United Kingdom VI: Summer Lovin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
    Adding just that extra touch of drama, no doubt. When he got the call his missus had Covid he pegged it out the back.
    That’s the thing. Feels like it was a very conscious choice to make a scene of it, having him come out with the box of stuff. I’m not seeing the angle. The time to turn on him was when he claimed he needed to take a drive to test his eyes. I’m wondering what’s going on now.

Comment

Just yet another very small little man with an overinflated ego and sense of self-importance who thinks he's making a statement but will be forgotten by the time the door hits him on the ass on the way out. This last week has been an immense uplift for 2020.

Comment

"Get the ****in' tape, get the boxes and pack your ****in' ****. Pack it now. Go the **** away. Four years of this ****in' nonsense, ya ****in blow job."

Comment

Not fully flushed. WFH until mid Dec apparently. Then onto the next turds.

I don't care whose it is, it's floating.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            That’s the thing. Feels like it was a very conscious choice to make a scene of it, having him come out with the box of stuff. I’m not seeing the angle. The time to turn on him was when he claimed he needed to take a drive to test his eyes. I’m wondering what’s going on now.
            I can't help but believe that this follows on to what people have said about him being like a playground bully, and someone with a bit more clout has just told him to **** off.

Comment

Cummings apparently fired after referring to Boris’ fiancé’s attempts to be like Princess Di as “Princess Nut Nuts”. Couldn’t make it up.
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I would find it offensive that Boris allows his missus to get so involved in decision making but if she's on the side opposing Cummings it's got to be an improvement. Tory patience with Boris has to be wearing thin now though, it's crystal clear how incapable he is of the job

Comment

The big question is, who the hell on that **** show of a front bench would replace him?

Comment

Given the way this panned out it seems like it won't matter as he'll just go home and his missus will override anything she doesn't like the sound of.

Comment

Another push occurs for a 4 day week. Same story as ever, pay me 5 days cor working 4 days then sure otherwise **** off EU

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...an-politicians
                        Another push occurs for a 4 day week. Same story as ever, pay me 5 days cor working 4 days then sure otherwise **** off EU
                        It’s not an EU proposal at all; actually
                        read the article beyond the misleading headline. It’s about John McDonnell and members of fringe left-wing parties writing a public letter to national leaders asking for a four day week. So it won’t actually affect anything at any level.

(Regardless, we’re soon going to miss the actual EU basic worker protections once they’re gone.)

Comment

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post
                          (Regardless, we’re soon going to miss the actual EU basic worker protections once they’re gone.)
                          I'm actually more scared of us losing access to the European court of human rights and the European human rights act. But it's OK, we'll have Boris and his pals writing a UK one...

Comment

Why? We're not leaving that treaty as it's a separate agreement to being in the EU. The UK would have to repeal the 1998 HRA for that to happen, which is far less likely with Cummings gone.

Not saying that it couldn't happen ever, but it's not going to happen automatically at the end of the year and all the other crap that the end of the transition brings along with the Covid-19 crisis, it's going to be way at the back of queue of things to do.
                            Last edited by MartyG; 16-11-2020, 07:55.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              Why? We're not leaving that treaty as it's a separate agreement to being in the EU. The UK would have to repeal the 1998 HRA for that to happen, which is far less likely with Cummings gone.

Not saying that it couldn't happen ever, but it's not going to happen automatically at the end of the year and all the other crap that the end of the transition brings along with the Covid-19 crisis, it's going to be way at the back of queue of things to do.
                              Praise the gods. I thought its was an automatic thing.

Comment

Definitely not something to be complacent about, and if there are rumblings later about getting rid of the 1998 act, that's the time to lobby your MP to not do it. I don't think it's something we need to worry about in the short term with everything else going on.

Comment

Working...
                                X