No announcement yet.

United Kingdom VII: Taking Pride in Your Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The designation of Delta Variant has been given to the Indian variant. Brilliantly the headline used still says Indian variant proving the point, the system seems weird too as there's an inherent number cap on the number of names that can be used and I'm not sure that the Indian variant is the fourth?

The Former Chief Scientific Advisor to the Government has said the UK is now at a perilous moment as cases begin a sharp rise

An existing advisor has echoed the call for a delay to the next easings.

A third expert has said that lifting the restrictions and then having to reintroduce them later or a fourth lockdown would be societally and economically much worse than delaying the 21 June restrictions.

Other than in Bolton multiple areas in the North West are now seeing harsh spikes in new cases similar to the first and second waves.

Boris Johnson has said he see's nothing in the data so suggest lifting 21 June restrictions will need to be delayed.

Still, you can see why he'd say that, we are in uncharted waters after all...

01 June 2020 - Public cautious as lockdown restrictions continue to be lifted. Hancock "We mustn't throw away the progress that has been made". Number of deceased 39,045. Number of new cases in the last 24 hours - 1,936

01 June 2021 - Public cautious as lockdown restrictions continue to be lifted. Johnson "We see nothing to suggest delaying further restrictions lifting is necessary". Number of deceased 127,782, Number of new cases in the last 24 hours - est. between 3,300 to 4,500

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      Let's go super Anime with it:

Space Romance Covid
      Followed up by Gekijouban Space Romance Covid: Do You Remember Masks

Comment

COVID-19: Infinity Trigger, Second Romance

Comment

Covid: Times of lockdown extended stratagems

Comment

Caught Out Via Idiot Dilemma XIX-IV

Comment

Notably Contagious E-variant-elion

Comment

Super Spreader Combination Variant: Agents of C.O.V.I.D.

Comment

Today there were no COVID deaths in the UK for the first time in 10 months. Time to get together and celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-for-unlocking
                    Today there were no COVID deaths in the UK for the first time in 10 months. Time to get together and celebrate!
                    I'm calling bulls**t on that
                    It's the day after a bank holiday weekend so the records won't be updated correctly... figures after a weekend are always low because of delayed recording anyway so throw in a bank holiday & it will be even lower

I reckon todays tally will be in double figures & we'll probably break 4000 cases again

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                      I'm calling bulls**t on that
                      It's the day after a bank holiday weekend so the records won't be updated correctly... figures after a weekend are always low because of delayed recording anyway so throw in a bank holiday & it will be even lower

I reckon todays tally will be in double figures & we'll probably break 4000 cases again

Neil
                      Yep, absolutely bull claim. The way everyone was behaving over the bank holiday there no way it didn’t spread like wildfire again.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        Yep, absolutely bull claim. The way everyone was behaving over the bank holiday there no way it didn’t spread like wildfire again.
                        Yeah mum n dad took Chloe to Canvey yesterday for the beach, got there around 10am & came away just after lunch but they said it was crazy busy & the cars were parked everywhere
                        They were good, kept their distance & stuff but we're amazed by how busy it was

Thing is I'm not even sure things would have been any quieter even if we were still in lockdown
                        The nice weather means even if restrictions were in place a good percentage of people would have ignored them anyway & still gone to the beaches

Dread to think how bad Southend would have been all weekend

Neil

Comment

Me and the other half had to go out to look at fridges on Monday. Shops were fine which was nice, the traffic going into southend was a car park. Luckily we missed it all diverting onto canvey to get their beach on by mins on our way back.

Comment

Responsible reporting as ever

Comment

The Mail really needs to die in fire.

Comment

Is that seriously their headline?

Whoever typed that knows that it's going to cause people to genuinely, FACTUALLY DIE.

Comment

Working...
                                X