No announcement yet.

America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, part of me thinks that people got a service for many years for free, and now they don't want to pay for it. I can understand though; I didn't pay for Nintendo Switch Online for the same reason.

Comment

Judge proposed by Trump named special master in Mar-a-Lago records case | Donald Trump | The Guardian
      A Trump appointed Judge is selected as Special Master on the case against Trump

Comment

No US trade deal on the horizon, admits Truss as she flies in for Biden meeting | Liz Truss | The Guardian
        Truss admits a trade deal with the US won't even start in discussion for many years

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          No US trade deal on the horizon, admits Truss as she flies in for Biden meeting | Liz Truss | The Guardian
          Truss admits a trade deal with the US won't even start in discussion for many years
          Obama told us if we leave the EU we go to the back of the queue. Turns out we have gone to the back of the queue.

Also, that 'Special relationship' we have... That was wholey because we had close ties to the EU.
          We are a country that's had a divorce to be with our Lover, only for us to not be as exciting as we were when we were married.
          Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 20-09-2022, 06:56.

Comment

How the UK sees itself as a trade partner:

How the US sees the UK as a trade partner:

Comment

This needs to be a poster outside no10. Incredible.

Comment

This is spot on.

What does the UK have to trade? We have few inherent resources. We don't even produce enough natural gas to prevent price rises when the Russians turn the screws.

In terms of buying stuff; we don't make enough cars etc. for things like steel, and in terms of population and consumable goods, we don't want chlorinated chicken, or to pay the US's daft prices for drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  This is spot on.

What does the UK have to trade? We have few inherent resources. We don't even produce enough natural gas to prevent price rises when the Russians turn the screws.

In terms of buying stuff; we don't make enough cars etc. for things like steel, and in terms of population and consumable goods, we don't want chlorinated chicken, or to pay the US's daft prices for drugs.
                  Also the UK is smaller in population than 99% of the US states. Selling anything to us is a waste of effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    Also the UK is smaller in population than 99% of the US states. Selling anything to us is a waste of effort.
                    This made me look this up and I was surprised by the result.

The UK population is bigger than any individual US state (California is the largest with 39m, to the UK's ~70m), or approx 21% of the US population.

I always new the % figure but I thought the individual populations of Texas and Cali were larger.

Comment

This made me look this up and I was surprised by the result.

The UK population is bigger than any individual US state (California is the largest with 39m, to the UK's ~70m), or approx 21% of the US population.

I always new the % figure but I thought the individual populations of Texas and Cali were larger.
                      Wow. That is surprising.

Comment

The population of the US as a whole is "only" 320M (or about 4.5 times the UK) so there's no way any state could be more populous than here. Even accounting for the likes of Montana, Nebraska and Alaska.
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                          The population of the US as a whole is "only" 320M (or about 4.5 times the UK) so there's no way any state could be more populous than here. Even accounting for the likes of Montana, Nebraska and Alaska.
                          Honestly I could've guessed either way. I figured it would be unlikely for an individual state to be so, but I also knew that the US population, with the states, is a bit feast-or-famine. I was aware that California and Texas were the most populous but also that there are many states which are enormous, with a very small population density.

Comment

Someone give this man a sticker for post of the year, shut it down people were done here.

Comment

Honestly I could've guessed either way. I figured it would be unlikely for an individual state to be so, but I also knew that the US population, with the states, is a bit feast-or-famine. I was aware that California and Texas were the most populous but also that there are many states which are enormous, with a very small population density.
                              Year the US isn’t as populated as the impression they give out, from a European perspective it seems like there’s a lot more people there than there actually is, probably because the land mass is so big.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X