Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wigan Portsmouth and Wolves in the league between Wednesday and Boxing Day and with only the Portsmouth one being away we've got to show some guts and pick up some wins. We can only keep losing/drawing and remain seventh for so long.

Can't see Rafa possibly getting the boot until the end of the season even though the press are going to be right on his case tomorrow.

Comment

If Rafa does go (by means of the owners booting him out) it will be in the next 2 weeks.

That would give the incoming manager the Jan transfer window to do a bit of wheeling & dealing, be it loans/swap deal/buy.

No point in ditching Rafa after that till the end of the season, if thats whats needed (unless we are spiralling down the table).

I just can't think of a (world class) manager who is readily available at present.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
        If Rafa does go (by means of the owners booting him out) it will be in the next 2 weeks.

That would give the incoming manager the Jan transfer window to do a bit of wheeling & dealing, be it loans/swap deal/buy.

No point in ditching Rafa after that till the end of the season, if thats whats needed (unless we are spiralling down the table).

I just can't think of a (world class) manager who is readily available at present.
        Personally, I'd be horrified to see us change manager mid-season. And no, there isn't a world-class manager at present - especially not one who would seriously take the job knowing about the Hicks/Gillette Axis of Evil, lack of financial resources and inability to offer top wages to prospective new players, IMO.
        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 14-12-2009, 05:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
          Personally, I'd be horrified to see us change manager mid-season. And no, there isn't a world-class manager at present - especially not one who would seriously take the job knowing about the Hicks/Gillette Axis of Evil, lack of financial resources and inability to offer top wages to prospective new players, IMO.
          There's always Jurgen Klinsmann.

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre View Post
            There's always Jurgen Klinsmann.

He said world class.

Comment

I've been watching this crisis with interest, and I'm not sure why there's been such a fall from grace. Is it down to the loss of Alonso? Or is Pop Up Pirate the main factor behind it, with crap selection and tactics?

Comment

A mixture of dubious selections, signings, a good dollop of bad luck, a healthy serving of injuries and good dose of players under performing.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                  Hopefully in a couple of weeks Gary Mugson should be free

Comment

I'm still not *that* worried really as far as a top 4 finish goes, which given the way the summer went and the season started, would be perfectly acceptable.

I mean we've been absolutely awful in terms of results, as bad as this squad of players is ever going to do - and yet Spurs, Villa and City haven't been good enough to take advantage and pull away in the way that United and Chelsea have. Get everyone back fully fit and a good run of form will eat up the small gains they have made on us.

Give the fact the club has no money, we can probably make one loan signing in January - I'm on my hands and knees praying for a striker (a good one, before anyone mentions Keane).

Comment

Wish I had your confidence, I'm prettied worried, which ever of the four teams you support gunning for fourth it's going to be close come May I feel, luckily they all just seem to be having their bad spell at the same time as us so haven't left us trailing too far behind.

Haven't a clue what the January window will bring, I guess nothing unless someone major is injured.

Comment

Well the 'almost defo gonna happen' rumour that I keep hearing from different sources is (in Jan) Rudd Van Nistelhorse is signing. Seeing as he's something like 4th choice at present, perhaps its a possibility??

Could Rafa maybe have had something in the Alonso sale that allowed him, if need be, to go back and get 'fringe' player, be it sale or loan?

Comment

Don't expect Man City to sit still in the January window of course, they'll be splashing the cash like it's going out of fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakman View Post
                            He said world class.
                            Hehe, should have included a ;-)

Shirley you didn't think I was being serious?

Comment

Rumours are suggesting Liverpool will go for Scott Parker. Not going to pay stupid money for this former Chelsea guy though (£6mill).

Comment

Wouldn't be a bad signing. Would be good for the squad. Johnson is easily looking like a 20m plus player now. Would be great as a winger.

Comment

Working...
                                X