment

Working...
                                X