X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because we really need him...

Comment

If KK has gone, then yes we are in dire need of a right footed full-back.

Comment

A good couple of games for us. Saw the goals from the Spuds game. Once Gonzalez had turned Bellamy's shot off the post in, we were well in control. Gerrard and Alonso look like they are getting back into form after a slow start to the season.

I'm much happier to see the league table now. We definitely had to win those last two games.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Jameson
          A good couple of games for us. Saw the goals from the Spuds game. Once Gonzalez had turned Bellamy's shot off the post in, we were well in control. Gerrard and Alonso look like they are getting back into form after a slow start to the season.

I'm much happier to see the league table now. We definitely had to win those last two games.
          You can say that again, I was starting to sweat over the mancs pulling away, but all that pundit gob ****e saying they look fantastic has been proven ****e. I thought Kuyt's goal was very well taken, definitely a class act.

Comment

Thought you were very lucky to got anything out of the spurs game, if King and Jenas had took there easy chances would have been a bit different game.

As for us Mancs we will always finish above you lot so we have nout to worry bout from the scouse pile up the road.

Comment

Originally posted by glazza
              Thought you were very lucky to got anything out of the spurs game, if King and Jenas had took there easy chances would have been a bit different game.

As for us Mancs we will always finish above you lot so we have nout to worry bout from the scouse pile up the road.
              Hilarious.

Man Utd are a spent force under Fergie - plain and simple. The man's arrogance and stubborness mean that he obviously thinks he's bigger than Man Utd, thus meaning that he's still at the club when he clearly should have retired after the 2002/2003 season (your last title win).

Unfortunately for you and your fellow Utd fans Glazza, this means that Utd will never, ever again win major honours (Champions League & Prem) while Fergie is still in charge. Mediocre signings and the loss of one of the last truly top-class strikers around (Van Nistelrooy) will surely see to that.

As for the game itself, yes Jenas & King should have converted their glit-edged chances - but we dominated the large majority of the game and were well worth the win in the end.
              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 24-09-2006, 09:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse
                Hilarious.

Man Utd are a spent force under Fergie - plain and simple. The man's arrogance and stubborness mean that he obviously thinks he's bigger than Man Utd, thus meaning that he's still at the club when he clearly should have retired after the 2002/2003 season (your last title win).

Unfortunately for you and your fellow Utd fans Glazza, this means that Utd will never, ever again win major honours (Champions League & Prem) while Fergie is still in charge. Mediocre signings and the loss of one of the last truly top-class strikers around (Van Nistelrooy) will surely see to that.

As for the game itself, yes Jenas & King should have converted their glit-edged chances - but we dominated the large majority of the game and were well worth the win in the end.

Cant realy argue with you m8 bout Ferguson..personaly i think and so do many other Man U fans i know think/wished he had gone after we won the treble in 99 as alot of us actually thought he would.You are right also in the man has become bigger than the club which should never happen and when i think of the players he got rid off cos he thought they became bigger than the club makes me sick..Becks/Stam ect ect.
                A s for winning major honours under Fergusoni hate to admit this but your probably right as i wasnt taken in by our good start cos we were lucky in games against Watford/Spurs/Celtic and the defeat to Arsenal was always on the cards after 3 lucky defensive displays we certainly got what was coming to us and the same yesterday at Reading although we dominated we looked clueless upfront and very nieve at the back which is once again going to be our downfall.

G.

Comment

I love Liverpool but why do they sometimes play like they just dont care? They're really inconsistant with their footy.
                  against bolton

Comment

Cant play away, mainly due to the amount of changes your overrated boss makes. Bin him and you'll be much better off. Ok he won you the Champs league but big deal.

Comment

Bolton fan here, terrible linesman for the first goal but Reina was incredibly poor for both goals.

I still can't believe Benitez is so arrogant he thinks he knows the best place for Gerrard when the entire world knows the truth.

Your missing link today : The manager. What on earth is he on with his rotation "system".

Quality team with quality players but you never looked liked beating us after we went 1-0 up.

...honestly, what is Gerrard doing on the ****ing left?

Comment

Not a Liverpool fan, i'm a watford boy but with brothers supporting Liverpool when growing up I couldnt help getting involved.

Comment

Goddamn it. I was staying away from the scores until tonight but the local news revealed the score on the television just now.

So much for Liverpool winning the league this year. Bollocks.

Looks like it's another cup run at best again.

Comment

Why does Gerrard not play in the middle for Liverpool?

If the side plays 4-4-2, which has been the case for most of our recent games, Gerrard cannot play in a two-man midfield with either Sissoko or Xabi Alonso. When he steams up the pitch he leaves a huge hole behind him - neither Xabi nor Sissoko can deal with 2-3 players in the middle of the park on their own (Wednesday night 2nd half Liverpool got totally over run for 20 mins in the middle with a Gerrard/Xabi pairing).
                            Xabi & Sissoko with Gerrard either side is far more stable - might not be best for Steven but it is best for the team. (Plus Gerrard is an outstanding right midfielder anyway).

Anyway, today was more of a 3 in the middle with Xabi as the pivot in the center. He is more suited to that role than either Gerrard or Momo.

As for the match - it was a shocking game with neither side playing any football what so ever. The real problem was not player rotation but switching systems, trying to match Boltons shape was a poor idea as they are the best around at playing that 4-3-3/4-5-1 system. It quickly turned into 90 minutes of playground football.
                            It also seems the Liverpool goalie-turns-****-after-one-good-season curse has returned.

Comment

Just so frustrated after a big build up of promise this season, I never from the start thought we'll truely win the league, but I thought a close second was on the cards, but obviously even that may seem a bridge too far..

Comment

Originally posted by Del Boy
                                Cant play away, mainly due to the amount of changes your overrated boss makes. Bin him and you'll be much better off. Ok he won you the Champs league but big deal.
                                That post is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on here.

Comment

Working...
                                X