Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MagSafe is back on MacBooks!

Comment

Doesn't really make any sense for there not to be a USB-C port on the iPhone - there will have to be a USB-C port on the charging dock for a wireless charging iPhone.

You can still have a magsafe-like cable by putting the magnetic break in the cable.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        MagSafe is back on MacBooks!
        MagSafe should never have left MacBooks in the first damn place, but that's Apple for you!

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          Doesn't really make any sense for there not to be a USB-C port on the iPhone - there will have to be a USB-C port on the charging dock for a wireless charging iPhone.
          Not if Apple decide to do a MagSafe charging pad for a portless iPhone.

Comment

The new EU law covers peripherals, so no, they can't do that. The charger is a peripheral, but even if they can work around that, the directive also stipulates that all wireless charging standards must have interoperability, so the phones will still need to work with other wireless chargers.

If, as I suspect, Apple wants to continue selling products in the EU, they will fall in line. IIRC, USB-C has a higher rated power limit for charging too.
            Last edited by MartyG; 05-10-2022, 13:00.

Comment

I like USB-C, first came my Android phone (wife went to USB-C on her phone a few months before me).

Z 9 is USB-C as is the charger.

Wife not long ago got a 13" lappy which has a USB-C charging port and I've just got a 13" as well complete with two Thunderbolt 4's. Best bit is I got a 4K monitor which uses just one USB-C cable, the PC sends the signal to the monitor whilst at the same time the monitor powers the PC.
              New business laptop a couple of weeks ago same thing.

PD Powerbank is also USB-C for which I have a GaN 65W mains plug - USB-C.

You just have to make sure you get the correct USB-C cable as they aren't all the same.

My things off the top of my head that's aren't 'C' at home is the business eye-fone and my Z 50.

Comment

Hello NTSC-UKers/Bordersdown forumites! I have a favour to ask if you've purchased a smartphone in the UK (online or instore) in the past few years could you please fill out my short survey, for my university dissertation research!

For my digital marketing master’s research project, I need to gather data on UK smartphone purchases.
                I would be greatly appreciative if you could answer this short survey (approx. 10-15 mins)

It’s mostly multiple-choice questions too. If the survey does not let you select an option for any reason please try refreshing the page.

The survey works best on computers or tablets, or mobile in landscape mode. It will work in portrait but it’s slightly fiddly. Thank you in advance for filling this out, it will be incredibly useful to my research project!

Please message me directly if you have questions, are unsure about anything, or have any issues filling out the form.

Survey: https://bit.ly/3ynX4EA

Comment

I have filled it out. Hope that's helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    I have filled it out. Hope that's helpful.
                    Thank you so much mate

Comment

Done and dusted mate.

Comment

Originally posted by punio75 View Post
                        Done and dusted mate.
                        Appreciate it!

Comment

Meant to do this earlier this week but it just flashed into my mind so have done it now. Hope you're getting some useful results!

Comment

Can this run Game Cube emulation well?

Comment

Just got the iPhone14 pro max and set it up today. Battery is absolutely shocking, i can watch the % drain as im using it, it’s as bad as my old 11pro which is only at 60% capacity now after years of being hammered. The always on screen is also broken and goes off after a few mins.

Not really pleased.

Comment

Did you buy it brand new or used?

I’ve been using and testing iPhones & Android devices for nearly 10 years and always found the batteries of iPhones to be exceptional in comparison to certain Android devices.

I’m on my iPhone 13 Pro and owned since new, and the battery is still exceptional and I’m a heavy user.

Comment

Working...
                                X