X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Dean Stockwell Dies: ‘Quantum Leap’ Star Was 85

"Former Quantum Leap star Dean Stockwell, an Oscar- and Emmy-nominated actor whose career on stage, in film and TV spanned more than 70 years, passed away in the early morning of November 7. He died peacefully at home of natural causes, a rep for the family confirmed to Deadline. He was 85."

I've caught him in loads of things over the years and he was always a good actor. Battlestar Galactica, Beverly Hills Cop II, Paris, Texas and Dune.

However, he'll always be Al from Quantum Leap for me.
    He's one of those characters that was portrayed so brilliantly that you feel like he's a friend and when I saw him pop up in those other films, it was like seeing them again after a while.

The character arc for Al was brilliant and I loved how it was finally resolved in the final episode.
    That sucks. A part of my childhood gone.
    I forgot he was in Battlestar.

Comment

Barbara Moore;

...not arf!

Comment

Frank Williams has left us;
        Williams Racing team founder and former team principal Sir Frank Williams dies, aged 79.

Comment

Renowned fashion designer Virgil Abloh (of Louis Vuitton and Off-White) passes away after a two-year battle with cancer, aged 41.

The fashion maverick, also creative head at Louis Vuitton, had been suffering from an aggressive form of cancer for two years

Comment

Mick Rock died on 18th Nov aged 72, missed that until recently. A photographer famous for his work with 70s music icons like Bowie and Queen: https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...id-bowie-queen

Someone has naughtily uploaded the documentary about him to YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCSgyR25q-M
            Last edited by MartyG; 29-11-2021, 07:54.

Comment

Masayuki Uemura, lead architect for the NES and SNES, passed away at 78 on the 6th of December.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                Masayuki Uemura, lead architect for the NES and SNES, passed away at 78 on the 6th of December.
                A true titan of Nintendo's original golden age in home videogaming and the 8 and 16-bit console eras in general.

Some of the most fun I've ever had on consoles were due to hardware he had a massive hand in engineering.

Thank you, Uemura-san.

Comment

Mike Nesmith (78), out of The Monkees, but also a respected music producer.

This is a great one. Recording session of Bert Jansch's beautiful 'LA Turnaround' that Nesmith produced. He appears around the 3 minute mark.

Last edited by Golgo; 10-12-2021, 18:34.

Comment

Yep remember the Monkee's, although they were a manufactured for TV band - something that would never happen today eh, I think some of the band members had talents that went largely unrecognised due to this.

Comment

Yes, sad day for anyone born in the 60s or 70s who will remember the TV show and The Monkees' songs as being part of their childhood. Mike Nesmith was probably the most musically talented of the group and clearly the least comfortable with the TV comedy show they did even though that is probably what made them so well known.

Last Train To Clarkesville, Pleasant Valley Sunday, Daydream Believer and I'm A Believer are all regularly played and well known songs even today over 50 years on. He might have 'just' been part of a 'manufactured band' but what a musical legacy to leave behind.

Comment

Gothic author Anne Rice has died aged 80
                        https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59627125

Comment

Comedian Jethro has died aged 72 from COVID

Comment

Masayoshi Yasugi, the novelist behind Rakuen Tsuihou (Expelled From Paradise, probably the animated movie is more known in the west), has died at the age of 49. No offocial cause of death has been communicated, but he was living alone and suffering from less work due to ongoing pandemic.

Comment

Leonard "Hub" Hubbard, former bassist and co-founder of US hip-hop band The Roots, has passed away after a long battle with cancer. He was 62.

Comment

Japanese actress and singer Sayaka Kanda has died at 35. Police are investigating possible suicide.

Comment

Working...
                                X