United Kingdom VI: Summer Lovin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    Can't say I really thought that much of the new spitting image - it was okay, but the Greta Thunberg stuff, it's just not appropriate to be satirising that message. It's trivialising climate change and essentially saying it's okay to mock Thunberg for trying to make people listen. The rest of it, fair game because of the BS the politicians spout, but they really need to drop Thunberg as it's really badly judged - they should be satirising climate change denial.
    Why shouldn't one mock a person who travels the world, loves the Internet (soon to overtake transport for Carbon emissions ) and pretends to be a green hero by her speech writing Dad?

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      Why shouldn't one mock a person who travels the world, loves the Internet (soon to overtake transport for Carbon emissions ) and pretends to be a green hero by her speech writing Dad?
      It's more that satire's only funny when it punches up, not down.

Comment

Spitting Image was always a bit all over the place though, some of the depictions were pretty surreal and there were a lot of characters who weren't political at all, just well-known public figures. Like Gazza.

I haven't seen the new ones but it sounds like pretty much business as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          It's more that satire's only funny when it punches up, not down.
          She loves the internet and loves to travel. That's got a carbon footprint

Comment

Why is starmer calling for a two week circuit breaker over half term, but would leave the schools open? Useless kernt.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              She loves the internet and loves to travel. That's got a carbon footprint

Comment

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post

Comment

An expert on LBC just said that a 2 week lockdown would set infection rate back 4 weeks meaning that to simply maintain a fixed level the economy would need to shutter for 2 in every 6 weeks. Add them together and... just do it one go and kill out the virus ffs. Even better, schools etc would be open and the vulnerable wouldn't be asked to shield this time. Hope everyone is stockpiled for a very, very, very isolated new year...

Comment

I don't know how this passed people by. I'm assuming this guy is part of the Illuminati.

DOMINIC Cummings and his family ARE liable to pay council tax on a further two properties at their North-East farm, but charges will NOT be…

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      I don't know how this passed people by. I'm assuming this guy is part of the Illuminati.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/ne...kdown-cottage/
                      More and more, I'm thinking that guy has something on some really powerful people. I know you're joking but it really makes me start to go all tinfoil hat. He's an unelected nobody!

Comment

Yeah, he certainly has powerful friends who will take career risks to support him. It's very interesting to see that at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          Yeah, he certainly has powerful friends who will take career risks to support him. It's very interesting to see that at work.
                          I'm practically praying that it isn't like The Thick of It, and it's not like he's some kind of enforcer/schoolyard bully. Like the elected MPs who support him aren't that spineless that they can't just punch someone like Malcolm Tucker in the face.

Comment

The Durham County Councillor is called John Shuttleworth! Maybe he can knock up a protest song about it on his Yamaha.

Comment

Oooof!

Comment

I don't think it's anything more complicated than they're all just a bunch of cannoonts.

Comment

Working...
                                X