Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Ruud leaving would have been a bad thing had we have got Hargreaves and maybe Torres, but ending up with neither and ?10.5mill was a shocker.

Another disapointing summer of transfers.

Comment

so we sold ruud for 10.5m and john obi mikel to chelsea for 12m totalling 22.5m, and bought carrick for an intial 14m, so theres a nice little 8.5 m profit for the glazers to spend at christmas , i dont believe united were ever going to buy another 30m worth of players this summer.

Comment

Not to mention the fact that we had a transfer 'War Chest' of anywhere between 30-40 million to spend at the start of the summer where the **** is that.
        I just don't buy this bull**** when Fergie says he will not pay over the odds for players, it's not his money and he wants to win at all costs.
        Chelsea have driven the prices up so we have to compete or slip behind.
        We are lacking in Midfield, we have 1 world class striker and 3 very good but injury prone strikers. We can put out an 11 to compete with Chelsea but if injuries start to bite then we will be found wanting.

Originally posted by arcnas
        so we sold ruud for 10.5m and john obi mikel to chelsea for 12m totalling 22.5m, and bought carrick for an intial 14m, so theres a nice little 8.5 m profit for the glazers to spend at christmas , i dont believe united were ever going to buy another 30m worth of players this summer.

Comment

Only a month into the season and we've already won the double

I can't believe this is the first time Giggs has ever been Player of the Month. This calls for a celebration.

Comment

Make the most of it, only trophies you'll be getting.

Anyhow im confident that we'll beat your mob tomorrow, im going for a 2-1 shock, Carrick OG would do nicely.

Comment

Well I suppose you have to win at Old Trafford at some point. You have the law of averages on your side with that one.

I'm going for a Carrick hat-trick.

Comment

Hung on to it a bit but 1-0 United FT

Comment

Well we got the 3 points which is the most important thing.

Another performance where we have lacked a bit in midfield and let Spurs create too many chances, Carrick looked ok but not impressed with O'Shea.
                  Saha again frustrated at times very wastefull, with Rooney and hopefully Heinze back in midweek things are most definately looking good.8)

Top of the league cmon!!!!

Comment

Job done. Not exactly pretty (first 20 minutes aside) but we got the points and, just as importantly, we came through Rooney and Scholes' suspensions without missing a beat. We can use them now and Smith and Heinze should be back in the next couple of weeks.

Arsenal next weekend. Could be fun based on their current form.

Comment

The acquisition of Hargreaves would have been ideal had BM sold him to us, he breaks up play much, much better than O'Shea, who to be fair, didn't have that bad a game.

Our problem was, we failed to maintain the momentum we started out with and kept giving the ball away (Rio, I'm looking in your direction) other than that though, we won and now Rooners, Scholesy and Heinze are on there way back.

Evra did alright as well I thought, he looks a little more settled, and is a shade more reliable than Silvestre there. In anycase, Gabby is back soon.

Getting fed up with media predicting a riot for the CL game against Celtic. One it shows a lack of respect and two, Celtic will be well up for it I imagine. However, should we get Fenerbache Rooners on the pitch, then he might be the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders
                        The acquisition of Hargreaves would have been ideal had BM sold him to us, he breaks up play much, much better than O'Shea, who to be fair, didn't have that bad a game.

Our problem was, we failed to maintain the momentum we started out with and kept giving the ball away (Rio, I'm looking in your direction) other than that though, we won and now Rooners, Scholesy and Heinze are on there way back.

Evra did alright as well I thought, he looks a little more settled, and is a shade more reliable than Silvestre there. In anycase, Gabby is back soon.

Getting fed up with media predicting a riot for the CL game against Celtic. One it shows a lack of respect and two, Celtic will be well up for it I imagine. However, should we get Fenerbache Rooners on the pitch, then he might be the difference.
                        Manchester United would trounce them, honestly Celtic are awful, the english vs scottish record shows how far apart the 2 nations football is. WALKOVER tbh. 3-0

Comment

i predict we will win 3-1

goals
                          Rooney 2
                          Saha 1

Comment

Once the Celtic game is out of the way, we can look foward to playing Arsenal.

Comment

And once you get that out of the way, you can rest a few players for your journey down to Reading

Comment

Celtics record against English Preimership clubs is won 3 lost 2, I think we'll be lucky to get draw we've taken on Barcelona and Juve when the odds where against us over the last 4-5 years.

I hope we beat you just cause DC's a cockey bastard, likley to be a loss for us with the possibilty of an upset always on the cards

Comment

Working...
                                X