Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Carrick fee has been revealed. 18.6 million quid which includes add-ons. That will do nicely.

Comment

Considering that they paid about 19 million for RNV back when they bought him, getting them to spend virtually the same amount on Carrick is brilliant! Whoever handled the negotiations deserves a nice bonus!

Having said that, I think a large part of that price goes down to the fact that Man Utd were desperate to sign someone to appease their fans. Gotta say that selling RNV to Madrid for about 11 million and then paying nearly double that to get Carrick from us doesn't exactly seem like fantastic business from their POV.

Comment

New home kit goes on sale on the 22nd of August, leaving it very late for the new season! It'll look a bit daft in the first couple of games when hardly any fans have the kit.

Comment

Season starts on 19th, bizarre.

Comment

I was in the South Lower, Block 34, 3rd row from the front.

Routledge was out of his league, although I think we have been spoilt with Lennon in recent times and expect the same of Routledge. I would not even put him in as a squad player based on Sundays performance.

Ghaly for me was superb. Quick, tracked back and constantly played forward passes. Will be intersting to see which of him and Zakora will get the nod in midfield.

The three man strikeforce worked quite well but I felt that Keane was pulled over to the right hand side to make up for the deficiency in Routledges play far too often. Cant see this happening with Lennon in the side, and will free up Defoe a lot more as he was having to support Keane throughout the game.

Berbatov looks like a good buy. Like a Mido with the ability to run No in fairness a few threw balls were played through and the guy ran right to the byline to get them. Top man

Huddlestone looked good too, and I think with a bit of confidence will be a Carrick esque player or even better. Very attacking, and always looking for the ball. Didnt look lazy at all, which cannot be said for some of the Spurs playes of last season.

Ekotto really does look the business. Even Ashley Cole like in his command of the left back position. I would assume that he will start at LB and this will push Lee over to the RB position, which is his more favoured side. Good to see Ifil on the bench, as for the few games he played early last season I thought he was pretty decent.

Tanio, well he just got bored in the secon half, as did I to be perfectly honest. Cracking 2nd goal, and hats off to him for taking a **** from distance, something we dont do enough IMHO.

Just a few things.... When is Barnard going to get a proper start? The kid is banging them in for fun in teh Reserves and surely deserves a run out?

Also where was the atmospphere in the South Stand? The first ten minutes were noisey (although the entire songlist was raced through in this time) and then there was little for the rest of the game. I know it was a friendly but I was dissapointed at the lack of banter and sing song for which I have come to love in the Park lane end.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroRevival
              Tanio, well he just got bored in the secon half, as did I to be perfectly honest. Cracking 2nd goal, and hats off to him for taking a **** from distance, something we dont do enough IMHO.
              Will the jokes about the West Ham food poisoning incident never end??? Sorry, I couldn't resist!

As for the atmosphere, I think the pace a lot of the game was played at had something to do with it. Inter especially seemed to be treating it very much as a training exercise, although they did step up their pace a bit in the second half. I was in the north stand to see Spurs vs Porto last year and there was a lot more chanting in that match (probably cos it was a better match).

Comment

The new away kit is light blue (or 'aqua' as the website calls it) see it here: http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news...meandaway.html
                Bizarrely it's not out till September, are ourselves and Puma off their tits? Suprisingly the brown (or 'chocolate' as the website calls it) third kit has sold out in adult sizes. There's no accounting for taste, eh?

Comment

Originally Posted by RetroRevival
                  I honestly did not mean that to come out the way it did, but it was funny none the less.

Comment

I personally think that when they designed the QWERTY layout, they made sure that there were as many chances for accidentally typing swear words as possible! The I in the middle of U and O means shut and shot can easily become ****. The F next to the D so duck can become ****... it's all a big conspiracy I tell you!

Comment

Latest friendly result. D 1-1 at Borussia Dortmund.

Thanks to the wonders of the internet (and Easyjet, who sponsored the coverage) i was able to watch the game.

Another decent performance by Spurs. Apart from the first 10 minutes where we simply weren't in the game it was fairly even.

Lennon in for Defoe, but we still played with three up front (most of the time anyway.)

Dortmund scored from a freekick. I thought Robinson was slightly at fault to be honest. He didn't seen to get across quick enough to deal with the shot. Saying that though he was fine apart from that and any criticism is probably a little harsh when you consider it was his first game of the season.

Benoit A-E was again seriously impressive. Lee played at RB btw.

Zokora was neat and tidy. A busy player and just what we need in there with Jenas.

Lennon was iffy at first but soon got into the game. He setup Keane for a fairly easy chance (missed into the side netting) after a lovely run. I did notice though that he was getting doubled-up a lot. A sign of how seriously the opposition will take him this year i think.

Berbatov scored a nice solo goal. Picked the ball up outside the box, dummied to pass or shoot with his right foot, went past the defender and slotted the ball past the goalie with his left foot.

We also had a goal disallowed in the first half for what reason i'm not sure. Looked nothing wrong to me.

Late in the game we had a great chance for the win. Someone chipped the ball into the box and Berbatov knocked it down to Keane who somehow hit the crossbar from 6 yards out.

Comment

Are there any sites out there with highlight coverage of our friendly games so far? I wouldn't mind seeing Berbatov's goals and seeing how some of our squad players have got on. Decent result against Dortmund, they're the type of European opposition we need practice against.

Comment

I don't have a video but there is a animated gif of the Berbatov goal doing the rounds already. Here is the link :

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/5...goalpx8at8.gif

I'll post again if i find a vid of all the friendly match highlights.

Comment

I won't get bored of watching that, a few of those in the Prem please Dimitar!

Comment

Pleased to see him scoring freely, got him in my fantasy league team

Comment

Carrick*spits* just limped out of Man U vs Ajax game and it dont look good(well looks great from my end but hey )

*cant stop laughing*

Comment

Working...
                                X