Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long way to, but we do look like a top contender this season. Riera looking like a very decent signing.

Comment

No dreaming from here. 3 points is nothing for us - we can easily drop 3 pts where we don't want to. This needs to be followed up. I am a little worried about the energy levels as we have expended a lot and, under Rafa, we have had strong ends.

We have to keep going. Great result, well played and no saves for Reina - that is a true shut out!

Comment

Been a while since we topped the table so spread the word
        Attached Files

Comment

aaar now come on David, you're at it again lol

You sure that's not a Hull City avatar?

Comment

Why not, as they're above both Arsenal and Man U

Edited image to quell the Hull City fan rumours.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by VR46; 26-10-2008, 14:44.

Comment

Well done guys! I was hoping for a draw but if I wanted anyone to win it had to be you lots, glad Chelsea's "perfect" home record is gone

Comment

More jam than Hartleys you lot at the mo,but for once in my life im happy you lot got the result today to ruin Chelskis home record and abigsmurfs day..Hehehe.

Comment

Eat my jam! We looking to spread it all over Old Toilet's toastie pitch too

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                    Eat my jam! We looking to spread it all over Old Toilet's toastie pitch too

Then you better at least bring your first team and not them reserves you played today at Smurfys Bridge Mr H.

Comment

I've not yet seen the first team or know who they are, I hope Torres and Gerrard can break into it or at least make the bench. A rumour's going around that Etoo plays in it

Comment

We were lucky today. Lucky to prevent Reina making a single save away from home.

Also, Robbie Keane, has he done anything for us at all this season? He got in the way a few times today - that bit in midfield where gerrard ran with it and he ran TOWARDS stevie.

The formation we played today was our best one I think - plays all three of our excellent midfielders (and the retention of Alonso is looking very very fortunate atm) gives width from Riera and Kuyt (with him tracking back AND in). With a proper striker, such as Babel at the end, we look quite good.
                        I think we have to be critical as there is a lot of improvement we can still make - which is kind of nice anyway!

Comment

Not a payer of Liverpool winning the title this season. I admit they are playing better with a lot more consistency than last season, but any team that keeps going down by one or two goals in almost every other match is going to come a cropper at some point.
                          I dont quite understand why the pundits are lauding their comebacks as if it is something of a title winning formula. Sure they have managed to start winning games they would surely have lost or drew last season but i doint think that by having to keep coming back from 2 goals every other game is something to shout from the rooftops about. There is a problem there that needs addressing rapidly or it will ultimately cost you over the next few months.
                          To be honest i thought Liverpool were fortunate to win as Chelsea had the Pool on the rack for most of the game but their final ball was shocking and Malouda is quite possibly the worst winger i have ever seen.
                          I like Riera. Is he the same player from Man City...the blues must be gutted.

Great result tho for the Pool without Torres i have to admit, especially for us down the East Lancs Rd. Had Chelsea won, i would have been a lot more worried as i think they are nailed on for the title this season and i dont want them getting any further out of sight. I have a feeling we're gonna struggle this season as berbatov looks about as lively Bob Hope and Ronaldo is still sulking.

I'll make a prediction that Liverpool won't get within 10 points of the leaders at the end of the season.

Comment

The scousers are looking like genuine title contenders even though I hate to say it. They've picked up points in games that they would have maybe thrown away in previous seasons. And they also beat both ourselves and Chelsea this season, fairly convincily I'd say. A statement of intent from them doesn't get any bigger than that.

After failing to win the league for the last 18 years (lol!), you can be sure that they'll be going all out.

Comment

The comebacks are good because the heart required for them is very important and that is the one thing that has been lacking for a while - mental toughness. Its not ideal that we have conceded so many but, generally we concede far fewer actual chances than any other team and even this season, very few chances have been given but they have been converted. Wigan and City both had fewer than 5 chances in the games and scored twice each. Chelsea did not force a single save from the keeper. That gives confidence but I do have concerns about our energy levels and still think we are likely too drop many points. In the last few years, we have had some very strong runs undermined by periods of poor results. I believe we have the most points over the last calendar year for instance but that is irrelevant as it has to be over one season!

Comment

Originally posted by saif View Post
                                The comebacks are good because the heart required for them is very important and that is the one thing that has been lacking for a while - mental toughness. Its not ideal that we have conceded so many but, generally we concede far fewer actual chances than any other team and even this season, very few chances have been given but they have been converted. Wigan and City both had fewer than 5 chances in the games and scored twice each. Chelsea did not force a single save from the keeper. That gives confidence but I do have concerns about our energy levels and still think we are likely too drop many points. In the last few years, we have had some very strong runs undermined by periods of poor results. I believe we have the most points over the last calendar year for instance but that is irrelevant as it has to be over one season!
                                Agree with that, except for the lack or paragraphs!

Injuries are a concern, but that applies to all teams and our squad has a little more depth than in the past.

The January transfer window isn't far away. Now that's going to be interesting!

Comment

Working...
                                X