Your achievements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    This reminds me, I have one which might interest people.

When the SNES Mini came out, they did a one-off SuperPlay magazine, where they reprinted all their reviews of the games that were on the machine, along with writing a new one for Starfox 2. I went out to get it, actually picking up two as a friend from work really wanted one. We were looking through them that lunchtime, and he noticed that in the back, they were having a giveaway - old-school, you had to send in a postcard. He didn't think it was worth the bother but I decided I'd give it a try; got a postcard from the corner-shop across the road and sent it straight off.

And that's how I won this:

It's a Wil Overton original, painted on acetate, and was the art used on this cover:

It was sitting in a box until during the pandemic, when I finally found time to frame a load of pictures I'd picked up in various places.

Given how you had to enter the competition, I've wondered in the past if I was the only entrant.
    [/COLOR]
    That is fantastic! Super Play was the only SFC mag worth reading.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      I ran 50 miles today. 10h47m. Totally fubard

94,000 steps
      I’ve probably ran less that that across my entire life.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        Given the current state of the nation, if you're British and managed to leave Britain, permanently, then you win this thread really.
        I can only post something similar to Mark. I’ve never really done anything for the record books, but I did manage to leave the UK and make a much better life for myself considering the alternative of wasting away in ****ing Burnley hoarding video games and hating it.

We’re living in rural Netherlands now (Zeddam). It’s great, but I could be doing with another dog because I’m not out enjoying the scenery as much anymore.

I can’t complain at all. We got on the property ladder at just the right time and I’m earning proper (finally) in an easy enough 30hr per week role to never have to worry about finances ever again, hopefully. Got it all, really. It’s a little bit concerning when you have nothing at all to worry about - you’re constantly waiting for some bull**** around the corner to slap you in the face, like some stupid ghost house ride or something. Maybe this upturn is deserved after 2020, that was a really **** year. Had manz on here (Asura) offering to buy my son a game for his birthday I was so broke.

Watching Ricky Gervais’ After Life is making me realise the fragility of a decent life more than ever.
        Last edited by dataDave; 14-04-2022, 10:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
          i don't think their will of been many entrants super niche magazine with a super niche way of entering the competition send a post card ffs
          That's what I said!

Comment

Nothing major. Just stuff in a niche area.

I’ve had 5 articles published in Eastern Heroes magazine over the last year. Another 5 or 6 are in the pipeline. I’ve proof-read absolutely loads for the editor, including re-writing and transcribing whole articles and interviews. I’ve proof-read bits and pieces for the recent books he’s put out, too. I’m currently 2/3rds of the way through writing his autobiography as a ghost-writer.

It’s all very gratifying and whatnot, but outside of a very niche hobby, nobody cares.

Comment

Christ. Thinking about Burnley really does send shivers down my spine. ****ing hell.

Comment

I was randomly doodling in the student union building of my university when someone who was a friend of a friend complemented it and asked if I fancied doing a sketch to advertise the next halloween party for the union for their paper.

I sadly don't have any copies but it was basically a Where's Wally type drawing just sketched in pen which they indeed put in their union magazine. That was pretty awesome.

I also made many suggestions of sketches to Jolly Jack many years ago when he asked on B3ta which he chose to draw about 5-10 over the years and someone on there asked for designs for a pixel art to make a crochet square/ quilted blanket of which they chose my design which again was pretty neat.

I wish I could buy some of those JJ designs that I had originally suggested but I did manage to get one of his sketches on Ebay years ago which hangs near [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION]'s Super Play magazine prize.

Comment

Cool! Love reading these!

Comment

Working...
                  X