X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebrity Deaths Thread 2022

Celebrity Deaths Thread 2022

2021 was a classic; disease, deprivation and death parading down main street, with that fella who always had something different to say, Prince Phillip, joining the choir invisible - so in 2022 what could possibli go wrong?

This is the 2022 thread for bringing out your dead.

Name - Age - Date of Death

January 2022
    -------------------
    Richard Leakey (palaeoanthropologist) - 77 - 2nd Jan

February 2022
    ---------------------

March 2022
    -----------------

April 2022
    ---------------

May 2022
    --------------

June 2022
    --------------

July 2022
    -------------

August 2022
    ------------------

September 2022
    ------------------------

October 2022
    --------------------

November 2022
    ------------------------

December 2022
    -----------------------

2021 Thread
    Last edited by MartyG; 03-01-2022, 11:12.

DeathList is a carefully selected list of 50 celebrities chosen by the DL Committee each calendar year for their likelihood to die during that year.

Always worth a revisit to the deathliest too. Apparently 11 out of 50 tracked celebs died in 2021 making it not too bad a year considering. Quite a fair few 95+ year olds on there so 2022 could be a bumper year

Comment

Celebrated Kenyan fossil hunter and conservationist Richard Leakey, whose groundbreaking discoveries helped prove that humans evolved in Africa, has passed away at the age of 77.

Comment

The unforgettable *shiver* image of the Bogandoff twins is all that's left behind after family have confirmed both have died within a week of each other from COVID having refused to be vaccinated

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainm...rtan-ntp-feeds
          The unforgettable *shiver* image of the Bogandoff twins is all that's left behind after family have confirmed both have died within a week of each other from COVID having refused to be vaccinated
          That's ****ty but WTF did they do to their faces? I've never seen these guys but man, they looked so unnatural. Plastic Surgery really does make people look worse when they can't stop.

Comment

They don't need puppets made for Spitting Image.

Comment

Sidney Poitier has died and all I can think of is this, which stuck with me for all these years:

Comment

Hahhahaha!

A distinguished career, decades long and that's what you remember him for?

Comment

It's his most important achievement!

Comment

Comment

Really sad news about Poitier, Heat of the Night and They Call me Mr Tibbs! are superb and a must watch for any film fan.
                      Last edited by Anpanman; 07-01-2022, 16:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                        Really sad news about Poitier, Heat of the Night and They Call me Mr Tibbs! are superb and a must watch for any film fan.
                        Would include Oprah Winfrey's 1998 remake of the 1962 classic David & Lisa in that. Wonderfully subtle versatility from Sidney Poitier.

A wonderful actor who truly broke down barriers and opened doors for others to follow him in the industry.

RIP.
                        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 08-01-2022, 06:09.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          Mr Sidney Poitier … sad news but this is my go-to when I hear his name

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            Mr Sidney Poitier … sad news but this is my go-to when I hear his name
                            Totally the same for me

He was brilliant though, especially in In The Heat Of The Night and Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner? and as NE says, broke down barriers big time.

Never seen Call Me Mr Tibbs and David and Lisa. Good opportunity to check those out.

Comment

Peter Bogdanovich passed away Jan 6th.
                              Sadly I only know him from the snooty party episode of How I Met Your Mother, but he had big contributions to cinema.

Comment

Working...
                              X