Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess Rafa isnt serious about the title challenge then, frankly, Liverpool were terrible today. You simply cannot rest key players and expect to win in this division.

Chelsea will win tomorrow and you will already be two points behind them. A few more like that and its the same story as last season before you know it.

An awful penalty decision also, on a day where there has been several..

Comment

Damn, it's all over then.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
        I guess Rafa isnt serious about the title challenge then, frankly, Liverpool were terrible today. You simply cannot rest key players and expect to win in this division.

Chelsea will win tomorrow and you will already be two points behind them. A few more like that and its the same story as last season before you know it.

An awful penalty decision also, on a day where there has been several..
        I disagree. As a fan I would have preferred to see our full strength team out today because it's been way too long since we won the league but with around ?20m at stake in Tuesday's game you must see that it is ESSENTIAL that a team like Liverpool qualify at all costs.

Comment

CL game is the important one this week, Liverpool did at times look sloppy and their first touch was often poor, but they still should have had at least three goals, sure we'll see much better performance Tuesday and next weekend.

Comment

Exactly. if we'd played our entire first team it might not have just been Riise or Carragher out with the way our luck was.

Also, whenever Marcus lays into Liverpool we usually reply back with a convincing win so hopefully we'll do what we have to do on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
              Also, whenever Marcus lays into Liverpool we usually reply back with a convincing win so hopefully we'll do what we have to do on Tuesday.
              Shame we have to wait until 23rd Dec for a Liverpool v Watford game, then we beat sorry I mean play, them again three weeks later

Comment

What, just like last time we met you at Anfield huh?

Comment

That wasn't too bad.

First half pretty good. Second half pretty nervous. Crouch was very good as was Agger. Momo's injury didn't look too clever.

Easy draw in the next round please.

Comment

Another thing, the ITV/SKY/BBC boys seem to be waffling bollox again over Liverpool's 'weak' zonal marking. Liverpool successfully defended more set-pieces than any other side in the league last year regardless of what football geniuses like Lee Dixon might have you think.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man
                      Another thing, the ITV/SKY/BBC boys seem to be waffling bollox again over Liverpool's 'weak' zonal marking. Liverpool successfully defended more set-pieces than any other side in the league last year regardless of what football geniuses like Lee Dixon might have you think.
                      Indeed, that really pisses me off. Once the likes of Agger and Aurelio settle in and learn the ropes things will be back to being as insanely solid as last season I'm sure.

In regards to last night's match it was job done. The insane amount of fouls completly killed the match for me, it seemed like every time Liverpool started to make something they were just kicked over and the game never really built up any rhythm. Oh well, we're through so that's all that matters really, it's just a shame we've lost Sissoko for 2+ weeks. Finger's crossed he's fit in time for Chelsea....

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris
                        Indeed, that really pisses me off. Once the likes of Agger and Aurelio settle in and learn the ropes things will be back to being as insanely solid as last season I'm sure.

In regards to last night's match it was job done. The insane amount of fouls completly killed the match for me, it seemed like every time Liverpool started to make something they were just kicked over and the game never really built up any rhythm. Oh well, we're through so that's all that matters really, it's just a shame we've lost Sissoko for 2+ weeks. Finger's crossed he's fit in time for Chelsea....
                        Remember these pundits on telly are there to look smart, not be smart.

Comment

I thought it was funny to see Dirk Kuyt march on yesterday and start cracking, squirting and heading balls around the pitch. He looked lively. Let's hope we see more of that

Comment

He was on a mission, looked very lively. Smaller & quicker than he looks on TV.

It was all a bit disjointed yesterday, but there were little spells when the new guys started to click and the team moved forward together with real pace - very promising. Aurelio, Pennant and Gonzalez all cross a lovely ball in at pace.

Agger looks a bit special for a center back

Comment

Kuyt has it all.. right down to the voice >>> check this out!

Footage from Dutch league awards where he recently picked up player of the year.

Comment

Kromkamp's joined PSV.

Must mean the long rumoured deal for Lucas Neill is all but done as well.
                                Last edited by SharkSkin-Man; 31-08-2006, 15:46.

Comment

Working...
                                X