No announcement yet.

America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose since neither of us is able to delve psychically into Musk's mind to find out his true thoughts, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one Marty.

Comment

We will - Musk craves attention for sure, but I don't think this impacts him as negatively as you think. He can go on Twitter and post about and then get hundreds and thousands of tiny violins sent to him. If he's saying only 10% were booing he's already marginalised it, whilst reading all the adorating replies in his feed.

Comment

Musk's shaky little voice saying "what should i do" as he was getting booed did make me feel a little bit sorry for him.

Comment

I think Musk is finding out the hard way that the cultists who hang off his every word on Twitter have barely any impact on the real world and the people within it, where the general public seem to regard him with either hostility or complete indifference. I think he expects that all the "haters" were just people within strongly left-wing circles and everyone else in the world thinks he's super cool and funny. He is desperate for this to be the case and seems to be gradually losing his marbles as the harsh truth is revealed.

Bear in mind that he turned up at this event almost certainly just to have his ego stroked, it should have been a very "soft crowd" (as the term goes) for him at a Dave Chappelle show, whether in San Francisco or otherwise. Certainly I don't think Chappelle would have been expecting or wanting the reaction that he got - there's a world of difference between a few hecklers and an enormous crowd booing.

Musk will now try to keep a paper-thin veneer of being thick skinned and actually loving all this, but you've got to bear in mind this was the guy who called an actual hero a "pedo guy" because he was critical of his mini-sub being a PR stunt (which it was) and consistently turns to the Internet for virtual back pats when real life won't give them. As more of the normal world figure out he's a bit of a scumbag and turn their backs on him, he leans further into the alternatives so he can continue to receive validation from somewhere - rubbing shoulders with backwater conspiracy theorist grifters and various culture war weirdos.

It's nice to know that being that rich doesn't necessarily mean anyone has to be your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
            It's nice to know that being that rich doesn't necessarily mean anyone has to be your friend.
            That does seem to be the prevailing opinion that many have of him:

It can be strange, sometimes, to be me. I’m the wealthiest man on the planet, for starters. Leaders across America, and indeed the world, look to me as a visionary driving technological progress in areas from transportation, to communication, to becoming a multi-planetary species. The kinds of projects I’m involved in…

Comment

I'm doing my best to ignore him, hoping he'll get jailed or go bankrupt soon or both, but he is such a monumental penis.

This week he claimed Fauci lied to congress and funded vaccine research that "killed millions of people" whilst mocking people that choose to use pronouns.

He should probably take some time out from attacking people that he thinks have stupid pronouns before their names and spend some quality time with (checks notes) X Æ A-12.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                I'm doing my best to ignore him, hoping he'll get jailed or go bankrupt soon or both, but he is such a monumental penis.

This week he claimed Fauci lied to congress and funded vaccine research that "killed millions of people" whilst mocking people that choose to use pronouns.

He should probably take some time out from attacking people that he thinks have stupid pronouns before their names and spend some quality time with (checks notes) X Æ A-12.
                Yeah, or his other daughter, the one who changed her name (from Musk) and gender, and who the pronoun tweet was probably partly a shot at (the other part was pandering to the far right peanut gallery he just reinstated for clout).

Personally I don't want to ignore Musk as the drama is tremendously entertaining. I like hate-reading his tweets!
                Last edited by wakka; 14-12-2022, 10:33.

Comment

He's like the male Kardashian. Lots of money made off the backs of others with zero talent of his own, a figure head for all that is wrong in society whilst mingling with corrosive figures and alt-right nasties when not suckering up to the media and abusing social media for financial gain leaving the people around him broken in his wake.

Comment

And this is a prime example of why that booing isn't a bother to him. If he didn't want to provoke stuff like that then he'd not be spouting this nonsense. It's done for attention seeking I'm sure, but I don't think he really cares if it's positive or negative so long as people are talking about him and not ignoring him.

Comment

Mocking people that choose to use pronouns is in direct relation to his son who just turned 18, he's applied to change his name and legal gender he also dosn't want to be a musk and has taken his mothers maiden name.

Comment

Musk: Pronouns are silly!

Also Musk: Me and Grimes are happy to announce the birth of our new child, (selection of random letters that look like they were cribbed from a Teletext page in an area with poor reception).

Comment

(selection of random letters that look like they were cribbed from a Teletext page in an area with poor reception).
                          Love these niche throwbacks!
                          I_understood_that_reference.gif

Comment

Also Musk: Me and Grimes are happy to announce the birth of our new child, (selection of random letters that look like they were cribbed from a Teletext page in an area with poor reception).
                            oh god it does look like that

Comment

Turns out Musk does care what some people think about him:

Twitter Suspends Accounts Of Several Journalists Who Cover Elon Musk – Deadline
                              He just banned journalists that have reported on him saying they gave away his location in a way that could be used in assassination attempts. The journalists say they used publicly available information that Musk had previously cleared to be on twitter. Leading US news outlets and politicians have criticised Musk for the move and he posted a poll on twitter asking when the journalists should be restored to the platform. 'Now' won the vote so Musk overturned it saying there were too many poll options and it will need to be redone.

Comment

Musk: Pronouns are silly!

Stay awXÆ A-12 my bins!

Comment

Working...
                                X