No announcement yet.

America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've just made me realise that 2026 is the 250th anniversary of US Independence.

Good god, that's gonna be insufferable

Comment

Planes refuelling planes mid-flight will never not be impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        You should look up Operation Black Buck from the falklands war. We sent a B52 bomber all the way there, which needed refueling mid fight, but not only that, but the refuelers needed refueling. All during the flight.

Edit: Vulcan Bomber.

Here is a diagram of the refuelers

https://www.google.com/search?q=vulcan+bomber+falklands+refueling&client= ms-android-samsung-ss&prmd=inv&sxsrf=ALiCzsbhUo_zMiWtY-OejOb5J3eYItwntw:1655373039581&source=lnms&tbm=isc h&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiVwvqP2bH4AhVOTsAKHQIHCK4Q_AUoAX oECAIQAQ&biw=360&bih=715&dpr=3#imgrc=KkVCQ2VwojSuQ M
        Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 16-06-2022, 09:51.

Comment

Reminds me of this:

How many ships would a ship ship ship if a ship ship could ship ships?

MV Blue Marlin

Last edited by QualityChimp; 16-06-2022, 15:51.

Comment

Perhaps one of the most impressive mid-air refuels was that done for the Vulcan bomber runs to the Falkland Islands from Ascension Island - Operation Black Buck. The Vulcans were never designed for mid-flight refueling, so had to be retrofitted. It was a 16-hour sortie and required multiple refuels.

In the end, the mission wasn't particularly successful, but nonetheless, the flight itself was impressive.

Comment

That's a hard read, here you are;
              Planes refuelling mid-air will never be unimpressive.

I agree.

Comment

Sorry but all this in-flight refueling talk makes me want to watch Air Force One for, like, the millionth time (GOD I love that movie and I'm not exactly sure why!)

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                  Sorry but all this in-flight refueling talk makes me want to watch Air Force One for, like, the millionth time (GOD I love that movie and I'm not exactly sure why!)
                  Executive Decision > Air Force One, IMHO!

Executive Decision - Boarding Party: The commandos board Oceanic Flight 343 through a modified stealth bomber designed to bridge two planes in flight.BUY THE...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Executive Decision > Air Force One, IMHO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtFw6_YJiFs
                    Passenger 57 > Executive Decision

Simply for the kick to balls and thrown out of the plane

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                      That's a hard read, here you are;
                      Planes refuelling mid-air will never be unimpressive.

I agree.
                      I pretend to fly planes instead of playing normal games these days. Landing an F/A 18 on an aircraft carrier, at night, in the fog? Pfft, easy. Refuelling? It feels like the fighting the hardest dark souls boss but someone keeps moving the right thumbstick randomly. The secret is to not look at the actual refuelling basket it turns out. For extra difficulty do it in a harrier, that has it's refuelling probe BEHIND THE PILOT SO YOU CAN'T SEE IT. Anyway, yes, very impressive stuff and I'm happy to find a discussion on here that I can join in with (about to post in the gig going thread too though, twice in one day!)

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                        Passenger 57 > Executive Decision

Simply for the kick to balls and thrown out of the plane
                        Asura over-thinking moment 4,286 incoming

I have this weird thing about Passenger 57, and it's because I knew the movie's tagline and tough-guy quip - "Always bet on black."

And it's obviously because Wesley Snipes is black, it's not that I don't understand it but when I first watched this, I already knew about this phrase in the movie.

You know how action films often have some weird metaphor that runs through them? Like early-on, a character will say something, and then you revisit that three or four times in the movie, until at the end, someone says it at a pivotal moment? So like in Executive Decision, one of the characters has given up smoking and he's developed a nervous tick where he always has a coffee stirrer in his mouth, and they end up using it as part of defusing the bomb.

So I assumed that there would be some kind of roulette metaphor which ran through the movie, so when Snipes says, "Always bet on black", it has a double-meaning.

But none of that happens. He says that line kinda out of nowhere something about that has always seemed funny to me, for that reason.

Comment

I met a bunch of harrier pilots years back, very cold and insular, they didn’t even talk to the other airforce personnel that was with them, likewise the other airforce personal put them on pedestals like gods. Apparently only the best fly harriers in the airforce so that’s probably why.

Comment

Revlon files for bankruptcy as it struggles to keep pace with online retailers (msn.com)
                            Revlon runs out of money

And the Jan 06 hearings hear that Trump is a clear and present danger to US democracy

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...08f2b5ecc69b1b
                              And the Jan 06 hearings hear that Trump is a clear and present danger to US democracy

I just can’t imagine what gave everyone this impression???

Comment

"Always bet on black" and Snipes on a Plane are the only things I remember from Passenger 57.

Comment

Working...
                                X