Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
    Sorry for double post but I couldn't let this go unchallenged:-

More prejudiced insults, portraying a picture you've invented entirely in your own mind because it easier to condemn someone who you disagree with rather than accept they might hold some valid views.

Never admitting there's the possibility you might be wrong is a sign of immaturity; I've said all along my views are speculative but they've been expressed with entirely good intentions in mind.

Clearly that has been misunderstood by some here.
    You never answered my question before. If 900,000 deaths isn't historically that many, how many deaths do you think is enough?

Comment

Also there is no sign of good intentions. What there is, instead, has come across as essentially moaning about the most minor of inconveniences, all things considered, in order to keep people safe and then desperate attempts to find or create a narrative that can justify not accepting those minor inconveniences. Whether there really are good intentions buried somewhere in there, what is coming across is a blind childish selfishness by attempting to discredit an actual real world crisis. It’s a dangerous denial of reality for no other reason than an unwillingness to make the slightest changes. If there are any good intentions there, once again I could only suggest having a think about why those intentions aren’t coming through and why the reaction is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
        Are you getting your flu shot @fallenangle?
        No. I have an off-message opinion on that matter, who'd have guessed? But it is based, again, on bitter personal experience combined with some additional, I think well reasoned, speculation.

But I'm not going to bother running that up the flagpole here because it'll be like a waving a dirty red Covid rag, sorry: health protecting mask, at a bull and risk putting some others here into total meltdown. I'm a caring person and don't want to do that.

More bewilderingly unpleasant character assassination just added too I see, it just gets better and better.
        Last edited by fallenangle; 13-09-2020, 15:02.

Comment

Overall summary of the respiratory viruses in circulation within the UK

Sunday figure is 3,330 meaning the baseline seems to be set now for next week. 4,500 next week?

Comment

No.
            You should start considering it at your age.

...unless you think Bill Gates is trying to put aluminium into your body to track you?

Comment

Although I disagree with fallenangle, seeing a pile on makes me uncomfortable. Despite the risks I think people will always hold different views and it's better to maybe understand why.

Even so I'm seeing protests near me where they seem to imply the current restrictions are a form of control and linking it to 5g and anything else they can.

I see some people say the virus is not as deadly as portrayed although personally I know of people hospitalised by it.

The opposition to masks I do not get at all, and better usage and hygiene should be advertised more often.

Comment

People that think that Covid and 5G are linked should be pushed off the edge of the Earth which, I assume, they believe is flat.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  People that think that Covid and 5G are linked should be pushed off the edge of the Earth which, I assume, they believe is flat.
                  I try not to blame them; they're just easily taken in. They've been scammed. It's why Facebook's executives are so rich.

Comment

I'm all for different opinions and challenging the rules this BS government is pushing out. But when someone says 900,000 deaths isn't historically significant, I'm forced to question them.

Comment

Anyone up for making conspiracies that work the other way?

edit: breaking news - sources confirm the use of reverse psychology and Darwinian evolution and eugenics on the public so that the most obstinate refuse to wear masks, catch Covid-19 and either die or forever suffer the effects, effectively removing them from the gene pool.
                      Last edited by kryss; 13-09-2020, 19:55.

Comment

Not even making this up - my missus mum thinks that in November COVID will be gone due to an international event that will occur as the culmination of a year long global conspiracy, the event that will remove COVID is called the Awakening.

Comment

You should start considering it at your age.

...unless you think Bill Gates is trying to put aluminium into your body to track you?
                          Pointless, I'm protecting myself with regular injections of disinfectant and bathing in water drawn from a well by virgins blessed by priests.

I've been told by experts in such matters that it works and as I haven't had 'flu since 2010 it is must be true.

I'm all for different opinions and challenging the rules this BS government is pushing out. But when someone says 900,000 deaths isn't historically significant, I'm forced to question them.
                          Who said that? It sounds a bit like Stalin's alleged quote: "One man dies of.....it is a tragedy. If a million die it is just a statistic". You'd have to be cold-hearted beast to say that let alone think it but a bit of plonker to accuse somebody of the same when it is not what they said or think.
                          Last edited by fallenangle; 14-09-2020, 00:57.

Comment

Pointless, I'm protecting myself with regular injections of disinfectant and bathing in water drawn from a well by virgins blessed by priests.

I've been told by experts in such matters that it works and as I haven't had 'flu since 2010 it is must be true.

Who said that? It sounds a bit like Stalin's alleged quote: "One man dies of.....it is a tragedy. If a million die it is just a statistic". You'd have to be cold-hearted beast to say that let alone think it but a bit of plonker to accuse somebody of the same when it is not what they said or think.
                            You said: 'Of course not but get those deaths into perspective, historical perspective in particular.' Suggesting that 900,000 isn't historically that many. When I asked (twice now) how many you think would be historically enough, you've failed to answer.
                            I'll ask for a third time, How many do you think is historically enough?

Comment

Anyone up for making conspiracies that work the other way?
                              The problem with trying to counter conspiracy theories is that every counterpoint argument is seen as part of the conspiracy - the very nature of a conspiracy theory means they're rooted in the belief that secretive, powerful groups are conspiring to deceive the rest of the world. So it doesn't matter how many facts you present, that along with people needing to let go of strongly held beliefs and admit that they were wrong is very hard to do, even when the facts are undeniable.

The November Awakening?

Edit - having searched for that, it's not turning up much in the way of results - conspiracy thoery: Google is hiding the truth.
                              Last edited by MartyG; 14-09-2020, 07:36.

Comment

Rule of Six comes into effect which means you can't meet in groups of six except for when you can and this means inside and outside no matter where you are except for some places and nations of the UK where it doesn't mean that it means a different sub-rule set of rule of six. Clear as always Boris!

86% of 8,000 asked Doctors and senior medical staff say a UK Second Wave is now inevitable within the coming months

Jordan to shut schools and places of worship; Panama allows men and women out on same day; 14 refugees test positive after Lesbos fire. This blog is now closed

The World Health Organisation has said that October and November will see the COVID situation become much worse than it is now and that daily death rates will begin to rise again.

The 2020 Global Preparedness Monitoring Board report has been released and damningly stated that never in history have the worlds leaders been so forewarned about a crisis and failed to meet the challenge so spectacularly as they have with Coronavirus.

Sunday also saw the world's highest ever rise in global new cases in 24hrs with 307,930 new cases recorded

Israel has announced they are to enter a second national lockdown with an initial period of three weeks in place

Comment

Working...
                                X