No announcement yet.

America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, remember one of the audience on QT many years ago - could be about fifteen, warning the politicians that they had to do something about our energy production and specifically getting the nuclear aspect sorted as there was a ****storm coming.

Of course they didn't as they are politicians.

Comment

If Russia invades Ukraine it will cost them the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline

Comment

Russia could be a real force for good in this world. They have power, are clearly smart and capable, but use it all like a mafia. I can't express how much of a disappointment they are.

Comment

It's never really that black and white. The exact same could be said for NATO.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
            Russia could be a real force for good in this world. They have power, are clearly smart and capable, but use it all like a mafia. I can't express how much of a disappointment they are.
            They could also be 100x worse, at least Putin is stable and intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              They could also be 100x worse, at least Putin is stable and intelligent.
              Yeah. I think what happened with bringing down Iraq and fuelling Daesh has really left a mark on interventionism. Putin might be, well, Putin, but he's something of a known quantity. If he keeps it within his borders we should leave him the **** alone.

Comment

I mean, Russia did dispose of Isis... They killed everyone else in the process, but they wiped out Isis.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  I mean, Russia did dispose of Isis... They killed everyone else in the process, but they wiped out Isis.
                  Team Russia

Comment

I wonder what would be happening if Putin's BFF trump was still in power?

Comment

Ukraine would probably already have fallen and Trump would be planning to open a golf course on the border. I think the only thing that keeps Putin in check, and by in check I'm setting aside the commissioned murders and other crimes, is his own corruption. He seems keen to do many things to expand Russia and firm its control however he seems to value his own corruption more. If there's any risk to his own position or more so the money he's stealing from the state then he'll hold back. He seems to be more aware than other effective dictators of how they tend to come undone so toes a certain line out of self preservation which is what I suppose is drawing out the Ukraine situation. He wants to make a move but won't till he has a clear enough idea of whether the fallout will affect him personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        Yeah. I think what happened with bringing down Iraq and fuelling Daesh has really left a mark on interventionism. Putin might be, well, Putin, but he's something of a known quantity. If he keeps it within his borders we should leave him the **** alone.
                        This. So much this.

The newspapers are ****ing circle jerking themselves into a bloody frenzy, screaming: "RUSSIAN TROOPS SO MANY NEAR BORDER UKRAINE INVASION!!!"

And I think: so if you're telling me they are near the border, what you really mean is, Russians are on Russian soil in Russia? So basically, it's literally a non-story?

I really don't see why anyone cares. Since WWII we've been interfering with far off foreign countries, like Korea, and Vietnam, and the Middle East, and no good comes of it. I hope Russia absorbs Ukraine completely. They don't even have their own language. They literally speak Russian. They are Russia. It's like saying Cornwall should be independent.

I look forward to the day when all people in the Russian regional county of Ukraine are proud to salute the Russian flag of their motherland.

They should respect Putin, because ultimately he only wants what is good for them.

Comment

Isn't it more like saying the Republic of Ireland should be able to invade and take over Northern Ireland? Basically robbing Northern Ireland of any say in its own future.

There's only one suitable way of resolving it which is to give Ukraine the choice. If they opt to rejoin then the west should back off, if not then Russia should pack up. The fact that a country, particularly one involving the parties that are involved, is finding itself forced into this position shows how corrupt the situation is. It comes back around to how the Ukraine shouldn't need any western involvement, let alone be inviting it. They don't want Russia and Russia has no claim over them so all Putin is doing here is playing funny buggers. If he was that intent he'd be in there already instead **** measuring with the US again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                            I look forward to the day when all people in the Russian regional county of Ukraine are proud to salute the Russian flag of their motherland.
                            That's...wow. Completely speechless. I guess Russia should just re-annex all the Warsaw pact countries and ignore how they fought for their independence ever since the end of WW2, then.

Comment

They speak the language, therefore it's that country.
                              The UK could absorb all English speaking countries then.

Comment

Deleted: double post (sorry).
                                Last edited by Golgo; 28-01-2022, 09:10.

Comment

Working...
                                X