No announcement yet.

America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Person gets shot on movie set: people scurry around to stop it happening again and make sure real guns aren't used.

School full of kids gets shot: people say teachers and staff need more guns to make schools safer

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      Person gets shot on movie set: people scurry around to stop it happening again and make sure real guns aren't used.

School full of kids gets shot: people say teachers and staff need more guns to make schools safer
      MERICA!

Comment

God bless America.

Comment

And they wonder why we say Dumb Ass Americans

Comment

Facebooks new name Meta turns out to be already registered by another company. Facebook says it isn't concerned as it will exploit loopholes to steal it.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...nge-challenged
              Facebooks new name Meta turns out to be already registered by another company. Facebook says it isn't concerned as it will exploit loopholes to steal it.
              Here is a few million dollars, is Meta our name now?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                Here is a few million dollars, is Meta our name now?
                This is what the owner said:

Shutt, along with co-founder Joe Darger, told TMZ they won’t sell the name for less than $20m if Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg tries to get the name. Shutt declined to further comment on this to the Guardian, citing legal concerns.
                Good lad. FB's got the pockets. Take them to the cleaners!

Comment

I’m looking forward to conveniently leaked FB messages from Schitt and Danger planning their Epstein’s island trips.

Comment

Just to say, this is why it's vital to always fact-check:

The story is that there was an image shared around of a statement by Trump, making disparaging remakes about Alex Baldwin over the recent Rust shooting incident - but this image was fake, and there's no proof that Trump ever posted this. However, given Baldwin's impersonation of Trump on SNL (something it's well-known that Trump hates), and Trump's typical way of doing things, it was taken as true by many people.

Now of course, I think Trump's a reprehensible human being, like any well-adjusted person, and this seems like something he would say given things he's said in the past.

This stands as a great example, though, of how insidious disinformation can be. There are definitely far too many people online who consider themselves "the good people" and that disinformation is only something "the bad people" do. I'm not here to make a proper "both sides" argument because I certainly think that disinformation (i.e. "lying") is a weapon wielded much more frequently by conservative pundits (small-c there) but regardless, too many people think it's never used by others.

Now there's an argument here for whether or not it's time to get down in the mud and start slinging ****, given that trying to "rise above it" doesn't seem to work in this decade... But that's a longer debate.

Comment

I do like the idea of Trump being a victim of fake stories though

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post

How cool would it be if the current Meta owner said "You can have the name soon as you open source all the oculus code"

Comment

...I think I'd rather have the $20m, if I was him

Comment

Surprising news today; Facebook is deleting its face recognition feature and all the associated data.

I'm honestly surprised at recent events.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post

Apparently they are just going to file for it in another country and exploit loopholes in the legal system to nick it anyway without paying a penny.

Comment

Whilst I think that NFL players are generally more sensible and also more sensitive to social issues than our footy players here there are of course exceptions.

Superstar QB Aaron Rogers tests positive, apparently he isn't vaxed - dickhead;
                                Aaron Rodgers has tested positive for COVID-19 and will not play against the Chiefs in Week 9, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Wednesday.

Henry Ruggs (III) kills a lady and her dog by rear ending her at 127mph (at least he did slow down from the 156mph he was travelling at - even bigger dickhead
                                He's certainly not getting out soon (for any Americans reading that should of course read 'anytime soon');
                                Former Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs III was driving at more than 150 mph with a blood-alcohol content twice Nevada’s legal limit before his sports car slammed into the rear of a vehicle that burned, killing a 23-year-old woman, a prosecutor said Wedn

Comment

Working...
                                X