Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I've half packed my bags, sorted yen 'n stuff out and I've got little over 2 days to go before I'm off to Japan for 2 weeks. ^_^

The only thing that bugs me is the distance between Tokyo and it's airport. I've been told it's about an hours ride away by train. Is that correct? Is it best to just jump on a bus and ride into Tokyo? And what are taxis like generally?
    Oh, and would anyone recommend Mos Burgers?

Comment

**** Yes. Mos Burgers are the utter ****!!! Also, if you like KFC, try they're Wa Fu Burger. Lush isn't the word.

Well, we got to our hotel in Shinjuku via the Hotel Bus, which took about 45 minutes roughly, might've been a bit longer. As soon as you hit Tokyo, the traffic tends to slow as you'd expect.

Taxis are quite expensive out there mate, I'd stick to their excellent train service or pick up the bus. Probably train though if you haven't sorted your transfers from Narita though.

Comment

Cheers Bleeders! Our hotel bus to Shiba Park is sorted I think, though the missus has been worrying me with talk of the bus not running early enough for our return flight.
        Wa Fu Burger
        Consider it got!

Comment

MOS are pretty much the best chain store burgers in Japan, though of course you can get better if you are prepared to pay. Freshness Burgers are quite tasty along with Kua 'Aina which is more of an upmarket burger bar.
          Last edited by Richard.John; 13-04-2007, 12:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Emir View Post
            Cheers Bleeders! Our hotel bus to Shiba Park is sorted I think, though the missus has been worrying me with talk of the bus not running early enough for our return flight.

Consider it got!
            Did you book it through a travel agent, mate?

If not, check with the hotel mate, they'll see you right. With us, we had to be up at 4 in the morning for the 6 o'clock bus if memory serves.

Who are you flying with?

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
              Did you book it through a travel agent, mate?
              Aye, a kinda tailor made job. The missus should be at the agents now, sorting out final details 'n stuff.

Who are you flying with?
              Swiss international. We change at Zurich.

Comment

Niicee!!

You'll love it mate. No matter what anyone says to you before you go, nothing can prepare you for how different it is to here, nothing.

It's awesome. Might have to chat to the missus and book up to go back myself.

Comment

I'm proper hyped by it now. We're also taking a trip to Yudanaka to see the Snow Monkeys. Expect videos when I return.

Comment

Niicee!!

You'll love it mate. No matter what anyone says to you before you go, nothing can prepare you for how different it is to here, nothing.

It's awesome.
                    It's funny, one of the girls at work said the same to me before I went out there and I thought "yeah, yeah" but it's the Gods honest truth. totally amazing!

Oh, and Mos Burger are FANTASTIC!!!! Mos Cheeseburger ftw!!!

Comment

Yep, it is so different to anything you can possibly imagine (is that a line from Star Wars?)

Would also agree with the others, MOS Burger is excellent. Try and stay away from anything western if you can, you can always get a KFC back home - MOS you can't.

Have a great trip! - just 122 days for me.

Comment

have a great trip mate. And make sure you visit Osaka. <3

Im moving out there permanently in July, and I'm positively bursting with excitement.

Comment

Cheers all! ^_^

I'll prolly update you all with drunken ramblings some time next week. It's my Birthday on the 19th. Anyone recommend decent watering holes? I'll be in Tokyo at the time. Ta.

Originally posted by dave heats View Post
                          And make sure you visit Osaka. <3

Im moving out there permanently in July, and I'm positively bursting with excitement.
                          Sounds ace fella. Good luck with the move!
                          I think we plan on visiting Osaka for a day while we're staying in Kyoto. Might as well make use of the rail pass, eh?

Comment

yeah man, no excuse not to check out Osaka in that case. ^_^

Say hi to the schoolgirls from me. xxx

Comment

On the question of it being different, well what do you expect? Of course it is different but familiar as well in some ways. Enjoy your trip.
                              Last edited by Richard.John; 13-04-2007, 23:06.

Comment

Apart from using Kansai as our entry/exit point we always visit Osaka to meet up with friends etc.

This year when we are there, a small event is taking place;

Comment

Working...
                                X