Little Things That Irk You IX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small ones but it's been a while

Football updates on the news. I doubt fans keenly follow news updates to get the tiny results news programmes contain, the post-match soundbites are tiresome as hell as bored players and managers find endless ways to reword "We did/didn't kick enough balls into a net" and most critically of all - it's not news.

Beyonce worshipping over her taking the title as first No.1 black country artist. Paying a team to write tracks so you can leverage your brands existing popularity to shoulder push past those trying to break through in the genre is not an accomplishment, it's cheap PR.

James new song Your World, so bad it almost feels like it's intended as parody

Comment

Had a hob installed at Christmas. Half of it stopped working after 2 weeks. Engineer took ages to come and then ages to get part to fix it. Another week and it failed again. Got a brand new hob arranged. Installed today. Worked for 2 mins and then whole thing failed (different error code and none of it works).

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        Had a hob installed at Christmas. Half of it stopped working after 2 weeks. Engineer took ages to come and then ages to get part to fix it. Another week and it failed again. Got a brand new hob arranged. Installed today. Worked for 2 mins and then whole thing failed (different error code and none of it works).
        Yep had the same thing in our new kitchen, nice induction hob,
        1st one smashed to bits.
        2nd one smashed to bits.
        3rd one failed out the box.
        4th one smashed to bits.
        5th one 2 call outs (this took a month) motherboard changed then they discovered it was the left plate that failed.
        6th one was finally actually working and not smashed.

They left the 5th one with us to sell on which works but needs a new left plate, right plate & extraction is fine though.

Whole thing was disgustingly slow and took a good 4 months to finally get resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          Beyonce worshipping over her taking the title as first No.1 black country artist. Paying a team to write tracks so you can leverage your brands existing popularity to shoulder push past those trying to break through in the genre is not an accomplishment, it's cheap PR.

Comment

Idiots calling more than one piece of lego, legos! Really winds me up. Lego is non countable yet you younger people of the world don't seem to know that. I guess they say sheeps and fishes (not fishing) as well 😞

Comment

Wife is going to London today, yesterday she gets an email from Avanti about late notice cancellations, trains today are going to be cancelled due to high sickness levels.

Had a look on the BBC website at the sports section, ah yes we have the FA Cup final and both Manc clubs are playing.

To add insult to injury she receives another one this morning telling her that trains to London will be busier than usual due to fans travelling for the match.

Comment

Woke at 5am in a pool of sweat and roasting hot. I'd had a dream about running away from the police for hours.

Comment

I wonder what you have been up to? πŸ˜…

Comment

When I'm asleep, I appear to only ever roll over one way, so when I wake up in the morning, my pyjamas are all twisted.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      When I'm asleep, I appear to only ever roll over one way, so when I wake up in the morning, my pyjamas are all twisted.
                      It irks me pyjamas are a thing, free yourself from these shackles!

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post

It irks me pyjamas are a thing, free yourself from these shackles!
                        I'd tie myself up even more if I didn't have pyjamas on

Comment

Oh get out of it πŸ˜‚ And stop wearing pyjamas, it’s weird, this isn’t the 1800’s πŸ˜‚

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            Oh get out of it πŸ˜‚ And stop wearing pyjamas, it’s weird, this isn’t the 1800’s πŸ˜‚

β€˜"I will wear pyjamas in the Past, the Present, and the Future!" Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed.’

Comment

My inability to give up my smartphone and lead a more minimalist life.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                Idiots calling more than one piece of lego, legos! Really winds me up. Lego is non countable yet you younger people of the world don't seem to know that. I guess they say sheeps and fishes (not fishing) as well 😞
                                I sometimes make it countable (I found three Legos in my sock), and sometimes I don’t (this car is made of Lego).

It depends on my mood, really.

Are you calling me an idiots?

Comment

Working...
                                X