No announcement yet.

United Kingdom VI: Summer Lovin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have they covered non essentials in supermarkets like us welsh?

Comment

I don't believe so.

Comment

As annoying as that was, I concede it makes sense. It stops people going to superstores for something to do when you can only buy food.

Comment

Had to bring my car in for an MoT this morning; from what I can see, you wouldn't know there was a national lockdown happening at the moment.

Just as busy as it was when I was travelling to work everyday, both on the roads and at workplaces - massive group of people waiting at the bus stop without masks or social distancing.

It's not quite as busy at my office, probably about 1/3rd, but it's mostly high-tech companies here who are working at home anyway.

However, I can't see this one month lockdown having any impact based on my observations this morning.

Comment

Yep, drive into the office and there was zero difference in traffic or people out and about. As much as it's an awful thought it's clear a lockdown stands no chance without A-Enforcement and B-Full business and education shutdown like in the first lockdown.

This second lockdown is just more Tory word stew

Comment

It's quieter here, but there's police everywhere. Row of panda cars, must have seen a dozen individual coppers walking up and down. Then again it's Wakefield, probably just the aftermath of a stabbing.

Comment

Liverpool mass testing - which already failed in its pilot - is under concerned scrutiny that the system may cause more COVID than it cures thanks to the huge queues the six centres have created

Comment

Not seen any difference in numbers of people out and about locally since lockdown.

Weather has been lovely the last couple of days so chose to pick up stuff for breakfast and go for a walk on the way home, loads out by the beach today. This week has been our busiest week since lockdown 1.0, with so many surgeries either still shut or simply refusing to be part of the service, almost all the 111 dental emergencies in the area have been coming to us and its been very hard going.

Comment

Government used out-of-date model predicting 4,000 deaths a day in TV briefing.

Scientists say a positive coronavirus result does not guarantee that someone is infectious.

This doesn't help matters in that regard.

Comment

It's almost exhausting how inept our Government is in dealing with this

Comment

Starmer says that Biden's win means it's time for Boris to abandon his current trade approach with the EU

Comment

TBH though, I’m still extremely worried that the Tories will cram through ‘no deal’ in the transition between presidents. It’s all about shorting the economy and running away with the proceeds scot-free, and a Biden presidency starting in late January doesn’t prevent that.

Comment

^^^^ Definitely a worry

Comment

Heard something on the radio about the uk/ Boris may be willing to give up some fishing rights to get Brexit deal through.

Wasn't it UK fishermen's main intensive to vote to leave the EU was to gain MORE rights than lose them?
                              Correct me if I'm wrong but apart from the stereotyped racism/ immigration/ Save the NHS argument to leave the EU, the next most blasted reason to leave I heard on the news was for farmers and fishermen to have more rights in the UK, followed by having more control and own rules about health and safetly and all that shizzle.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                                Heard something on the radio about the uk/ Boris may be willing to give up some fishing rights to get Brexit deal through.

Wasn't it UK fishermen's main intensive to vote to leave the EU was to gain MORE rights than lose them?
                                Correct me if I'm wrong but apart from the stereotyped racism/ immigration/ Save the NHS argument to leave the EU, the next most blasted reason to leave I heard on the news was for farmers and fishermen to have more rights in the UK, followed by having more control and own rules about health and safetly and all that shizzle.
                                Thing is, British farmers will lose CAP subsidies and access to their largest market, and British fishermen will lose access to fishing waters and access to their largest market. Added to which, most of the fish industry in the UK is processing caught fish into food, so it’s like a triple-whammy for the fishing industry. The whole Brexit thing is such a massive con...

Comment

Working...
                                X