America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
    If you are a woman due to years of being given various treatments and surgeries, of course you are a woman. We are talking about people who can just decide. Men are already getting into female prisons in the states by identifying as women. There is definitely something wrong if that is the bar these days.
    Just wanted to poke in here to say that this is not the case. The media says this for sensationalism but to actually get a legal body to respect a change of gender, which would be needed to, for example, go to a women's prison instead of a men's, there's actually a lot of work involved. You can't do it on a whim.

I mean, people express worry about trans people who start off their transition too quickly, take drugs/undergo procedures/make legal identity changes etc. too fast and later they regret that decision - but that tends to be based off that "too quickly" bit. It can take years in the UK to reach the point where legally/medically you can undergo reassignment, long, long after the day you make the decision to present yourself as a different gender identity.

That's not to say trans people have to undergo reassignment surgeries etc., like I have no expectation of them needing to do that. It's a decision for them and them alone. Some people are happy just presenting, outwardly, as a different gender, and having others recognise them as such. But even then, getting that legal recognition does take a fair bit of work.

Comment

Peace out
      Last edited by cutmymilk; 12-08-2021, 19:05.

Comment

It's a reflection of things that cis white men have to debate the rights of minorities as the reality is they're (not us on the forum, the royal they) are the ones with the real world decision making power on it and the ones who need their perceptions changing.

But in terms of sport and trangender athletes. It's something that is very easy to research and benchmark without getting close to having to decide on major competitions inclusion. It's only an outstanding question due to the utter lack of real interest in sports authorities to try

Comment

Britney Spears father has finally agreed to step down as conservator of her estate 'at the right time'

Comment

Comment

Yep. You guys won’t be surprised that I’m not surprised.

Comment

Why do you need a personal account to investigate its going’s on? You can perform all that research through someone else’s account without FB knowing a thing, then publish all your research.

Or just shut FB down and be done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  without FB knowing a thing
                  Aw, that’s adorable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    Aw, that’s adorable.
                    Yeah. Like people on 4Chan can find your address in minutes.

Comment

You actually think FB can find out someone’s identity who’s using a fake account? Without a mic, camera or IP address to spy or locate you?
                      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 15-08-2021, 14:30.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        You actually think FB can find out someone’s identity who’s using a fake account? Without a mic, camera or IP address to spy or locate you.
                        What makes you think they can't access your mic, camera and find your IP address?

Comment

They can't do any of those things. Assuming you are running a good VPN.

Comment

Hi guys, I've been away for a week, let's pop into the America thread. Looks like we're talking about Britney...

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              They can't do any of those things. Assuming you are running a good VPN.
                              Well they can access your mic and camera if you give them permission which i’m assuming anyone that has a fb account does so? Location probably not if you have a properly configured vpn.

Comment

FB have access to a billion peoples name, dob and location, plus a history of posts. They can use your account information, your friends and anyone in your area to track you and create a profile on the kind of person you are and things you like. New accounts will be screened and logged against a number of categories. Anything that is acting odd and not following normal human behaviour will be flagged. All with machine learning AI.
                                If an account stands out, humans will then jump on it and data mine the **** out of it, once the account is disabled. I have no doubt they can pretty much find exactly who you are.

Comment

Working...
                                X