No announcement yet.

United Kingdom VI: Summer Lovin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over the last few months I've had a few people tell me that the virus isn't real and also that if you're hospitalised you will die. Although the second part contradicts the first, because what are you in hospital for if they plan to finish you off.

This isn't a joke post, it seems as though social media and smartphone apps help the spread of any idea these days.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
      Over the last few months I've had a few people tell me that the virus isn't real and also that if you're hospitalised you will die. Although the second part contradicts the first, because what are you in hospital for if they plan to finish you off.

This isn't a joke post, it seems as though social media and smartphone apps help the spread of any idea these days.

Comment

Here's an update on how Coronavirus spreads, based on 6 months of researching into it since it started:

"Close range droplets are now the leading theory.

Close contact with others raises the risk of exposure to small droplets they expel by talking, breathing, etc. A virus inside a fresh droplet is more likely to be alive and infectious than one that’s been sitting on a doorknob."

So masks and social distancing are still really important to follow.

Comment

Yesterday I saw a "facts" post being shared by loads of covid deniers saying 5 million people in Italy died of flu last year, but no one cared about that.

WTAF. How dumb can people be? That would be 10% of the population.

Comment

The Royal Mint is to cease producing 2p and £2 coins due to having too much excess stock of them now

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...o-excess-stock
              The Royal Mint is to cease producing 2p and £2 coins due to having too much excess stock of them now
              Problem solved:

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                So masks and social distancing are still really important to follow.
                But Noel said they steam up my glasses and make my beard itch, plus Trump thinks they're rubbish because waiters and also, it's a full moon.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                  But Noel said they steam up my glasses and make my beard itch, plus Trump thinks they're rubbish because waiters and also, it's a full moon.
                  "The 15 funniest band names people suggested for Ian Brown and Noel Gallagher after they both pitched their tents in the selfish idiots anti-maskers’ camp."

Comment

Comment

This is a great thread and spells out the current issues with the whole Brexit/Ireland/Trade thing:

Comment

On the conspiracy theory issue. Why would capitalist governments concoct a phoney pandemic that plunges all their economies into ruination? It takes nary a moment's thought to recognize the absurdity of the suggestion.

Comment

I know we have at least a couple of NI members here. I have family there and spent a lot of time there as a kid. And then worked up in Belfast a couple of years ago. Two things are always on my mind when I think of the breaking of the Good Friday agreement. The first is that not a lot of people outside NI really knew how bad it was during the troubles and that, I think, is because Thatcher among others made it her business to keep those things quiet so as not to give a platform to the IRA or to give justification. Stuff would happen and it never made UK news. This was around the time they used to dub over Adams. People went about their lives, of course, but the troubles and the effect of those were really bad.

The second thing is that going back to Belfast a few years ago for work was like going to an entirely different place altogether. Yes, there are still problems in NI but the difference that the peace process has made to businesses, to the infrastructure and to the people has been incredible. It's so much better there now. So much has changed. What was achieved really is fantastic and a testament to all those who were an active part of the peace process.

And yet it's still fragile for so many reasons.

If Brexit breaks that, it's going to be such a step backwards. And I would hope that a lot of that progress will hold but, if it doesn't, it won't be pretty and it will be a UK problem.

Comment

Sorry DT, we apparently don't give a **** about you, or Gibraltar.

Comment

[MENTION=3687]Golgo[/MENTION] because they want to control us or something.

I've often thought the same.
                              It's like evil baddies wanting to destroy the world they live in as a way to have power. There would be nothing left to have power over.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                This is a great thread and spells out the current issues with the whole Brexit/Ireland/Trade thing:
                                I think it could summed up in a single tweet:

Comment

Working...
                                X