Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a U.S. takeover is imminent >>> US duo set for Liverpool takeover

Comment

any kind of takeover is a must, we need to be competing a little more for the world class players although i must say we have had a shrewd few buys, alonso being one, i think benitez needs the cash as i think he has a vision and maybe just maybe we can take back what really belongs to us

Comment

Disappointing display really. Gerrard and Alonso never really stepped up their game and Pennant still can't get going.

I actually believed we may have snatched second place but I guess we blown any chance of it completely now...

Everton didn't offer anything apart from one chance Johnson and saved by the keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
          Disappointing display really. Gerrard and Alonso never really stepped up their game and Pennant still can't get going.

I actually believed we may have snatched second place but I guess we blown any chance of it completely now...

Everton didn't offer anything apart from one chance Johnson and saved by the keeper.
          Have to agree with the majority of that.

I would like to think you're wrong about 2nd place/late title charge, but I fear that you're probably right.

The thing that pisses me off the most about it is Rafa's tinkering. Was a 4-3-3 really necessary? Why didn't he just leave well enough alone and start with the 4-4-2 (the formation used at Anfield for the majority of our unbeaten league home run this season), playing Bellamy & Kuyt up front?

While I believe that Crouch isn't as bad a player as his critics would have you believe, I honestly don't rate him. His heading ability is a disgrace - it's not even half-decent - he squandered a few good chances that might have seen us snatch a result. Neither do I rate Pennant - never have, and he had a stinker also (the story of his season, tbh - absolute mediocrity). Are the club's finances really that bad that the best we can settle for are two players like these?

The next few Prem fixtures for LFC are massive. If Rafa gets it wrong tactically in those matches, I dread to think of the consequences...

Comment

Pennant does really seem out of his depth in a red shirt which is a shame really as I want to see the lad be a quality player. Arsenal wouldn't have let him go if he was the talent we are led to believe. With the new signings too of unknowns and youth I can't see any improvement they'll bring to the squad. Kuyt is quality though I love the way he works for the team, even compared to Gerrard, he is running like about everywhere.

Comment

The vast majority of people around me seemed to think Pennant was our best out field player and I would probably agree, especially in the second half. He wasn't amazing or anything, but he was always finding space in advanced positions, put in some half decent balls. Crouch and Kuyt both did nothing in the box to attack balls coming in, Stubbs & Yobo totally bossed both of them and won everything in the air. Nobody was coming in at the back post either, which meant everything was bunched up giving Pennant **** all to aim for.
              There are normally quite a few JP hecklers in my block, but they were mostly behind him today...

The real worries are Xabi Alonso and Riise, who were both ****ing awful. Alonso is a much better player with Sissoko in the team (IMO) and Riise has just been awful all season, looks totally unfit/jaded.

Just one of those games against a scruffy, defensive, nothing side. Celebrated a 0-0 draw like they'd won the league.

The next few Prem fixtures for LFC are massive. If Rafa gets it wrong tactically in those matches, I dread to think of the consequences...
              If anything the derby result has made the remainder of the league season pretty irrelevant.
              Second place is pretty much gone and Bolton aren't good enough to get 7 points more than us from the remaining 12 games. The difference between finishing 3rd and 4th isn't much to excited about.
              Last edited by SharkSkin-Man; 04-02-2007, 12:56.

Comment

Yeah 3rd and 4th it would seem now. It's really odd, I do not want the mancs to win the league at all, but I want Chelski to lose so we "could have" possibily overhauled them to 2nd spot. Biggest game of the season not including champions league is beating the mancs and hopefully denting their title hopes. That'd do for me...

Comment

American takeover confirmed

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

Thank **** it's all over tbh.

If they keep in the background, support the manager, respect our traditions and don't raise ticket prices to a stupid level they'll do for me.

Comment

USA,USA,USA, get use to it as your going to hear it a hell of a lot

Comment

We can all sing it together at the game in March, what a beautiful piece of Manc/Liverpool bonding that would be...then we could have a fight on Stanley Park after.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man View Post
                          We can all sing it together at the game in March, what a beautiful piece of Manc/Liverpool bonding that would be...then we could have a fight on Stanley Park after.
                          Can't see that happening after last season **** throwing incident from Annie Road. Then again, who'd want to sing in harmony with that shower?

They've made the right noises so far and with Moores as a figurehead, hopefully it will be a fairly seamless transition.

Bit of a shocking derby with the small club across Stanley park Saturday?

Comment

hehe.

So is it Villa, Kuyt and Henry up front next season?

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                              hehe.

So is it Villa, Kuyt and Henry up front next season?
                              Small steps. Get some of the players we actually want, rather than the ones we can afford.

Yes, I'm looking at you Crouch and Pennant.

Comment

Scouts have prepared a guide to the Liverpool Reds

Jose (Pep) Reina

Netminder with an impressive 19 shutouts this regular season. Save average of .854 in last five outs. Replaces New Jerzy Dudek as first-choice goaltender after veteran's series of high-profile handling errors. Nicknamed after Pep Le Pew, the cheese-eating surrender skunk.

James 'The Minister Of Defense' Carragher

Captain of defense and native 'Scouser'. 2963 minutes of field time with powerplay change-up stats of 5-6-3. Awesome displays in penalty zone versus aerial offense plays. Awesome displays at club Christmas parties. Distribution ranked only 245th in EPL. Note: communication may be difficult as James does not speak English.

Steve O'Finnan

Defensive cornerback/outside linebacker ranked six in division for forward offense running plays. Highly-rated change-up, groundspeed. 245 defensive tackle ratio. Proud Irishman: merchandising opportunities with millions of east coast Americans who are 1/64 from Cork. Vital cornerman, new shorts.

Sam Hyypia

Veteran centerblocker famed for aerial rebound ability, composureability, although lacks change-up, questions over groundplay v forwards with nimbleness quotient. Radical air with headbombs from special plays ensures a conversions per season tally average of six. Hails from Finlandland, a country in Europe that is part of the 'Axis Of Pleasantness'.

John-Arnold Riise

Cornerman who regularly features in goalshot of the month sweeps with a left peg rated in top five nationwide for sweetness. Rookie, sophomore seasons raised expectations of possible Hall of Famer status but recent semesters have seen the person of redly-challenged hair demoted to bullpen on occasion. 7-6-8.

Gerrard Steven

Team MVP, captain and midfielderman famed for power running, pass accuracy, assists. Has dressed as center, right wingerbacker (offensive and defensive) and even as secondary power forward. Can rush goal or sit back in the pocket. Career high came in Pro-Ball showdown against the Milan Tumblers in Istanbul (believed site of WMD).

Craig Bellamy

Controversial wide receiver/goal forward rated division's third most likely player to face red card takedown in grudge slams. Lightning fast in joggy work down winglines, although critics question net targeting infield. Has switched franchises several times in career amid rumors of all-star level jackassery.

Robert Bernard Fowler

Veteran strike attacker and all-time Liverpool Reds Hall of Famer. Once considered league MVP for shotzone rebounds and accuracy in the paint. Famously flagged on field for displaying his tight end to opponent Graeme Le Saux, and for calling into question The War On Drugs.

Xavi Alonso (ITA)

6-5-7, 12, 468, 0.43, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 98632548, 1, 1, 0 (?), 0, 1. 0.3.

Jermaine Pennant

Wide receiver/running forward has rushed for over 1,000 yards in Liverpool Reds rookie season. Crossfields delivery success rate well into point-seven-ohs, play action, sprinty, jigglebomb, DUI. 6.662. Off-field activities saw him given bum's rush from Steve Bruskowski's Birmingham Brums. Only soccerplayer on roster with a sensible sportsman's name.

Peter Crouch Jr

Power forward who could have potential if consortium moves into NBA. Noted for headbomb assists, ganglyhole, salmon leap, robotics. 0.673, runners batted in, three points. Traded several times early in career but has flourished under head coach Benitez at the Anfield Taco Bellodrome.

Comment

Working...
                                X