No announcement yet.

America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone is getting a nice golden parachute to keep them at 0% somewhere, find them and expose, or do something, theres no other explanation.

Comment

The Irish mentality for decades has been to do whatever it takes to bring US businesses into the country. If that means allowing the US to transport 'rendered' people through here, who will be illegally held without trial during the Gulf wars and other conflicts, or allowing them to get away without paying a penny in taxes, then so be it.

Comment

There's a view in certain quarters that we can't do anything to affect the status quo on things like corporation tax and the super rich because there's a risk of them leaving the country.

My view is that if a company or person only wants to exist here as basically a parasite, then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
          There's a view in certain quarters that we can't do anything to affect the status quo on things like corporation tax and the super rich because there's a risk of them leaving the country.

My view is that if a company or person only wants to exist here as basically a parasite, then don't let the door hit you on the way out.
          Exactly With the likes of Amazon its not just a net zero them not paying tax as they have taken business from smaller outfits who can't employ tax avoidance on the level they do. The uk is actively loosing money that should be going back into the uk everytime they swallow up another market.

Comment

Seriously, make Amazon not available to me in any way shame or form. I’d be fine with that. Let them take their toys and go home or make them pay tax ffs. I get a couple of deliveries a week from them currently it I don’t feel bad about it because it’s not down to me to protest this stuff; our government should be dealing with this stuff.

Comment

Larry Rudolph wishes Spears ‘all the health and happiness in the world’ as singer’s future remains uncertain amid conservatorship battle

As Spears continues to fight her conservative-ship the only way she can - by cutting into what it can earn - her manager has quit suggesting she is planning to retire completely.

Comment

Looks like Trump is looking to spin up the grifting from his cult again by starting a frivolous lawsuit against Twitter and Facebook: https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/p...er/7886696002/

No, they haven't impinged on his 1st amendment rights, but don't let that get in the way of donations (if you must give money to a person richer than you are, make sure you read the small print in the T&Cs because he's going to mug you off ).

Comment

Exotic was sentenced in January 2020 to 22 years after being convicted of trying to hire two different men to kill Carole Baskin

A federal appeals court has ruled that Joe Exotic's sentence should be shortened. The ruling will likely see around 5 years be taken off his sentence but that will still leave him 1 year into a minimum 17 year run

Comment

It should be a crime to wear a shirt like that.

Comment

Leaked Kremlin papers appear to show the Russian efforts to get 'mentally unstable' Trump into power

Comment

Is there a footnote about Boris Johnson?

Comment

Probably somewhere - but perhaps the biggest revelation to squirt out of that leaked report is that the Kremlin does possess kompromat on Trump which was secretly collected during his many visits to Moscow - suggesting that the events that allegedly went on in a certain hotel room with hookers is an actual real thing. Maybe wee can expect a stream of information to spray forth in the next few weeks

Although it seems likely those tapes would be splashed on the front pages
                          Last edited by MartyG; 15-07-2021, 20:10.

Comment

What a golden opportunity to shower us all with interesting information!

Comment

Pegasus spy software is being abused by senior figures to access the privacy of many throughout the world in a sprawling expose set to announce new leaked info per day

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                                Although it seems likely those tapes would be splashed on the front pages
                                Honestly doesn't matter, though.

We know Trump had sex with Stormy Daniels, and we also have decades of pictures of him with various women at different events, along with his own words about "grabbing" and such.

Comment

Working...
                                X