Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...rtan-ntp-feeds
    The new Trump Donation card looks well suited to appeal to certain right leaning circles
    Oh god, it's happening, isn't it.

All he needs to do now is to wait for just the right moment to come out, say "vote for me, no COVID restrictions, if you're weak or poor you just die - and by the way, most of those people are the undesirables" and that'll be it. America's slow slide into fascism shifts to a vertical drop and he'll be President in 2024.

Comment

They need to get his ass in jail before the next election

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        They need to put him in guillotine before the next election
        Fixed that for you.

Comment

Apple is to launch a new scan which combs users phones to identify child abuse images. Child Abuse groups are praising the company however privacy groups are red flagging concerns about the line this draws on privacy to general users.

Comment

Weren't things like that proved to produce too many false positives and easy to fool around? I'm all for stopping child abuse, but seems like more of a PR stun than anything.

Comment

There will be false positives yes, which is why a human will review them before any action is taken. This sort of detection is already going on, it's only of interest because it's apple doing it on your actual device. I wonder if they've done it to stop a worse situation where the US government introduce a law forcing device manufacturers to have a back door for the government to access devices.

Comment

As the article says, the main feature here only looks for images already known in the database so it feels like false positives would be rare. It's looking for specific images. The iMessage tools feel more invasive and open to issues. I get the reasoning but, given Apple generally seem pretty good on security (albeit very anti-naught content), it's surprising.

I feel like Brad is probably right - there is probably more to this and, by being seen to act first, they may actually invite less access from outside bodies.

Comment

Taliban is sweeping through Afghanistan like a wild fire already.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    Taliban is sweeping through Afghanistan like a wild fire already.
                    Well, I think we all saw that coming.

Comment

If America has decided they're not a bad guy worth pursuing anymore Stallone can make another Rambo where he helps them out...

Comment

New apple marketing campaign in 5 4 3 2 1..... "Pedos use android"

Comment

Apple are only going to have access to very a limited number of images. Police will be reluctant to release such images, plus many images will still be required for investigation. For example, a single image may well turn out to be part of a series of images they haven't uncovered yet. Also new images are being made all the time.
                          It's going to be nothing but a gesture for apple really.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                            New apple marketing campaign in 5 4 3 2 1..... "Pedos use android"
                            "I'm a mac."
                            "I'm a Peee-

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              Apple are only going to have access to very a limited number of images. Police will be reluctant to release such images, plus many images will still be required for investigation. For example, a single image may well turn out to be part of a series of images they haven't uncovered yet. Also new images are being made all the time.
                              It's going to be nothing but a gesture for apple really.
                              Not true. A huge database of images is already shared with the likes of google and Facebook in order to track down offenders and I expect Apple to be using this exact same database. Staff need to be specially trained to investigate this stuff and often do so at particular sites set up by law enforcement.

Comment

Its pretty cool that criminals are found by popping up in other peoples google photos albums.

Comment

Working...
                                X