X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No figures today either, always bodes well

Comment

Overall summary of the respiratory viruses in circulation within the UK

UK reports *sweet jesus* 12,872 new cases today in what was, let's be honest, late to be buried in todays news update

Comment

Utter embarrassment. Basically, figures for the coming days will be inflated to include past uncounted figures because the Government is still utterly useless at tracking confirmed cases.

Comment

Cineworld , the world's second-biggest cinema operator, said it was considering temporarily closing all its screens in the United States and Britain after studios pulled major releases such as the latest James Bond film. The Regal cinema owner, which began reopening in July after COVID-19 lockdown restrictions started to ease, employs 37,482 people across 787 venues in the U.S., Britain and central Europe, with 546 sites in America. Earlier, a person familiar with the situation had gone further, saying Cineworld would close all its U.S., UK and Ireland screens this week.

Unclear if permanent but seems likely - Cineworld is closing all of its UK theatres stating the market is now unviable

Comment

I wanted to see Bill and Ted in cineworld but my friend wouldn't break lockdown restrictions and has stayed in his county. So it has been unviable for me!

Comment

I really want to see it but I’m not going into a covid incubator. I love movies and love cinema but I can understand why many people don’t want to go into one right now.

Comment

I didnt feel threatened at all watching Tenet. Saying that, there were 10 people in a superscreen. No way was that showing profitable.

Going to Tesco is way riskier imo.

Comment

I guess the difference is I need to eat. I want to see movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    I guess the difference is I need to eat. I want to see movies.
                    True, but you can get it delivered. Most people are going to restaurants too. Cineworld in Wales were enforcing masks before it was even law, meanwhile the restaurant next door had people sitting back to back.

The lack of fresh air is the concerning part of being in a cinema but this is the case in any shopping centre restaurant too.

I definitely feel less safe and surrounded by people in work compared with someone sitting 2 rows away at most in a cinema.

Comment

And I do get my food delivered mostly. Bottom line is - I’m not taking any needless risks and going to a cinema, for me, would be a stupid way to catch covid and in no way worth it.

Comment

Well I agree with you on that! However, you have to get some enjoyment in in the next year and some people will go to see sport, some will be in primark and some will be in Nandos. If the cinema was packed out I get it, but when a screen has 3 people in it (proving most agree with you) it just isnt as risky to me. I obviously don't want to put others at risk and Im not a virus denier but for me this falls under common sense if careful, particularly as in other parts of my life I'm exposed to a lot of risk. Others may work from home and think its reckless, and I get that.

Comment

Don’t get me wrong - I don’t mean to have a go at you and, if you’re being as safe as you can and the cinema is doing a good job, then there are probably far less safer places to be. I’m just saying I personally am not heading to the cinema and so can understand how cinemas are having a tough time right now. You’re right - we’re in for the long haul so we need some enjoyment.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            This interview of Johnson by Hannah Miller is great.

I can't remember the last time I saw him being held to account. Normally he waffles an answer and the interviewer/Mr. Speaker/Starmer moves on.

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/202...tells-itv-news
                            I enjoyed that.

Comment

She needs a pay rise

Comment

Tories plan to yet again rework local lockdown rules into a three tier system that simplifies things but look set to ultimately change little

Overall summary of the respiratory viruses in circulation within the UK

Whilst it's nearing 9pm and todays figures are still not updated...

Comment

Working...
                                X