America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Consider Musk and all you know of him. Does this sound in any way likely?
    Frankly I don't know, but I suspect you're right.

I've never been one of the army of weird "fans" of Musk; however, I've been really surprised to see how things have gone with him recently. Just because I remember years ago, he was demonstrating these roof tiles that would generate solar power, and I watched the video, and it was clear that he has absolutely zero charisma as a public speaker.

Now, this in itself isn't a criticism. Some of history's worst dictators have been skilled orators. But usually, when someone is a grifter, they tend to be quite good at working a crowd, speaking to people, getting their buy-in. Musk clearly lacks those skills. At the time, this made me wonder if he actually was some sort of genius in private, because it just seems so strange that someone could be so successful while lacking in those skills.

Though practically everything else I've seen since that moment has basically shown his success was down to a combination of luck, generational wealth, and probably some business expertise, but not on some sort of genius level.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      Though practically everything else I've seen since that moment has basically shown his success was down to a combination of luck, generational wealth, and probably some business expertise, but not on some sort of genius level.
      With generational wealth probably being at the core of it all.

Comment

I don't know if its got any truth to it but it was being knocked about last night that this played into theory that Musk was intentionally pushing it toward bankruptcy ahead of a tax write down and him stepping down was a precursor move.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          I don't know if its got any truth to it but it was being knocked about last night that this played into theory that Musk was intentionally pushing it toward bankruptcy ahead of a tax write down and him stepping down was a precursor move.
          These sorts of theories are attractive, because his stewardship has been so ****ing nuts that I think it's normal to want it to be part of some broader plan. But truly, looking at stuff over the last few days, I honestly think he's just playing with fire.

Comment

Two hours remaining and voting remains in favour of him stepping down

Comment

Tesla shares are now down 62% this year

Musk, when asked about having a CEO successor lined up for Twitter

Comment

The more Musk gets closer to stepping down from Twitter, the more Tesla shares recover.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  Yeah, I'm gonna give a hard 'nope' on that one.

Prior to this poll we had one of the funniest Musk policy changes yet. He banned people from mentioning Mastodon, Facebook, Instagram and a few other competitors in tweets or in their bio, or linking to them. Which, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    He banned people from mentioning Mastodon, Facebook, Instagram and a few other competitors in tweets or in their bio, or linking to them. Which, lol.
                    Yep. And now the tweets announcing this are gone and also the article it linked to is gone too. So they may have already reversed this. They really have no idea what they are doing.

Comment

Yeah he did reverse it.

All plan of the grand master plan I'm sure

Comment

Heard something about banning the links to other media sites is illegal in the EU hence why they've gone...
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I've run out of popcorn on this one, a fascinating meltdown of epic proportions

Comment

I left Twitter a few weeks ago now because of Musk's actions combined with some other personal decisions around why I spend so long online talking ****e. As I'm sure most of you will know!

I do miss Twitter as when I have a random thought, see somethng cool or want to have a scroll and read some great pictures or articles I wouldn't otherwise had, there's nothing quite like Twitter. However, a lot of what I done was doom scrolling, reading people scream at others or just nonsense. But not in a Brasseye way, well, not all the time.

I'll be strange if Twitter does implode fully, although if it does, I wonder if Musk walks it off before his next horrifying start up / acquisition or if it really effects his ability to bring his own brand of western work ethics to another business.

Comment

And the poll has ended and Musk lost

Comment

And now Musk will null the result by saying there were too many choices.

Comment

Working...
                                X